Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

53 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Took us a while to drag you over kicking and screaming @Red devil 44 Reddler haha but now you seem to have become one of the true believers 😋

But you were previously producing some mighty nice brews with the Coopers KnK and Liquid Malt in your vast array of kegglers 🥳

Yeah I did a few nice KnK,s in my time, but again just started off with basic brews & yeast.

‘Then started to use liquid malt, better yeast etc, then partials, the rest is history I guess 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

I've been drinking a lot of BrewA IPA and Family Secret Amber Ale lately and I think my palate was getting a little tired of them because this here Aus pale ale, BE1 and Summer hops has excited the taste buds. A nice fruity flavour. Pretty good clarity too considering I don't cold crash or use finings. I think I'm a little bit proud of myself with this one. You actually can make good beer with a Kit &Kilo  😁

IMG_20220205_123617.jpg

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 13

16 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

You actually can make good beer with a Kit &Kilo  😁

Agreed @MUZZY absolutely!  And a fine looking beer yours is mate great job!

I don't think any of us would be here brewing AG if we had not been able to start the journey and find out how good a DIY beer via Coopers KnK can be... and you see quite often when AG Rabbit Hole Brewers are pressed for time and or resources that knocking out a quicker KnK can be very useful to stock up on Beer 😆

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Agreed @MUZZY absolutely!  And a fine looking beer yours is mate great job!

I don't think any of us would be here brewing AG if we had not been able to start the journey and find out how good a DIY beer via Coopers KnK can be... and you see quite often when AG Brewers are pressed for time and or resources that knocking out a quicker KnK can be very useful to stock up on Beer 😆

And I have no doubt, going by all accounts on here, AG beer can make even better beer, IP. It's just a shame I'm too bloody lazy to give a go. 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I've been drinking a lot of BrewA IPA and Family Secret Amber Ale lately and I think my palate was getting a little tired of them because this here Aus pale ale, BE1 and Summer hops has excited the taste buds. A nice fruity flavour. Pretty good clarity too considering I don't cold crash or use finings. I think I'm a little bit proud of myself with this one. You actually can make good beer with a Kit &Kilo  😁

Nice one Muzzy, that looks delightful. I am about to crack one too as I have just finished bottling my APA.🍻

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MUZZY said:

IMG_20220205_123617.jpg

Certainly looks tasty Muz. How do you add the hopS? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Certainly looks tasty Muz. How do you add the hopS? 

Hi Pints. For this one I steeped the hops in preboiled, tepid water (around 30C) for about 2 hours and added it when mixing the brew together. The cooler temp steep seems to add that flavour a dry hop would add but without the fuss of a hop bag. I don't know if it's better or worse than dry hopping but I like doing a hop tea and not having to bother the wort once it's closed up for fermentation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Finished cleaning up the big 58 L Kegmenter and a Coopers FV plus various bits and pieces around the brewery so it's time for a beer.   This one is another Leigh's Lager batch #68 AG #27 and it's been in the keg for 4 weeks this weekend and I reckon it's at it's peak.  Nice and clear, nicely carbonated and just the right amount of PoR aroma and flavour.  I can see why this beer is so popular with all the free-loaders that call in here for a social visit ha ha.

Going to drop a double batch (44 L) of Summer Pilsner into the big bad boy tomorrow.

LL 4 weeks in the keg Batch #68 AG #27 - resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 9

58 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

I can see why this beer is so popular with all the free-loaders that call in here for a social visit ha ha.

Looks really good Al, I know what you mean, I managed to save just 3 of these Coops Bootmaker P/Ales bottled in November, it is really at it's peak, Centennial still shining through, that's if you can see it with all of the background clutter 😬

20220205_172258.thumb.jpg.42ae9da197cdcdf447a0b23ffaa6662b.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

I'm not sure I even know what a Belgian ale tastes like but that looks pretty good, Brauhaus.

This one is very complex, sweet and bitter, yeasty and almondy and quiet heavy. In the beginning I didn’t like it much, but now after 3 1/2 month it’s very enjoyable. This one is made with the Munton’s Belgian Style Ale kit. I also don’t know any other Belgian Ale. Would I do it again? Not on top of the priority list, but yes

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Hi Pints. For this one I steeped the hops in preboiled, tepid water (around 30C) for about 2 hours and added it when mixing the brew together. The cooler temp steep seems to add that flavour a dry hop would add but without the fuss of a hop bag. I don't know if it's better or worse than dry hopping but I like doing a hop tea and not having to bother the wort once it's closed up for fermentation.

Agree and sounds like a great idea. How much water and hops for a 20L batch?