Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

Well seeing as I am trying to make something like this,  I thought I should try one!

Wow it’s nice! Initially you thinks it’s too rich but the sourness balances it out! It’s like sour patch lollies you just want more the more you drink! This is so dangerous!

Wish I had bought another one or two!

C7A99B98-3C9E-43A6-B5E1-02DD056AB468.jpeg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Well seeing as I am trying to make something like this,  I thought I should try one!

Wow it’s nice! Initially you thinks it’s too rich but the sourness balances it out! It’s like sour patch lollies you just want more the more you drink! This is so dangerous!

Whoops it’s so good I posted it in the wrong thread!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RDT2 said:

That one is a beauty, I treated myself at Christmas to a few. Lovely brew 👍

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tone boy said:

It’s a lager if you follow Coopers recipe 

• After 24hrs, allow the brew temperature to gradually draw down to as close to 13C as possible.
  • Ha,ha, forgot about this bit. Must have been lucky as at time of brewing I didn't have temperature control. Luckily I brewed it in August and my little beer dungeon would have been around this temperature.
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, iBooz2 said:
On 3/12/2023 at 3:49 PM, Mickep said:

My first AG in the glass. Only day 2 in the keg but tastes magnificent. Needs a bit of time to clear up. 

Expand  

Glad you are enjoying it @Mickep, so together we broke your curse huh!  I hope you saved a soup ladle scoop of the trub for your next AG batch of COPA.  Are you going to give your old man a taste?

If left in the keg for 4 weeks it will be a clear as a lager but you don't want that because by then the PoR has faded.  This beer IMO peaks at 3 weeks in the keg, still nice afterwards but best in the 2 - 3 week area.  Well done bloke, I hope you are proud of yourself and also hope that I have not created an AG monster ha ha.

Yes all 3 brews this time round  including the AG were all good. Phew! I think I've saved more than a soup ladle of trub though. 😂

"If left in the keg for 4 weeks.........."  You make me laugh Al 😂

I've dropped 3 bottles off to Dad, along with some of the Voss Kveik Coopers extract PA and the KL FWK True Blue Bitter with the POR dry hop...he should be good for a few weeks.

Thanks for all your help mate - couldn't have got it done without ya - Cheers!

333764659_1239677596940789_7587430602029366406_n.jpg

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:
  • After 24hrs, allow the brew temperature to gradually draw down to as close to 13C as possible.
  • Ha,ha, forgot about this bit. Must have been lucky as at time of brewing I didn't have temperature control. Luckily I brewed it in August and my little beer dungeon would have been around this temperature.

How are you storing them, Fritz? Just at ambient in the beer dungeon or are they refrigerated?

• Like 1

Back on the Hefeweizen. I know it’s a school night, but today marks the start of a week and a half leave for me. Heading out to south Oz to watch a friend race his car on a salt lake. Should be good. 
cheers all

73C9EDDB-20D2-4AD7-A835-67E49739AC60.jpeg

Edited by Tone boy
  • Like 8

I love Red hoppy ales and always have one if there is one on the menu and this one is no exception. At 35 IBUs I think I might have some room to add some more hops late and early and maybe some rye but this is really nicely balanced, so easy to drink!

75496BA4-BBB7-41B0-A508-ACB120466B81.jpeg

• Like 12

10 hours ago, RDT2 said:

I love Red hoppy ales and always have one if there is one on the menu and this one is no exception. At 35 IBUs I think I might have some room to add some more hops late and early and maybe some rye but this is really nicely balanced, so easy to drink!

I'm a fan of reds, too. What is this one?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Back on the Hefeweizen. I know it’s a school night, but today marks the start of a week and a half leave for me. Heading out to south Oz to watch a friend race his car on a salt lake. Should be good. 
cheers all

73C9EDDB-20D2-4AD7-A835-67E49739AC60.jpeg

Looks good Toner, really nice. As you know mine went south....I might have another crack at this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Looks fantastic mate.

• Thanks 1

Well here is my AG keg of Pacific Ale (essentially a Stone & Wood Clone)I bought from the LHBS, already brewed and carbonated.

‘Original version on the right, LHBSon the left.

‘Colour wise pretty close, the LHBS a touch darker.

‘Taste wise, LHBS is much more bitter and a more hoppier aftertaste.

Not bad on a stinker of a day in SE Qld. 
Pool time I think, oh and beer o clock too. 

39DB3687-747C-4207-88EF-FF563448070F.jpeg

Edited by Red devil 44
  • Like 9