Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

6 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Good point mate, didn’t think of that. The 5l kegs are quite handy, combined with a cornie they cover a 23l brew, and for me they fit on the keezer shelf. Might get a couple more

I have found even only 3/4 filling a keg it carbs faster. I also find 14 to 15 psi works for me. Carbing and serving is that your normal to carb and serve?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

Coopers APA AG clone, with a 4th generation Coopers commercial yeast. I put in some finings in the cold crash so I chose not to collect the trub. Unless you can?

Kegged on 22/01, a cornie and a 5l mini keg (this one). It’s only been on gas at 15 PSI for a day: the head isn’t great but it seems to have absorbed quite a bit of CO2. I put slightly less PoR than last time (in other words I followed the recipe…) and it’s much better, less astringent. Nice and clear too…

Best get started on another Commercial yeast collect for the next brew 😉

That beer looks excellent, it is nice & clear, nice glass too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

I put in some finings in the cold crash so I chose not to collect the trub. Unless you can?

I added finings to the 1st and 2nd generation of the Coopers Commercial Ale yeast slurry I am currently using.  It does not seem to have affected the 3rd and 4th generation.  5th use planned in a couple of weeks.  Coopers XPA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I have found even only 3/4 filling a keg it carbs faster. I also find 14 to 15 psi works for me. Carbing and serving is that your normal to carb and serve?

I’m also leaning to the 3/4 filling too, or at least not to the top. I carb and serve around 15 PSI or so. I tend to gas up a new keg after 24 hours in the keezer, and carb it for about 5 days at 15. I’m a bit concerned about the seal on some cornies, even though I turn them upside down after filling to check for leaks. Sometimes it’s a bit hit and miss, but as I can usually lager them a bit, it doesn’t half help with clearing them

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I added finings to the 1st and 2nd generation of the Coopers Commercial Ale yeast slurry I am currently using.  It does not seem to have affected the 3rd and 4th generation.  5th use planned in a couple of weeks.  Coopers XPA.

Cheers Shamus. The pressurised FY is still closed with the trub in, I suppose there’s no reason not to use it again. Having said that, I got a case of APA from my wholesalers so might as well splash out on a new culture.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stquinto said:

I’m also leaning to the 3/4 filling too, or at least not to the top. I carb and serve around 15 PSI or so. I tend to gas up a new keg after 24 hours in the keezer, and carb it for about 5 days at 15. I’m a bit concerned about the seal on some cornies, even though I turn them upside down after filling to check for leaks. Sometimes it’s a bit hit and miss, but as I can usually lager them a bit, it doesn’t half help with clearing them

Some of my carbing is hit and miss as well but I have put it down to each one being done slightly differently. 

The longer I can leave on the out post the better the carbonation. Unless like I said it's 3/4 of a keg it gets better faster. Suppose it's simply less liquid to carbonate. 

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes, that is a good scotch, I often have a nip of similar, either scotch/brandy/port etc. after dinner, purely for medicinal purposes of course.

Yeah nothing like the strong stuff to help heal the body and mind. I also really enjoy the dimples 12 and 15 year old plus a few other brands. 

• Like 1

First pour of yaraville pale ale FWK 5 days in keg bit undercarbonated. Forgot had gas off for 2 days. The foamy top is first pour after line clean. 

Beer is actually flat and bit watery 4.2% I have made a S&W clone by mistake 😬 

Not a bad taste still no extra hops added I forget what they put in this can taste in background. Next time will aim for 5% mark. Should increase body and flavour.

I also bottled 6 in big coopers longnecks will come out 4.5%.

20230206_162349.jpg

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg
  • Like 4