Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Beer time! This is the last bottle of Bootmaker Pale Ale from the last batch, the keg blew yesterday & I can still taste the hops, this had 50gms of POR 4 days before kegging, although I only got about 3 litres to bottle left over from the 19l Corny, this is the only time I like about bottling.

I definitely would not attempt to store this type of brew any longer, complete waste of time if you like a zingy hop presence.

I know a lot of you dry hop but it's a bit tricky nearing the end of the bottling process with clogging up the bottling wand. AG of course is a different matter.

Thats why I don't dry hop any k & k brews anymore.

20230326_140005.thumb.jpg.0fe6646029a11c6d4b987bd8688f29ff.jpg

Interesting. How does dry hopping lead to clogging the bottling wand?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Or have the hop pellets in a bag or container of some kind to avoid this potential problem of tube blockage.

Yes quite true, usually any stuff from hops in a dry hop are well contained within a hop sock of some sort, I generally use a Chux cloth with some SS rigging rings to keep the hop sock submerged in the wort and a string attached to it so it can be retrieved easily. However if you commando hop you may have some problems with blockages.

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, but I don't bother to CC a Pale Ale, infusion works for me so I will stick to it.

I think that @Kegory was asking about dry hopping rather than hop infusion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sour milk clipart 20 free Cliparts | Download images on Clipground 2022

Band-aid Beer!   I knew something was off when this Kveik fermentation took much longer than the usual 1.5 - 2 days.  In fact it took around 5-6 days to complete at 35ºC.    I haven't had a phenolic brew like this for years... past experience tells me time won't fix it either.  My wife likes to regularly cook a certain chicken recipe with 1/2cup of beer, so she'll be well catered for... for the next decade or so!  

Off-Flavor: Phenolic | Craft Beer & Brewing

• Sad 8

1 hour ago, BlackSands said:

Sour milk clipart 20 free Cliparts | Download images on Clipground 2022

Band-aid Beer!   I knew something was off when this Kveik fermentation took much longer than the usual 1.5 - 2 days.  In fact it took around 5-6 days to complete at 35ºC.    I haven't had a phenolic brew like this for years... past experience tells me time won't fix it either.  My wife likes to regularly cook a certain chicken recipe with 1/2cup of beer, so she'll be well catered for... for the next decade or so!  

Off-Flavor: Phenolic | Craft Beer & Brewing

I remember that last one, caused quite a discussion 

• Like 4

Sneak taste of the IPA, this is the one that I added a late steep of 60gms of Galaxy & it is alive with hoppiness, it's fruity with a nice bitterness but still a bit green, in a few more days it will develop & have better head retention. Pretty happy with this one.

20230328_150949.thumb.jpg.8f565e3f759603fa72162b2ab94a8d68.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 11

On 3/27/2023 at 1:59 PM, BlackSands said:

I might be wrong.  Just sampled this one again and it does seem to have improved a fair bit.  Still a hint of "band-aid" there but will be interesting to see if that fades away completely with more time.  Or... I could just solve the problem here and now and just call it a Saison!  😁

Edited by BlackSands
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BlackSands said:

I might be wrong.  Just sampled this one again and it does seem to have improved a fair bit.  Still a hint of "band-aid" there but will be interesting to see if that fades away completely with more time.  Or... I could just solve the problem here and now and just call it a Saison!  😁

Hope it turns out for you BS, sounds like you have it sussed.

• Like 2

Day 4 of my IPA in the keg, after adjusting the psi for a couple of days it is almost perfect, I tried one yesterday & posted stating it was a bit green but the extra 24 hours has made it wow, absolutely stunning, this is made to drink now - bugger trying to age it.

It is the best IPA I have ever made. 

20230329_155139.thumb.jpg.2cafaadc90a137c58b00e0305430e7be.jpg

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hope it turns out for you BS, sounds like you have it sussed.

Another observation I've made over the years...  is how quickly we normalise things.  The fist sip, hints of 'band-aid'.  By the time I get to the bottom of the glass however...  hmmm.... not too bad... not too bad...  🤪   

• Haha 5