Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

Plain old Coopers Lager. Original brew from the kit. After a couple months it has certainly become quite a good brew for the cheap as chips price! Coopers Lager 1.8kg + Brew Enhancer 2. Also cleared rather well just from time (this haze is the glass condensation). Ambient temp fermentation.

Next time round I’ll probably try the lager extract with light liquid malt and a lager yeast and actually ferment it at 12 or so. Maybe some light dry malt also?

47AEEB36-A4E7-4F62-994C-3BC465B08223.jpeg

• Like 9

A similar side-by-side taste-test tonight, to the one a few nights ago.

Coopers Original Pale Ale versus Shamus' (Coopers) Original Pale Ale.

My COPA

• Ever so slightly fruitier citrus aroma. It does seem to dissipate. A bit less carbonation
  • Similar flavour, combined with a smooth maltiness and balanced bitterness. Seems to have more mouthfeel

Commercial COPA

• Similar citrus fruity aromas, but tempered by more slightly banana-ery yeast aroma. Overall a more lingering aroma.
  • Flavour also matches its aroma. Just a tad more bitter and it lingers. Maybe pH is a bit lower, adding a note of extra bite.

IMG_3623.JPG.326668845f674cfa31026d2e82ff26d1.JPG

• Like 10

Another side-by-side taste-test.

Coopers Sparkling Ale versus Shamus' (Coopers) Sparkling Ale.  I say Shamus', but it is largely based on @iBooz2's recipe.

Commercial CSA

• Ever so slightly maltier aroma, otherwise they are very close.
  • Slightly smoother drinking.
  • I think they extra suspended yeast in the commercial CSA balances the bitterness somewhat

Shamus' CSA

• Has a more subtle aroma than the commercial version.
  • Malty and bitter flavour. More bitter than the commercial version.

IMG_3632.JPG.07a451f90157fc4da9423c57f8fec7a1.JPG

• Like 11

16 month old and still going strong. ROTM Mr. Sinister Ale. Made with Morgan’s Dark Ale and Chocolate Malt it’s as good as the original recipe I made as well. With 7.8% just not as strong but a nice night cap, it definitely puts you to sleep.😂😂😂😂. Brew it now and let it condition till the colder month and enjoy it at room temperature. 

644B09F9-E92C-480A-91A0-3F6151BB32F3.jpeg

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

16 month old and still going strong. ROTM Mr. Sinister Ale. Made with Morgan’s Dark Ale and Chocolate Malt it’s as good as the original recipe I made as well. With 7.8% just not as strong but a nice night cap, it definitely puts you to sleep.😂😂😂😂. Brew it now and let it condition till the colder month and enjoy it at room temperature. 

644B09F9-E92C-480A-91A0-3F6151BB32F3.jpeg

Good stuff for a good night's sleep 🛏️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1