Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

7 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Hey Dave! I'm now drinking my first batch of WW Lager. My head retention is poor but I used mainly dextrose as my fermentable. I added Liberty hops to it and I have to say it actually tastes OK. If I make it again I'll use BE2 to try remedy the head issues. Yours looks pretty good.

Even so without the head.. how does it taste.

Yes, I do remember it's for your Son, so not relevant..

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Awesome hop combo. I stumbled across that when I was trying to replicate a mountain goat summer ale. I had motueka but not the other hop (Wakatu I think) so I subbed in Nelson Suavin. 
I have since tried the correct hops in the same beer, and the NS & Motueka combo is better 👍

Cheers mate it may have been you who recommended the combo very 👍. I look forward to trying riwaka with Nelson also.

• Like 3

I am trying a Bitter that@DavidMleft here yesterday, it poured well, obviously well carbonated, good head retention. There is a strong malt presence & some bitterness, I don't get a lot of hop flavours but there is a hint of citrus/grapefruit but unsure of the age of the brew. It is a little murky but overall it is a pretty good effort. It held the head with good lacing to the end.

Well done David.

Cheers

Phil

1333912960_DAVIDMBITTER22022022.thumb.jpg.101806b3caf312f2a9a82db49ef7b104.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

El Dorado IPA initially when first kegged I was a bit meh, but now 3 weeks in the keg it really has turned it on with the hops starting to shine through and nicely balanced with just enough bitterness. Really nice 🍻 

AF35F0CF-F99D-479A-B8C9-A2586493215F.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 8

26 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

El Dorado IPA initially when first kegged I was a bit meh, but now 3 weeks in the keg it really has turned it on with the hops starting to shine through and nicely balanced with just enough bitterness. Really nice 🍻 

AF35F0CF-F99D-479A-B8C9-A2586493215F.jpeg

Funny you should say that @RDT2  My el dorado pale ale is really good now at 4 weeks, and the hops are so much better than they were at 2 weeks. 
Interesting flavour. I used exclusively el dorado hops (early, late and dry hopped too).

Ive done another with El dorado, Galaxy and cascade but haven’t tried that one yet…

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tone boy said:

Funny you should say that @RDT2  My el dorado pale ale is really good now at 4 weeks, and the hops are so much better than they were at 2 weeks. 
Interesting flavour. I used exclusively el dorado hops (early, late and dry hopped too).

Ive done another with El dorado, Galaxy and cascade but haven’t tried that one yet…

I’ve found the same about a month and it’s really starting to hit its straps and I find the aroma seems to be coming through as well. The challenge is to not drink the beer for a month, I don’t think that will happen.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 2/22/2022 at 10:44 PM, Itinerant Peasant said:

@stquinto Woooohooo Sainter! 🥳

Spiegelau?

Lovely looking beers mate!

19 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Yes it is. I’ve got a set of them IP and they’re great looking glasses. They hold a fair whack too !! 😜

Im always worried I’m going to break them when washing up though…😬

Yeah, Spiegelau indeed. Lovely glass for a lager (or anything except a Belgian Trappist which needs a stem).

Got a point about the washing up though, quite difficult to dry the inside. If I’m not looking the wife puts them in the dishwasher and I worry they’ll go cloudy 😵

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Cheers Red, happy with that one. For me ageing helps, I know there are different schools of thought about this, but like Meghan Markle, “it’s my truth” 😉

Hey Stquinta, here's one of your glasses, check out the price at the bottom of the page, Yikes 😬

Win Denver & Liely specialty beer glass

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

And a stout. I’m guessing this has been in the bottle for nearly two years. It’s good….but one question….why is the head not white(ish) like some stouts I see??

I have had that happen a few years ago when I found a box of stout in a cupboard I had forgotten about, it tasted great but same colour head ???

• Like 1

Piña CoLager. Needs more time Lagerinhalte (only 3 weeks so far). Too coconutty atm but easy to drink. Not my best concoction but there is potential. I’ll give it one more go with a different approach, then I will archive the recipe. The time it takes isn’t worth the result so far. 

11BE5BDA-7528-4153-BD9C-5BCE8C26BF06.thumb.jpeg.555002ea5273b647fc59d26aef4192ef.jpeg

• Like 7