Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

Fritz’s New Hop(e)
ABV 4.7%

This aptly named brew was the hopeful try to improve a Brigalow New. With the dry hopped addition of some Kiwi experimental hop NZH-107 it turned out quite nice.

NZH-107 is a proprietary experimental hop blend developed jointly between New Zealand Hops, Ltd. and Brewers Supply Group and showcases intense tropical fruit and citrus character.

The aroma is intense tropical fruit (guava/passion fruit) with citrus (grapefruit/lime) aroma characteristics. NZH-107 is an excellent hop solution for hop-forward styles like IPAs, pale ales, and dry-hopped pale lagers.83A0EE90-D028-4D00-A7CC-44D4104E5D19.thumb.jpeg.a0e75b7df45a7e34b6bf93e6cf0c2fcc.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Mooroobra Lager

ABV 4.3%

didn’t turn out too bad. Brigalow Munich Lager, steeped and dry hopped with some East Kent Golding hop, adding the right amount of bitterness. Well done Mr. Fritz!

IMG_1776.jpg

Can't buy Brigalow Munich lager at the LHBS here. Did it years ago. Was a good drop. Their pilsner is fabulous.

Edited by oldbloke
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Fritz’s New Hop(e)
ABV 4.7%

This aptly named brew was the hopeful try to improve a Brigalow New. With the dry hopped addition of some Kiwi experimental hop NZH-107 it turned out quite nice.

NZH-107 is a proprietary experimental hop blend developed jointly between New Zealand Hops, Ltd. and Brewers Supply Group and showcases intense tropical fruit and citrus character.

The aroma is intense tropical fruit (guava/passion fruit) with citrus (grapefruit/lime) aroma characteristics. NZH-107 is an excellent hop solution for hop-forward styles like IPAs, pale ales, and dry-hopped pale lagers.83A0EE90-D028-4D00-A7CC-44D4104E5D19.thumb.jpeg.a0e75b7df45a7e34b6bf93e6cf0c2fcc.jpeg

nice colour, i've always been a bit scared to grab a brigalow can from big w because no one ever talks about them. i might give that can a go.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

For what it's worth I have most of them range very ordinary & I wouldn't buy anymore but that's only my opinion.

I agree, I just saw them and thought I'll try them out. they where super cheap. after searching for some information about Brigalow and reading mainly negative comments I decided to play around with some Hops I bought for experimenting sake and they turned out alright. One comment described the taste of Brigalow cider like and I can see why

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 9:23 AM, Aussiekraut said:

Piña CoLager. Needs more time Lagerinhalte (only 3 weeks so far). Too coconutty atm but easy to drink. Not my best concoction but there is potential. I’ll give it one more go with a different approach, then I will archive the recipe. The time it takes isn’t worth the result so far. 

11BE5BDA-7528-4153-BD9C-5BCE8C26BF06.thumb.jpeg.555002ea5273b647fc59d26aef4192ef.jpeg

Looks good, must admit I’m not much of a cocktail kind of a bloke unless it’s a Vesper Martini: problem is one’s not enough and two’s too many… 

Easier to deal with beer

Edited by stquinto
  • Like 3

On 2/24/2022 at 7:57 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Stquinta, here's one of your glasses, check out the price at the bottom of the page, Yikes 😬

Win Denver & Liely specialty beer glass

Holy cow, gotta be something special about them ! 
I reckon some of those kind of things are marketed for “what shall we get him for Christmas?” “Oh, I found some fancy beer glass, that’ll keep him quiet” occasions.

I do like a branded glass for the right beer mind, in Belgium most cafés or bars have the right glass for each beer, and there might be more than 50 available 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Looks amazing mate! How long in the bottle?

Hey Sainter. Bottled on 23 Jan 2022. It was pretty ordinary at first I have to say, but now it’s great. I only did a 10 litre batch because that’s all I can manage on my stovetop. 
Cheers mate 👍

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

Hey Sainter. Bottled on 23 Jan 2022. It was pretty ordinary at first I have to say, but now it’s great. I only did a 10 litre batch because that’s all I can manage on my stovetop. 
Cheers mate 👍

Great stuff! I am convinced a bit of time maturing is worth it, unless it’s a real hoppy one. Even that can still be ok, just changes a bit. Defo the case for strong ones; I just had a Brew A which is at least 6 months old and now it’s a beauty! Pretty rough around the edges until a month ago 

38EAE6F6-D184-4F35-A930-5B3779B5F26D.jpeg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Great stuff! I am convinced a bit of time maturing is worth it, unless it’s a real hoppy one. Even that can still be ok, just changes a bit. Defo the case for strong ones; I just had a Brew A which is at least 6 months old and now it’s a beauty! Pretty rough around the edges until a month ago 

38EAE6F6-D184-4F35-A930-5B3779B5F26D.jpeg

I agree. With the hoppy pale ales and IPA’s it’s a bit of a trade off. The hop flavour is stronger early on, and I have a hunch that the stronger hop presence hides any flaws in the beer which are cleaned up with a bit of aging…

• Like 2

I love the glamour beer shots; and @Brauhaus Fritzcreative backdrops! I have five longnecks left of my first kit lager brew. I'll have to go commercial because my second brew, a Coopers kit pale ale will not be touched until 15th March. I'm not going to make a third brew until I taste and compare and decide what to try next. And I'm still very much still fine tuning my basic brew  techniques. For example, I'll be using already used Pet bottles for the first time. I'll have to clean and dry them well I think.

• Like 5

Glad to hear it @jennyss! It takes a while to get the hang of the brews at first it but it falls into place. The handy thing here is there’s lots of advice for all levels. I thought I was doing well with the kits, went on to BIAB with some beginner’s luck, but got into AG is causing me a few problems… but I’ll sort ‘em 😀 I know so ‘coz there’s plenty of advice

As to the photos, you b*ggers put up pictures of the beach, and I’m landlocked, so I’ll show you my season (a bit snowy in the mountains) 🤣

Anyway the beers look good with a bit of backlight 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Anyway the beers look good with a bit of backlight 

Bit of natural backlight?

(haha... library photo from nearly 2 years ago... pasture a bit greener today and note that the trees are deciduous so had their leaves off for Winter 👍)

image.thumb.png.d462ee553c9bdfed4bf0214b35e5cc03.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Bit of natural backlight?

(haha... library photo from nearly 2 years ago... pasture a bit greener today and note that the trees are deciduous so had their leaves off for Winter 👍)

image.thumb.png.d462ee553c9bdfed4bf0214b35e5cc03.png

There it is again in all it's magnificent glory. Beautiful work IP mate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Berliner Weisse, one day in the keg.
Dry, crisp and interesting.

Umm, grassy hay aroma, tart taste, slightly lemony perhaps. 

For those listening at home this was fermented for 6 months at room temperature in a stainless steel FV in the lounge room. It's proper interesting.
5%, 5 ibu, astringent and clean, will be interesting to see how it is in a month

PXL_20220302_075727142.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.77a8604944d7f9a9184a2bafc2a9b0a2.jpg

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

Berliner Weisse, one day in the keg.
Dry, crisp and interesting.

Umm, grassy hay aroma, tart taste, slightly lemony perhaps. 

For those listening at home this was fermented for 6 months at room temperature in a stainless steel FV in the lounge room. It's proper interesting.
5%, 5 ibu, astringent and clean, will be interesting to see how it is in a month

PXL_20220302_075727142.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.77a8604944d7f9a9184a2bafc2a9b0a2.jpg

Do it like a real Berliner and add some raspberry cordial 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1