Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You Guts.

Ah well I spose you enjoyed it.

sipped that one, really happy with the lacing, the overall taste and everything. a few more glasses in now, think its one of my best so far

283460867_Screenshot2022-02-02214236.thumb.jpg.126a0ba21429f2d82b19b139cb30d0f3.jpg

+ 40g dry hop, 2 days (20g cascade/20g galaxy).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

Hoegaarden AG Clone, 2nd batch.

‘This is mother’s milk, fantastic carbonation & great taste, very close to the real thing.

Easily the best AG I’ve brewed so far in my short AG career. 
Came in at 5.2% ABV 

Good one RD that looks like a pearler, lovely colour, solid head, I bet it tastes great. You have excelled in the AG process, well done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Good one RD that looks like a pearler, lovely colour, solid head, I bet it tastes great. You have excelled in the AG process, well done.

Yeah @Classic Brewing Co, tastes great.

This will always be on my brewing list, that’s for sure.

Had a bit left over so bottled a couple for my brother when I see him on the weekend, he loves my Hoegaarden. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Hoegaarden AG Clone, 2nd batch.

‘This is mother’s milk, fantastic carbonation & great taste, very close to the real thing.

Easily the best AG I’ve brewed so far in my short AG career. 
Came in at 5.2% ABV 

AF204239-6E4F-4D54-BF8D-B1BF115F5EED.jpeg

Looks great mate. I have done one 3 times but still haven't completely nailed it. Do you mind sharing your recipe?. Will be interested to know how much you go with the spices. This was my last attempt. I am thinking I might have to get bitter orange. There is something slightly missing with mine.

Screenshot_20220203-200247_BeerSmith 3.jpg

Screenshot_20220203-200302_BeerSmith 3.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Last of the oldest batch of Belgian Dubbels (several months in the bottle). Developed into a wonderfully complex beer. I’ve got two more slabs (a bit younger) which I had tweaked with candi sugar etc. Next one will be AG 🤞

It is 6.30am here in Adelaide, South Australia & I am having a black coffee & you are having a black beer !!

What is the time difference where you are mate ?? Just curious or does it mean you need a heart starter before work 🤣

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Looks great mate. I have done one 3 times but still haven't completely nailed it. Do you mind sharing your recipe?. Will be interested to know how much you go with the spices. This was my last attempt. I am thinking I might have to get bitter orange. There is something slightly missing with mine.

Screenshot_20220203-200247_BeerSmith 3.jpg

Screenshot_20220203-200302_BeerSmith 3.jpg

Hi Greeny @Greenyinthewestofsydney,

I used this recipe below mate, a couple of changes as I couldn’t get Bulgar Wheat, so went with 5kg of Pilsner, and also added 20g each of Coriander Seed & 20g of Mixed Peel which is pictured, think I got it from Woolies.

‘Also used a different yeast than what’s listed, I used M21 Belgian Wit Yeast.

‘I’m really stoked with the way it came out, best AG I’ve made so far. 
Was in the fermenter for 21 days ( as I was away with work fifo )

But pretty much followed the fermentation profile on the sheet, have a good wife who adjusts temps for me 🤣🤣, although now I have bought a WIFI Inkbird so happy days., Hope this helps mate, cheers 🍻🍻

438C0ED5-D184-433B-8AC2-E900670E6241.jpeg

FADE12D3-DDD5-419F-AB7B-F2DA9551FBCB.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/31/2022 at 8:53 PM, iBooz2 said:

it will be AG if I can get a good recommendation on a recipe from any stout drinkers that do AG.  I probably have enough of the right grains to do one batch.  If not then a K & K one for first try.

Hey there Boozer et al

I think that Coopers Stout makes a great KnK esp w some extra liquid malt and a BE2 or so...  that was my experience in the KnK days.  Somehow the dark roast dark malt thing seems to generate good development of the beer head and head retention in the KnK world.

AG I suggest something like the following - there are many ways to make a stout tho hey...  but something like the below maybe:

Pale Malt    58%
Munich    22%
Wheat    8%
Roasted Barley    4%
Carafa III    4%
Chocolate Malt    4%

You don't hafta have Munich - could just use all pale malt... but I think some wheat is good...

And then Roasted Barley is critical but Choc and Carafa III is a good addition... 

@disgruntled Dissa might have a good recipe for you too mate?

I have put Rye into some of mine too...  as me ol' cobber Dissa taught me well on the benefits of Rye haha!

Then for hops Fuggles and EKG are good....

Yeast - ale yeast of your choice I use US05 so it will let the malts do the talkin'

I don't do much Crystal in general anymore in any brews... 

But I suspect there will be some more Stouty Experts out there that might provide some help too mate and there are many ways to 'skin a stout'   ; )

And then of course if you go the extra mile with Nitro Beergas and a Stout Tap you can go the whole hog... but AG Stout on CO2 is also a beautiful thing. 

image.thumb.png.79dd34c6a3389645b8f731fd46766383.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 2

On 1/31/2022 at 7:53 PM, iBooz2 said:

PAML, it will be AG if I can get a good recommendation on a recipe from any stout drinkers that do AG.  I probably have enough of the right grains to do one batch.  If not then a K & K one for first try.

I like a stout... hat grains have you?

And don't use US05

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Pale Malt    58%
Munich    22%
Wheat    8%
Roasted Barley    4%
Carafa III    4%
Chocolate Malt    4%

I like some Caraaroma in there too, adds a little burnt ness that the roast malts don't

• Like 2

Not mine - am on the Wagooooon - but rather my leading apprentice whom I helped knock out the brew in a lovely brand new Coopers FV 😋  Coopers Real Ale, Coopers Light Liquid Malt and a BE2 Pack... some Columbus/Chinook in late.

Tasting notes reported - Early rounded malt notes with a lasting lovely light bitter finish.

That it had improved markedly with a month in the glass flip-top bottles and now was drinking v nicely 👍

image.thumb.png.afd731fa36a7dc072cc4d8c54f70eb3b.png

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Not mine - am on the Wagooooon - but rather my leading apprentice whom I helped knock out the brew in a lovely brand new Coopers FV 😋  Coopers Real Ale, Coopers Light Liquid Malt and a BE2 Pack... some Columbus/Chinook in late.

Tasting notes reported - Early rounded malt notes with a lasting lovely light bitter finish.

That it had improved markedly with a month in the glass flip-top bottles and now was drinking v nicely 👍

Looks the biz IP, now are you sure you didn't get just a small amount in your mouth when you were snifting it ??

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks the biz IP, now are you sure you didn't get just a small amount in your mouth when you were snifting it ??

Haha @Classic Brewing Co Classic Brewing Head Brewer mate no neh no - tasting notes was advice via text 😋

But I know I keep banging on about it - and I know that you are one of the Brewers that worked out the value of Coopers Liquid Malt to add to a Kit and I know that @Red devil 44 Reddler was big on it when KnK-ing hey Red?

But honestly adding that can of Liquid Malt to a Brew as well as the Kit - can make a big difference... and I always recommend for a good brew to utilise:

1. one Coopers Kit

2. one can of Coopers Liquid malt - and

3. one box of BE2

...used together in combo I reckon it is a good configuration for anyone on the KnK bandwagon who wants a good result 👍

But each to their own hey depends on what final result you are chasing I guess. 

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Haha @Classic Brewing Co Classic Brewing Head Brewer mate no neh no - tasting notes was advice via text 😋

But I know I keep banging on about it - and I know that you are one of the Brewers that worked out the value of Coopers Liquid Malt to add to a Kit and I know that @Red devil 44 Reddler was big on it when KnK-ing hey Red?

But honestly adding that can of Liquid Malt to a Brew as well as the Kit - can make a big difference... and I always recommend for a good brew to utilise:

1. one Coopers Kit

3. one box of BE2

...used together in combo I reckon it is a good configuration for anyone on the KnK bandwagon who wants a good result 👍

I concur it does make a difference.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

1. one Coopers Kit

3. one box of BE2

Yeah switched to using liquid malt the last 2 or so years of my K & K brewing career.

‘But now the dark side ( AG ) is a major step up in quality & taste from K & K, just about to delve further into the rabbit hole & purchase a 65L vessel for brewing so can complete double batches on my R & R., in I jump. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

But now the dark side ( AG )

Took us a while to drag you over kicking and screaming @Red devil 44 Reddler haha but now you seem to have become one of the true believers 😋

But you were previously producing some mighty nice brews with the Coopers KnK and Liquid Malt in your vast array of kegglers 🥳

• Like 1