Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

3 minutes ago, MitchBastard said:

First bottle of the recent saison batch. Blardy beautiful. Definitely needs another few weeks in the bottle. This beer always hits its stride at the 6 weeks mark. Only 4 more weeks to go!

9EDDB429-340C-4362-8E48-7BDBA4264ACD.thumb.jpeg.936558b633df814447d5f50a152da488.jpeg

Awesome Mitch, I love the colour, you can tell it has body & a beautiful creamy white head, I was recently given a 40-50 Champagne bottles by an ex-brewer, I assume the cleaning/bottling method is the same as Coops largies, they definitely are strongly built.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Awesome Mitch, I love the colour, you can tell it has body & a beautiful creamy white head, I was recently given a 40-50 Champagne bottles by an ex-brewer, I assume the cleaning/bottling method is the same as Coops largies, they definitely are strongly built.

Cheers mate! Champers bottles are great. Hang onto em. You can really push carbonation in them due to them being designed for it. My saisons ger to about 3-3.2 vols of C02. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MitchBastard said:

Cheers mate! Champers bottles are great. Hang onto em. You can really push carbonation in them due to them being designed for it. My saisons ger to about 3-3.2 vols of C02. 

I will cheers for that, I have never used them before so now I am looking forward to it. I am only k&k but I like a bit of fiz, so here we go.

• Like 1

There is a lot to be said for using a quality yeast & extra adjuncts, this is the American Pale Ale I posted yesterday, 12 days old in a PET bottle & a Grolsch bottle.

Tonight, this one is out of the Coopers longnecks, 13 days old, normally it wouldn't be that nice using only a kit yeast & maybe a BE but I used an extra 1kg of LDME & Nottingham yeast - you can really taste the difference, I had a mate around earlier & he couldn't believe it was that young.

1099716101_MJAPA180222.thumb.jpg.c98aaa26390d4360f895f60bcd7e23ae.jpg

• Like 5

The neighbours next door,  invited me over for a drink which is nice but Paul is such a slow drinker that it becomes frustrating, I took 2 Longnecks of my freshly brewed APA & we knocked them off but after sitting there with an empty glass I said I should go. He insisted I stay & came back with 2 x subbies of Coops Pale, of course I drank mine & he was taking his time so I ducked next door for another bottle of mine & ended up finishing that before he finished his Stubby.

I am home now & it is nice being friends with neighbours but I am afraid I cannot drink that slow.

Does anyone else experience this ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Normal for Who.. I drink too fast but when I'm with a Mate from Whyalla.. I'm too slow

We are all different..

But Keep up people !

Yeah well there is the other side of the coin with the 'Scullers' I also have mates whom I won't get in a shout with otherwise I would be cattle truc.....  in no time, way too fast & not necessary, let alone enjoyable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2022 at 8:23 PM, MitchBastard said:

First bottle of the recent saison batch

@MitchBastard Mitchie your help and advice please - as a diastaticus strain - one you would not want to contaminate yer normal brews - do you have a separate fermenter to keep it away from more standard brews?

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 10:02 PM, RDT2 said:

Nelson Sauvin/Motueka Pacific Ale bloody nice 🍻 

B79BC06D-5343-46C3-8BB0-745B307B7F35.jpeg

Awesome hop combo. I stumbled across that when I was trying to replicate a mountain goat summer ale. I had motueka but not the other hop (Wakatu I think) so I subbed in Nelson Suavin. 
I have since tried the correct hops in the same beer, and the NS & Motueka combo is better 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I thought I would sneak this post in here because it is about drinking beer.

I just had a visit from fellow member @DavidM & we exchanged a couple of brews so that's a good thing, it is always nice to catch up with other members but probably better if you share a drink or nine.

Cheers.

Who drank the quickest Phil? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/20/2022 at 6:34 PM, DavidM said:

And Woolies Lager.

Hey Dave! I'm now drinking my first batch of WW Lager. My head retention is poor but I used mainly dextrose as my fermentable. I added Liberty hops to it and I have to say it actually tastes OK. If I make it again I'll use BE2 to try remedy the head issues. Yours looks pretty good.

Haha. I must have had few the other day. I just realised I wrote the same thing to you in another thread already. 

Edited by MUZZY
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Hey Dave! I'm now drinking my first batch of WW Lager. My head retention is poor but I used mainly dextrose as my fermentable. I added Liberty hops to it and I have to say it actually tastes OK. If I make it again I'll use BE2 to try remedy the head issues. Yours looks pretty good.

Haha. I must have had few the other day. I just realised I wrote the same thing to you in another thread already. 

I think it's called in the grip of the grain 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1