Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

8 hours ago, kmar92 said:

The 6kg will only cost c.$50 to re-fill @Classic Brewing Co so less than half of buying another. Your choice of course, but the 2.6kg will last you for plenty of kegs.

Yes, OD I understand that I want to keep my own CO2 bottles rather than do swaps.

In fact, it is cheaper to drive the extra kms to Beer Belly at Pooraka to get mine filled for $49.00.

I can go to BrewCraft ay Torrensville but they only do swaps & they are $55.00. I just want to have a full 6kg on hand while I have kegs of beer in the fridge.

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes, OD I understand that I want to keep my own CO2 bottles rather than do swaps.

In fact, it is cheaper to drive the extra kms to Beer Belly at Pooraka to get mine filled for $49.00.

I can go to BrewCraft ay Torrensville but they only do swaps & they are $55.00. I just want to have a full 6kg on hand while I have kegs of beer in the fridge.

hmmmm   you must have standard replies to me,  because  you quoted kmar92  and then directed your reply to me 🤣🤣
its ok  phil  i understood who you was meaning to reply to lol

actual  fact  beer belly @ Pooraka $49 a fill is pretty good   most places for 6kg here in vic part from kegland  are $55 and above to fill

Kegland = $40 dollars a fill but its  4 hr drive there and back for me  and its only instore only so if your interstate  you would have to look at their affiliates  which Beer Belly in Pooraka is   

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

hmmmm   you must have standard replies to me,  because  you quoted kmar92  and then directed your reply to me 🤣🤣
its ok  phil  i understood who you was meaning to reply to lol

actual  fact  beer belly @ Pooraka $49 a fill is pretty good   most places for 6kg here in vic part from kegland  are $55 and above to fill

Kegland = $40 dollars a fill but its  4 hr drive there and back for me  and its only instore only so if your interstate  you would have to look at their affiliates  which Beer Belly in Pooraka is   

Sorry about the misquote mate, Beer Belly is 25km (1/2 hour) from Glenelg so I would rather give them the business & have a nice drive, maybe buy something & have a nice beer on the way home. They are a family SA owned business & I would rather support them than the aforementioned as they are owned by a public company.

Either way price normally guides a lot of purchases, but I try to support local businesses.

Cheers

• Like 4

what am i drinking today   my    neipa wort kit from Grain and Grape  ,  I am now  buzzing with  gas  again    , so i decided to have a cold  neipa    which is so yummy    the wort kit  was Ben Juicy NEIPA

felt i could have added more yeast but has certainly got their in the end.

Not as Good as the ozdevils ale  that IBooz2  has borrowed the recipe from, i must make that again in the new year

20221219_124132.thumb.jpg.c5555f61fca67f7e3cabc4fc3b4de29b.jpg 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Not as Good as the ozdevils ale  that IBooz2  has borrowed the recipe from, i must make that again in the new year

Sorry @ozdevil that recipe is now being brewed under sole license by the Alicat Brewery.  Hmmm I must get around to paying those license fees one day.😉

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Sorry @ozdevil that recipe is now being brewed under sole license by the Alicat Brewery.  Hmmm I must get around to paying those license fees one day.😉

i just got the copy right and patent   and just spoke to my lawyer 

my lawyer just got back to me and said  sole licence belongs to you as well as all copyright and patent and other licence fee's  Alicat Brewery or brewer always needs to  acknowledge  the sole copyright owner and patent owner and send him a 1/2 a dozen bottle of this good brew as well as mention its ozdevils recipe

but we didn't have to go down this road @iBooz2 was happy to share my recipe

but i love the fact @iBooz2 you enjoy that brew, and your still welcome to brew it

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

after a walk that nearly killed , i walked 10km up to 10%  gradient hills to get to a golf club in my area  and now i am buggered
just got home decided to turn gas on  for a riggers black ipa wort kit  from grain and grape fermented with bry 97 

and wow what a great ipa it is and maturing well at 6.5%   ..

happy with the head retention but gives bugger all head

20221219_172436.thumb.jpg.4c4537f6b420d745794dbaae94d9b70a.jpg

now hopefully i dont get invited anywhere for 25th of December   i will be brewing a beer donated to me by  Pierre of Simple Home Brewing on you tube  which is the the pacific thunder   from kegland

in which i thank "Simple Home brewing" and Pierre for this Brew  , it was unexpected delivery  So thanks Pierre if your about the coppers dyi forums

• Like 6

VB clone. All Grain. This beer didn't deliver. Didn't clear up in the keg. I didn't get the Pride Of Ringwood right. It's actually more bitter than VB and malty. It's a good beer but I failed to get that mega swill. It's pretty tasty but not what I was after. I'm not chuffed with Pride Of Ringwood. It's off my menu.

20221219_234816.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 5

6 hours ago, Pale Man said:

It astonishes me when you want a wheat beer to stay cloudy, and a lager to clear they do opposite. I don't know.

Yeah I know what you mean I made a Witbier which to this day is the clearest beer I have ever made without finings 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Note to self: don’t take a keg out of the keezer to weigh what’s left 😳 (well, unless you want a perfectly clear APA to look like a Hazy IPA)

Before and after photos

And Thar she blows!

I haven't got around to weighing the kegs yet, but a gentle lift upwards gives me some idea also the condensation helps sometimes.

I have always wondered about disconnecting/reconnecting kegs while they are in use, I am sure it can be done but for now I will have to wait for that dreaded sound 💣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ozdevil said:

I've heard nothing but excellent reviews on that particular brew Oz mate, 

20 hours ago, ozdevil said:

the wort kit  was Ben Juicy NEIPA

Is that the one you recommended to me mate, I forget if it was - but the one I had was damn good

• Like 2

Just a quick keg filler partial based on a Coopers Aussie Pale Ale extract tin and a tin of Coopers light malt extract, hopped with Mosaic and Simcoe. Just 5 days in the keg and it is clearing up nicely. You can see the influence of Carapils from the partial with the tight bubbles in the head. Nice beer!

2320e.jpg

• Like 7