Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

2 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

Could be a good sipper for the dungeon over the dark months Stick man 👍👍

it'll be lucky to make it to the start of footy season toner, i'm really liking this one. the overnight steep of the chocolate malt the night before rather than a mini mash is a big plus too.

• Like 3

First pour Zappa Pale Ale. Very interesting beer this one. The Web says "Zappa™ is described as having unique spiciness, coupled with full on mango, backed by a sharp citrus, delightful savory and strong deciduous pine characteristics."

I get a touch of mango. No real citrus. No real pine and a tonne of spiciness. Like im talking saison type spiciness. I think 8 out of 10 people wouldn't like this beer. 1 wouldn't mind it and 1 would like it. I'm in the wouldn't mind it position. Zappa is definitely unique. Like no hop I have tasted. I wouldn't use it in a single hop beer again. But I think it would go awesome in a smaller quantity in a big IPA to add some complexity. My next centennial IPA I will get some and add it in smaller quantities in the whirlpool and dry hop stage. 

20230309_202802.jpg

• Like 12

First try of my fruit salad ale. Unfortunately very disappointing, bitterness from the hop steep is there, but not much else in the way of aroma or flavour, pretty much flat also. I’m not sure if this is due to the cap not seating properly perhaps. Will have to try a few more and think about it. Hopefully some of them are alright. If I find a good one I will post a new photo and description!

It’s very clear at least!

D82D1C4D-29A8-42B5-BA72-61B6EB3EE3A7.jpeg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

Flat beer with no head? Dunno maybe @NBillett09 drew a sample from a fermenter although it looks too clear to be that.

photos can be deceiving though and glasses also. I'm currently drinking a pale lager with good carbonation and a head thst lasts. Although it does not stain the glass or look over carbed. 

But yes it does look a bit flat I'm sure he is happy with his creation whatever it is.

48 minutes ago, NBillett09 said:

Oh, I can see it in the post. Usually works fine, don’t know why you can’t see it. Maybe close the app/browser and open again?

I am not sure how you are doing it, but I think your text colour is white.  So when I view your posts on a desktop computer, with a white screen, I see nothing.

image.png.0a6372c69356042c5be4caf8bd227859.png

However, when I highlight your post with a click and drag of the mouse, I can see the text.

image.png.8d30bd506520b351b613048979e0e849.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I am not sure how you are doing it, but I think your text colour is white.  So when I view your posts on a desktop computer, with a white screen, I see nothing.

However, when I highlight your post with a click and drag of the mouse, I can see the text.

Great pick up SOS i was not sure what Was going on. Just thought he had too many 🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NBillett09 said:

First try of my fruit salad ale. Unfortunately very disappointing, bitterness from the hop steep is there, but not much else in the way of aroma or flavour, pretty much flat also. I’m not sure if this is due to the cap not seating properly perhaps. Will have to try a few more and think about it. Hopefully some of them are alright. If I find a good one I will post a new photo and description!

It’s very clear at least!

D82D1C4D-29A8-42B5-BA72-61B6EB3EE3A7.jpeg

Let’s try this again.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I think Shamus is right, I also noticed it but forgot to comment.