Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

22 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I love woodruff, thought no one would know it here. I grew up with this stuff

Yep, it was called Waldmeister and was used in sherbet, cordial, ice cream and of course a Berliner Weisse 🙂 

• Like 4

First of all an apology to all lagering enthusiasts, I couldn’t wait, Emu Export clone kegged on Saturday, clarity is amazing and the beer tastes bloody nice IMO. Has the emu export after taste and flavour but tasted really fresh and more flavourful I reckon. It’s a little light in colour but that’s easily fixed. Really 😃 A good old fashioned Australian Lager cheers 🍻 

059413B7-7CE4-46AA-BF41-5483D71C4E76.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 12

29 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

First of all an apology to all lagering enthusiasts, I couldn’t wait, Emu Export clone kegged on Saturday, clarity is amazing and the beer tastes bloody nice IMO. Has the emu export after taste and flavour but tasted really fresh and more flavourful I reckon. It’s a little light in colour but that’s easily fixed. Really 😃 A good old fashioned Australian Lager cheers 🍻 

For a lager that's only been in the keg for a week, the clarity is pretty good. There is nice lacing and fine bubbles in the head. Looking good. And hey, I don't have the patience either 🙂 

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/2/2022 at 7:29 AM, stquinto said:

Looks good, must admit I’m not much of a cocktail kind of a bloke unless it’s a Vesper Martini: problem is one’s not enough and two’s too many… 

Easier to deal with beer

Back lit by the light of the laptop!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Just shy of 2 weeks old but had to try. Mr beer NW pale ale with mosiac boil and dry hop. Very tasty indeed

IMG_20220303_160109.jpg

Yeah, Pinters, agree some of the Pales are really tasty at about 2 weeks (In the bottle) I find this especially so with a pale which has been dry hopped at around day 4 or 5. They're great for tiding you over while you make other brews which need more maturing.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RDT2 said:

That looks damn awesome mate - well done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Yeah, Pinters, agree some of the Pales are really tasty at about 2 weeks (In the bottle) I find this especially so with a pale which has been dry hopped at around day 4 or 5. They're great for tiding you over while you make other brews which need more maturing.

I have to second that, I am doing exactly that, I am drinking a Pale Ale 2 weeks old, beautiful, obviously it improves over time but by then they are gone 😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Mickep said:

Exactly my ideas Micks cheers

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Just shy of 2 weeks old but had to try. Mr beer NW pale ale with mosiac boil and dry hop. Very tasty indeed

Mr Beer North West Pale Ale is one of my favourite beers, it comes nicely pre-hopped but I have added a couple of different varieties at times, I have only ever brewed it in the small Craft Kit up to 11 litres. I will do it again.

• Like 4

I present to you my Kentucky Common.  This was grain last Saturday and is drinkable in a keg today.  Naturally carbonated from pressure fermentation and fermented with M54 Californian lager at 22c which is 2c above the top of the optimum range for the yeast.  The wort was first wort hopped (FWH) for the bittering addition and flavour addition done at 20 minutes with Cluster.   The ferment was over in 5 days & CC at 0.8C for 2 days.   I would normally leave longer but a keg became available.  

This is a very smooth drinking beer.  Good malt nose. The 20% corn makes it very crushable.  If you want to do something a tad different give this a go you will not be disappointed.  

OG: 1040

FG: 1012

IBU: 23

EBC: 30

BU:GU 0.57

ABV 3.7%

The recipe is here:

KC.jpg

KC2.jpg

• Like 9

Hey guys, been a while.

Drinking my house ale which has finally been nailed. Cloudy, low ABV and hoppy.

Didn't chill this one quick enough, so it's a touch more bitter then it should be and not as flavour forward.

Still a great beer to enjoy

20220304_184706.jpg

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Marty_G said:

I present to you my Kentucky Common.  This was grain last Saturday and is drinkable in a keg today.  Naturally carbonated from pressure fermentation and fermented with M54 Californian lager at 22c which is 2c above the top of the optimum range for the yeast.  The wort was first wort hopped (FWH) for the bittering addition and flavour addition done at 20 minutes with Cluster.   The ferment was over in 5 days & CC at 0.8C for 2 days.   I would normally leave longer but a keg became available.  

This is a very smooth drinking beer.  Good malt nose. The 20% corn makes it very crushable.  If you want to do something a tad different give this a go you will not be disappointed.  

OG: 1040

FG: 1012

IBU: 23

EBC: 30

BU:GU 0.57

ABV 3.7%

The recipe is here:

KC.jpg

KC2.jpg

Looks awesome Marty. 👍

• Like 1

Right everyone can go fluff themselves. I brewed a Lager not that long ago. Cheers to Ben for a heaps up on some yeast. This one didn’t make me feel sick which is good. 
Shocking I know. And to be honest it was quite tasty. 
NZ pils. Riwaka, Motueka and Nelson. 
5% bitter as Fark and hoppy as Fark. 

should have fined it with some biofine but couldn’t be bothered. 

F157CE07-D8F8-4CAD-946C-E81DCFB86AA6.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Right everyone can go fluff themselves. I brewed a Lager not that long ago. Cheers to Ben for a heaps up on some yeast. This one didn’t make me feel sick which is good. 

Looks amaze-balls, Captain.  Good to hear from you.

The beer seems like a new world type of lager.  Hoppy but crisp.  What yeast did you use?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Looks amaze-balls, Captain.  Good to hear from you.

The beer seems like a new world type of lager.  Hoppy but crisp.  What yeast did you use?

On advice from our good friend Ben, MJ54.

it clearly doesn’t have the same sulphur producing properties as other yeasts as I never got sick from this type. Pretty much tastes like an ale though

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

Last photo from on top of my piano. Unfortunately lost that in the divorce. Oh well better buy another one

• Sad 5

On 3/3/2022 at 5:58 PM, RDT2 said:

On the to do list

• Like 1