Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2023?

Aussiekraut

34 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Dont know any of them bar Big Shed. Dont disagree with the vote but their are some cracking brewerys in South Aus. The Woolshed at Renmark is a cracking little spot.

I agree, they are tied up with the Overland Corner Hotel & they have their beer on tap as well as takeaway. It is great beer.

http://www.overlandcornerhotel.com.au/

May be an image of drink

• Like 3

After all of the mucking around with the keg of over gassed IPA - now flat, I had to open one of the bottles to get a drink. I will leave it for a few more days before tying it again.

This 500ml Hefe' bottle is the same brew & it is very nice, a bit sweeter than the keg version but that would be the sugar, I much prefer beer out of the keg than I do bottles.

20230408_145058.thumb.jpg.d7bdffe955e64e13a73339658c2ec561.jpg

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Pints said:

Sainter! Is this now? 😂

Hey Pints, I assume you’re referring to the time zone… no, that was yesterday evening but I posted this morning.

I normally wait for six bells - the evening one ideally, at least when SWMBO’s around…🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/6/2023 at 8:37 PM, Hoppy81 said:

Well well. I've been punching out this Lager for about 2 years, probably brewed it 100 times as it's one I sell. I've been using Lallemand Diamond and another commercial yeast for most of that time with normally roughly a 16 day ferment with around 4 temp steps, I use to lager for about 2 months but lately they have not even been getting 1 month as the cafes absolutely smash through the kegs. 

This brew I used NovaLager for the first time, this ferment took 10 days including the cold crash, it's only been kegged for 4 days with a 2 day force carb and I cannot believe that I can't taste any difference from the original. Obviously it will get clearer over the next week or so but I'm wrapped with this yeast and the time it has free'd up.

Just thought I'd share with you all, cheers.

20230406_194820.jpg

20230406_194826.jpg

I concur, fast fermenting, I put down a light lager over the yeast cake and it was done in under 3 days. I then raised the temp for a couple of days then left it cold crashing for a week before kegging it. Tastes clean and delicious!

Out of 3 brews, I'm getting high attenuation, 87%,89%,88%. I have just put down a Coopers APA withh BE2 with it to see how it performs. If that gets below 1.010 I will be impressed. Amazing results so far!

graph.thumb.jpg.0d62c9514dac43f038b4e110d43969b4.jpg

Edited by Cheap Charlie
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, stquinto said:

Hey Pints, I assume you’re referring to the time zone… no, that was yesterday evening but I posted this morning.

I normally wait for six bells - the evening one ideally, at least when SWMBO’s around…🤣

Six bells - that's a bit late Sainter - although I understand the need to impress the one who has to be obeyed. You sly dog. 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cheap Charlie said:

I concur, fast fermenting, I put down a light lager over the yeast cake and it was done in under 3 days. I then raised the temp for a couple of days then left it cold crashing for a week before kegging it. Tastes clean and delicious!

Out of 3 brews, I'm getting high attenuation, 87%,89%,88%. I have just put down a Coopers APA withh BE2 with it to see how it performs. If that gets below 1.010 I will be impressed. Amazing results so far!

graph.thumb.jpg.0d62c9514dac43f038b4e110d43969b4.jpg

Yeah its a beast of a yeast and so clean, the gravity on both batches I've done dropped 3-4 points lower than the other yeasts too so I'll have to account for that next week when another 110L goes down, I'm definitely a fan boy of Novalager haha

• Like 3

14 hours ago, stquinto said:

That looks amazing! Strong Belgian Blond? 

Not sure mate I just called it a pale and it’s about 5.1% was meant to be 4.8% but the yeast attenuated a little further than predicted. Made it for my dad based on a beer at a brewery he liked!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

finally got my IPA back on track, it is pouring nicely now, thank goodness. A little bit of mucking about & patience paid off.

From now on I will err on the side of caution before cranking up the psi.

Nice one Phil.  Patience will prevail. Although that depends on how thirsty you are 😅

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Not sure mate I just called it a pale and it’s about 5.1% was meant to be 4.8% but the yeast attenuated a little further than predicted. Made it for my dad based on a beer at a brewery he liked!

That sounds good mate.  Dunno if you get it where you are, but Duvel make a lighter version of their strong blond :

https://www.duvel.com/en/the-beer/duvel-666

Where I am it costs more than the normal Duvel, so I stick to that. But it's pretty nice.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2023 at 8:41 PM, Hilltop hops said:

20L of good quality beer for approx $60. With the cost of living going up I need to keep brewing regularly. 

@Hilltop hops , get onto the COPA's HH with a sack of CPPM and harvesting some CCA yeast you can make these for less than $1 per L.  Great beer for a great price.  At $60 way to exey for me, yeah I know time saving but still.

• Like 3

On 4/8/2023 at 1:56 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Anyone disagree with this?

Yep me.  Bright Brewery is by far a better venue than Bridge Road Brewery.  It actually has a nicer outlook / view, a bigger more open beer garden area so hands down better IMO.

• Like 1

Relaxing after the domestic drearies.. Coopers APA after 3 months. Note the recycled coopers cap, not being super tight rsed, just seeing whether it could be done, and it works! 😂

Very drinkable btw 👍🏻

IMG_0114.thumb.JPG.83b618aba51c4c5db53c8c07bf17ecf3.JPG

..actually 5 months in the bottle, done in oct 22 😎

Edited by Cheap Charlie
  • Like 12

This is my Mangrove Jacks Orange & Cinnamon WIt from the keg.

‘First impressions are Orangey yes, but then at the back you can taste the Cinnamon, so they are spot on with this one. 
‘Certainly smell the Cinnamon when pouring. 
‘Easy to brew, left to ferment for nearly 3 weeks before kegging. 

‘This is up there with the best MJ kits I have done for a while, refreshing, fresh, nice beer this. 
I would rate this an 8/10. 

40C76592-CB31-47C5-96DC-9446E14926C1.jpeg

• Like 9