Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

COOPERS BOOTMAKER PALE ALE

This is day 4 in the keg, I experimented this time I gave it 3 days at serving temperature - 10-12psi & last night whacked it up to 40psi overnight, this is the first pour, fairly nicely carbed although time will bring out more flavour.

The addition of 200gm Carapils & extra 1gm of LDM have given a good bit of body, the 50gms POR last 3 days are not that evident but I am sure they will come through.

20230301_145930.thumb.jpg.41027ace1f8d5a406e73e73b40016729.jpg

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This is day 4 in the keg, I experimented this time I gave it 3 days at serving temperature - 10-12psi & last night whacked it up to 40psi overnight, this is the first pour, fairly nicely carbed although time will bring out more flavour.

The addition of 200gm Carapils & extra 1gm of LDM have given a good bit of body, the 50gms POR last 3 days are not that evident but I am sure they will come through.

Getting the hang of this kegging caper @Classic Brewing Co 😁

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Getting the hang of this kegging caper @Classic Brewing Co 😁

Yes mate, it is awesome, I really don't know why I didn't start it earlier, apart from bottling really sucks, the beer carbonates far better than whacking sugar in a bottle & the nice firm head is nice.

The main thing is the experience of not only having you own beer on tap, but you are also drinking it in 3-4 days with little or no green taste.

It really doesn't cost that much to set up a kegging system 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes mate, it is awesome, I really don't know why I didn't start it earlier, apart from bottling really sucks, the beer carbonates far better than whacking sugar in a bottle & the nice firm head is nice.

The main thing is the experience of not only having you own beer on tap, but you are also drinking it in 3-4 days with little or no green taste.

It really doesn't cost that much to set up a kegging system 🤣🤣🤣

I so much remember when you were very reluctant to go there, now look at ya, kicking kegging goals and allgraining.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pale Man said:

I so much remember when you were very reluctant to go there, now look at ya, kicking kegging goals and allgraining.

Yeah, I remember, I must admit I was happy with my beer then but I really couldn't have taken my journey any further until now.

About time you called in for a beverage or nine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This is mouthwatering to look at! *homer Simpson drool face*

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just realised I said 1gm of LDM - I meant 1kg. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

Haha I think the dirty old phone lens might need a clean! Old Doris Lolz!

My digitally illiterate neighbour came over with his phone & said how do get rid of this message "clean your phone lenses" & I said clean them, he said how?  I gave him a soft cloth & just said carefully wipe them with this.

So, he wiped the phone screen 🙄

• Haha 4

Eh?  What's up with the colour?   My second kit brew this year: OS Draught, LME and Taiheke Hops.   While it's been years since I used a Coopers Draught can and I certainly don't remember it being anywhere near this dark?   Tastes OK, no head to speak of though...  🙄

TahekeDraught_Mar2023-1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

Eh?  What's up with the colour?   My second kit brew this year: OS Draught, LME and Taiheke Hops.   While it's been years since I used a Coopers Draught can and I certainly don't remember it being anywhere near this dark?   Tastes OK, no head to speak of though...  🙄

Yeah thats a copper colour even allowing for light. Coopers Draught can is much lighter colour. Strange.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

Its not out of date fella?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Its not out of date fella?

I did wonder if I'd picked-up and old can but I didn't actually check the date.  It was purchased from a supermarket, where they usually have a fairly high turn-over so I know their tins are usually well within expiry so I tend not to worry about it.   But, I could be wrong on this occasion!  Anyway, at the end of the day.... it's still beer!  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

Anyway, at the end of the day.... it's still beer!  

Thats it, looks are secondary. Beer taste first.

I did a Coopers Draught can not so long ago with a partial mash, it was definitely darker than the Lager or Pale ale can.

But not as dark as your photo. I'd like to see it in natural light, but anyway.

• Like 3