Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

14 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well it looks OK, nice colour but lacking a head, ah well back to the drawing board. 😀 As long as it taste's nice.

it does taste nice ,  i will have this on tap for a few weeks   to come as its for a golfers  when they come for a visit soon
and they wont care about the head as long as it tastes good to them

I should have other beers available by then   that will have better head and retention

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Anyone past Richmond Road is a Northerner. ↖️

Having said that Muzzy, there is nothing wrong with the NE suburbs, my first landing in Adelaide about 1968 was Magill followed by Hectorville just of St Barny's but then I saw the light & moved to the Bay area, been there ever since. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

it does taste nice ,  i will have this on tap for a few weeks   to come as its for a golfers  when they come for a visit soon
and they wont care about the head as long as it tastes good to them

I should have other beers available by then   that will have better head and retention

Well you better get to work OD so you can present your guests with a nice 2 finger head of foam on the glass, we expect to see photos 😋

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Not what I’m drinking but my brother, he’s on holiday in Adelaide and sent me this from the Glenelg Surf Club today. 

South Coast Pale Ale, he sent it to me to post on the forum so why not I say. 
@MUZZY@Classic Brewing Co, not sure of any other South Aussies on here, I’m sure there are, apologies. 

55AD1F93-0C58-47D5-ADA0-A326E936121A.png

Very nice drop. I have it on tap at my local. Very tasty.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Marty_G said:

@BlackSands that is not far off what some pay here.  Cost starts at about $10/100g and then goes up depending on the store.  Citra is expensive over here.  As a comparison we sell Galaxy for $10/100g or $75/kg and Citra $13.20/100g and $95/kg.  

Interesting.  I pay between $6 - $10 for most hops, both NZ and imported -  with just a handful of varieties like Riwaka, Citra, Moasic etc that are somewhat more expensive. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Recipe Sandman? Dry hop, or flameout, or…

cheers 🍻👍

A pretty simple 20 litre partial-mash recipe - maybe that's the trick?  Keep it relatively simple?  

20 litre batch.

• 1.5kg LME
  • 1kg GF American Ale Malt
  • 400g GF Redback Malt
  • 10g Pacific Jade @30mins
  • 25g Galaxy @10mins
  • 25g Galaxy @FO
  • Kveik Voss
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

A pretty simple 20 litre partial-mash recipe - maybe that's the trick?  Keep it relatively simple?  

20 litre batch.

• 1.5kg LME
  • 1kg GF American Ale Malt
  • 400g GF Redback Malt
  • 10g Pacific Jade @30mins
  • 25g Galaxy @10mins
  • 25g Galaxy @FO
  • Kveik Voss

Cheers mate. Do you chill straight after flameout or just let it cool down naturally? Generally I let it sit for 20 mins then into an ice bath before I strain it into the FV. 

Just on another matter I have an ESB fermenting at the moment and I’m going to try your gelatin fining method on this one for the first time. 
cheers Tone 👍

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BlackSands said:

Galaxy Pale Ale.  Galaxy hops have always been hard to get hold of here so I was quite excited when I finally, for the first time after all these years actually manged to get my hands on some.  It's THE most expensive hop I've ever purchased but for me galaxy is the best hop in the history of the hop universe that I've ever experienced!  😄   Just 50g added late to flavour up this beer and I gotta it's just great. Absolutely love it!    👍

GalaxyPA.jpg

Another great looking beer BS and another ripping pic too. 

• Like 2

Exchanged a beer with @Classic Brewing Co few weeks ago, tasted it late last week just as visitors arrived.

I can't describe beer as some of you do but this was the best brew I've tasted.

A wheat beer, full of flavour and such a pleasure to drink.

Shows how good a K&K can be.

Can't wait to see how good a @Classic Brewing Co All Grain will be.

Thanks Phil

(I have a lot to learn about brewing)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Cheers mate. Do you chill straight after flameout or just let it cool down naturally? Generally I let it sit for 20 mins then into an ice bath before I strain it into the FV. 

Just on another matter I have an ESB fermenting at the moment and I’m going to try your gelatin fining method on this one for the first time. 
cheers Tone 👍

Because I brew a concentrated wort (around 10 litres) my 'chill' only involves about 15 min in a tub of cold water.   That, AND because I use kveik voss yeast I only need to get the final temp down into the 30º - 40ºC range after I've added the 10 litres of top-up water.  In Winter the tap water is much colder so during those months I can pretty much get away with no 'chill' at all  -  10 litres of winter-time cold water is enough to bring the temp down into to a kevik-friendly range.   

Speaking of finings, I forgot to add whirlfloc to this brew!  I've had a suspicion for a while now, from past occasions where I forgot the kettle finings that it's not really needed. I think this pretty much confims it for me.  It seems a cold-crash plus gelatin (or other) is all that is needed for a nice clear beer!  🤓

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Exchanged a beer with @Classic Brewing Co few weeks ago, tasted it late last week just as visitors arrived.

I can't describe beer as some of you do but this was the best brew I've tasted.

A wheat beer, full of flavour and such a pleasure to drink.

Shows how good a K&K can be.

Can't wait to see how good a @Classic Brewing Co All Grain will be.

Thanks Phil

(I have a lot to learn about brewing)

Thanks for the kind words David, I am glad you enjoyed it ( before the visitors arrived 🤣)  I have to inform you it was an American Pale Ale, my Wheat Beer is bottled, it will be ready for a taste on Friday, well I hopes so because I am opening one anyway !!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Thanks for the kind words David, I am glad you enjoyed it ( before the visitors arrived 🤣)  I have to inform you it was an American Pale Ale, my Wheat Beer is bottled, it will be ready for a taste on Friday, well I hopes so because I am opening one anyway !!

Whoop's... Great Beer

I think we talked about the wheat beer you were making at the time, I got all confused.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2022 at 10:20 AM, The Captain!! said:

Of course you bought a motorbike. Be like those hairy biker lads on the food channel. ha ha ha

Bald, no beard and not really fat, just a little beer belly

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, ozdevil said:

well   my hop slam ipa that i just tapped soon as i got back from tassie
20220306_173656.thumb.jpg.a8c2260209270acd370afbc0b0615848.jpg

As an all grain brewer i dont try mant extract brews and i think this is the only 2nd extract i have done   and both extracts was recipes of the month..

what i have found is this one lacks head but i only have had 2 pours from the keg.  hope ever i found the bitterness very lacking in this ipa  but heck for an extract brew i do like 

mind you this extract wasnt done with the same ingredients  and was a replacement for 1 that went missing and used kveik yeast in this.

i managed to squeeze 5.2% out of this then the  target of 5.1%  not that will make alot of difference

kveik yeast was rather neutral in taste  

the hops was mosaic and  sequoia  which married up nice  together give a nice juicy taste

Clarity is not what i was expecting but rather hazy  i thought it would clear up nicely but  i only gave this 2 days cold crash normally i would do 5-7

well   i had a few of these today    

head and retention was there   and what a nice extract  this was .  i want more

@Classic Brewing Co didnt quite get the 2 finger but i have  tree trunk fingers  , but there was head and head retention 😂

anyway i have to keep this for a few weeks yet better get into some of my beer club beers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

well   i had a few of these today    

head and retention was there   and what a nice extract  this was .  i want more

@Classic Brewing Co didnt quite get the 2 finger but i have  tree trunk fingers  , but there was head and head retention 😂

anyway i have to keep this for a few weeks yet better get into some of my beer club beers

IMO a beer has to look like this & stay with you until the end - & then you pour another one - & then you ......

5530264_beer(1).jpg.5fa70c2215895e4f012f4eb32d9eaf61.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

IMO a beer has to look like this & stay with you until the end - & then you pour another one - & then you ......

This was one of the last KnKplus Brews I did a few years ago...  before the AG took off and better records were kept... I wonder whether it would have qualified in your stringent 'IMO Beer Looks Classification' @Classic Brewing Co Phil? 

Some sort of Weizenbok from vague memory and I think with WB06...   think that green pasture was the last bit of rain before the drought set in : ( with the later fires... and then Covid... and now we are growing webbed feet...  and it's green again but the cattle have changed colour 😆

image.thumb.png.5c3b5d73269672719c768fbbb43ca2d8.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

his was one of the last KnKplus Brews I did a few years ago...  before the AG took off and better records were kept... I wonder whether it would have qualified in your stringent 'IMO Beer Looks Classification' @Classic Brewing Co Phil? 

Some sort of Weizenbok from vague memory and I think with WB06...   think that green pasture was the last bit of rain before the drought set in : ( with the later fires... and then Covid... and now we are growing webbed feet...  and it's green again but the cattle have changed colour 😆

That's awesome IP, that landscape is so different compared to some of your latter photos, of course, not your fault just the changing climates & catastrophes beyond our control. The cattle look contented, are they fading & do the curtains still give milk 🤣

• Haha 2