Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

@Malter White did you add any flavour hops? It's probably the only way it will taste half decent.

@beach_life we have already been through this with coopers malter started a whole thread.  They were tagged in and gave one short scripted response. 

Apparently it's for brewers who don't have propper temp control. It now contains the same half Ale half Lager yeast the APA has.

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg

1 hour ago, Malter White said:

No. The European lager was fine without hops added when it had lager yeast. The green neck lager recipe was great. That's no longer the case.

Yes I only ever made it once without hop flavour and thought it was nice with aging.  They definitely screwed this one as you said there was already the OS Lager with ale yeast nothing but corporate spin.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@beach_life we have already been through this with coopers malter started a whole thread.  They were tagged in and gave one short scripted response. 

All good but perhaps some feedback may be taken on board?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Malter White said:

Considering this is in a glass I've been drinking from all day and it's bottled beer the clarity and head are quite good. That's where the good ends.

This is Coopers European lager which now has the "new and improved" ALE yeast included. Tastes like a coriander and dog turd smoothie. Thanks for nothin', Coopers.

IMG_20230305_181751.jpg

You're not a happy little boy with Coopers are ya 🤣

Get into All Grain ol chop you control exactly what beer you want.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Still not a fully real a/b test as I had them some hours apart, but the closest I came so far. Coopers Vintage Ale ‘22. Both bottles around 6 month old and both stored in the same spot. Both beers are highly enjoyable. My brew is much darker and a bit rougher around the edges. The original is sooo smooth and the mouthfeel so much creamier and fuller. Have two more originals and four homebrews left. I will try to keep them for another month.

B5E4BC0D-B0CE-4CCE-8FE1-7BCB122AD1B5.jpeg

1A872B05-02F3-41F2-A8A1-3A92AF3D142D.jpeg

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, beach_life said:

What is it?

Weyerman Pilsner. A touch of Weyerman Wheat and a Saaz hop schedule. Lallemand IPA yeast. I reckon this would be even better lagered or soured? It's really zingy and crispy with a good maltiness.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Still not a fully real a/b test as I had them some hours apart, but the closest I came so far. Coopers Vintage Ale ‘22. Both bottles around 6 month old and both stored in the same spot. Both beers are highly enjoyable. My brew is much darker and a bit rougher around the edges. The original is sooo smooth and the mouthfeel so much creamier and fuller. Have two more originals and four homebrews left. I will try to keep them for another month.

B5E4BC0D-B0CE-4CCE-8FE1-7BCB122AD1B5.jpeg

1A872B05-02F3-41F2-A8A1-3A92AF3D142D.jpeg

I did a couple of the Vintages years ago and found the same. Mine were rough around the edges. 

I'd love a recipe for an all grain version of a Coopers Vintage. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, beach_life said:

Saison Session Ale

Added 100g Galaxy for a dry hop when I cold conditioned the beer. It's amazing. Very very fruity with some good solide bitterness

PXL_20230306_054211257.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.458c264592fb364b53063b5093c803d5.jpg

Looks cold where you are Beachy. 🏝️ 

I do all my dry hops these days at ramp down to 2 degrees CC, Throw it in when its close to or bang on 2. I had a couple of shockers earlier with hop burn or whatever (with larger quantity of hops)  - adding the hops in at a few degrees off FG. Changed to this colder method and well pleased with the results....maybe not for everyone but works for me.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Try it AK, it’s a winner. Plenty of research has been done on this, great advantages.

Yes Toner @Tone boy, that's true and it's suggested that most of the flavoursome aromatic goodness that we home brewers are after is imparted in the first 12 hours or so. I know this now thanks to your research of the research. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1