Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

The Aussie flag in the background just tops it off. We truly are a free and beautiful country.

13 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Just another Coopers Pale Ale

on a Glorious afternoon

What can I say, Just drink It

IMG_20230322_160031.thumb.jpg.0a0a96aeda90dcf3b105f4a5b94ee017.jpg

The Aussie flag in the background just tops the shot of fella. We truly are a lucky and free country.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

The Aussie flag in the background just tops it off. We truly are a free and beautiful country.

The Aussie flag in the background just tops the shot of fella. We truly are a lucky and free country.

I'm lucky, live in a top spot, in a great Country.

And make a few Brews that I'm very happy with!

I'm happy to Fly the Flag..

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This keg of Pale Ale refuses to empty, probably because I have an IPA ready to keg, any other time it would blow without notice.

Yep, I know that problem. I need room in the lager keezer very shortly and am trying really hard to empty a keg that should have blown long ago but seems like a never-ending packet of TimTams. Once I have this out of the Kegerator, one of the finished lager kegs can go in and I have the space I need. But no, the bugger keeps going and going and going. 🙂 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Yep, I know that problem. I need room in the lager keezer very shortly and am trying really hard to empty a keg that should have blown long ago but seems like a never-ending packet of TimTams. Once I have this out of the Kegerator, one of the finished lager kegs can go in and I have the space I need. But no, the bugger keeps going and going and going. 🙂 

Glad to see I am not the only one with this problem, I could get really stuck into it & try but if I invited a neighbour for a drink to help, the damn thing would blow. I am having a stout ATM so I will try again tomorrow night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Front of frame is a KL FWK True Blue Bitter ale, and in the background a Coopers extract Pale ale - which has rounded out nicely now. Sorry @ozdevil Ozzie mate, tides still out. 🤣

Interestingly I didn't add finings (gelatine) to these brews, and they're not as clear as previous brews where I'd done so.

334871124_749907646804124_7496948955813356007_n.jpg

Edited by Tricky Micky
  • Like 9

The specialty malt lager experiment again. 4 weeks in the keg and it has now mellowed out a fair bit. The in-your-face hop bitterness to start with is gone, only a bitter aftertaste remains. The colour is quite nice and it has cleared up beautifully. It'll go into the kegerator as soon as there is room.

IMG_8383.thumb.JPG.677e9630265c18a5480782265aac18e3.JPG

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Aussiekrautlooks nice where is it stored? spare fridge and pour with a pluto gun?

It's kept in the lager keezer and poured with a pluto gun as suspected 🙂 I have this little chest freezer with room for 2 kegs and a small gas bottle I use for lagering 🙂 

• Like 4

Hibiscus Kolsch, Recipe of the Month from January 2023.

Sweet berry fruity aroma and flavour.  Slight tartness in the taste.  A little wine-like.  Nice enough, but I doubt I would make it again.

IMG_3654.JPG.e3e1a0416dc50f5079f7dea3d74f5fe3.JPG

The froth has a slight pink tint to it.  Not sure if you can pick it up in the photo.

IMG_3655.JPG.46812323341d535005939b86c2ae761c.JPG

Edited by Shamus O'Sean
  • Like 9

22 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

Front of frame is a KL FWK True Blue Bitter ale, and in the background a Coopers extract Pale ale - which has rounded out nicely now. Sorry @ozdevil Ozzie mate, tides still out. 🤣

Interestingly I didn't add finings (gelatine) to these brews, and they're not as clear as previous brews where I'd done so.

334871124_749907646804124_7496948955813356007_n.jpg

not all beers need to be clear    Al's copa ,  yeah the tide is well and truly out lol,  being a replica off a pale ale from coopers   doesn't if you look at the original coopers   its not really clear  beer   itself

interesting there is not much difference in colouration between  al's copa recipe and kl bitter     but i could go a glass or 2 of these little bueaties

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

interesting there is not much difference in colouration between  al's copa recipe and kl bitter 

The PA is an extract recipe Oz. I think the Frosted glass it's in probably also contributes to the perceived color a bit as well.

This is my Belgian Dubbel, suitably named Manneken Pis 😀 It started off as a worry, improved significantly over time and now, 4 months in the keg, it is pretty bloody good. There just isn’t much left in the keg. I love the lacing on the glass. Head retention is rather good too. Very nice 😀 

8E079AFF-96F9-4F4B-84A6-6692B4511909.thumb.jpeg.9c82e37aff083b72a43894311b464f95.jpeg

• Like 11

Kaiju Krush - Side-by-side taste test.

Commercial version

• Strong pineapple aroma
  • Malty flavour with tropical notes
  • Nice sharp bitterness

Mine

• Much more subtle aroma (although this is the last bottle, just over two months after bottling), seems more citrus than pineapple
  • Quite similar flavour, but smoother bitterness
  • Hazy, whereas the commercial is clear

I only dry hopped mine for two days.  Maybe I could have done it for longer for more aroma.

Both are really nice beers.  Not identical, but the HB version is a good tribute to the original. 

IMG_3660.JPG.68db8a476b95ecd6d3f5fd9ff139f88f.JPG

• Like 11

Beer time! This is the last bottle of Bootmaker Pale Ale from the last batch, the keg blew yesterday & I can still taste the hops, this had 50gms of POR 4 days before kegging, although I only got about 3 litres to bottle left over from the 19l Corny, this is the only time I like about bottling.

I definitely would not attempt to store this type of brew any longer, complete waste of time if you like a zingy hop presence.

I know a lot of you dry hop but it's a bit tricky nearing the end of the bottling process with clogging up the bottling wand. AG of course is a different matter.

Thats why I don't dry hop any k & k brews anymore.

20230326_140005.thumb.jpg.0fe6646029a11c6d4b987bd8688f29ff.jpg

• Like 5