Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Well that should make it a Kristallweizen then @Classic Brewing Co Phil - weißbier to begin with - and if no yeast - then Kristall not Hefeweizen...  so maybe you could try stirring up the yeast in a bottle and comparing it - as stirred up and drunk with the yeast then you should by rights have a Weißbier but this time Hefeweizen woohoo 😋

(noting that Hefe = Yeast and Weizen being wheat.... and well Kristall probs no explanation needed 🙂)

I think you favourite Weihenstephan makes a nice Kristall which I suspect you probs have already tried ; )

Cheers mate and good brewing 👍

Sound advice from the Beard of Knowledge, thanks old chap. 😀🍻

• Haha 4

Sipping on some LL and watching the AO tennis.  This is batch #68 AG#27 which was kegged on 05/01/2022 and the second of my dirty batches in the big Kegmenter using Diamond Lager Yeast.  Got another 45 Litres or so just about ready to keg up and will do that this week when I get two spare MT kegs.  The K&K doubles team did well - congratulations - loved that match.  All the best for AB tonight in her quest to move closer to an AO win.

LL Batch #68 AG#27 watching the tennis.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 11

18 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Sipping on some LL and watching the AO tennis. ......

The K&K doubles team did well - congratulations - loved that match.  All the best for AB tonight in her quest to move closer to an AO win.

Lovely looking brew @iBooz2 Boozer nice work!!

And glad the 'dirty batches'  - believe that is - re-use of the same FV and yeast cake - great that it has been good for you.  I reckon it's not a bad way to go and have regularly done 3 brews out of one pack of dry yeast with success... as long as no foreign infection stuff goes on it's the biz I reckon...  and thanks to all those Brewers who encouraged me to have a crack back then 👍

And agree with everyone above re AO and wish both Ash and the KnK team well on Thursday for their semis...  got a lot of respect for Ash and well as for KnK - with a moniker like KnK we'd have to be supportive surely? 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Wednesday Night is of course CIPA night and with it being Australia Day and all I just had to have a few extra glasses.  This beer is now probably at its peak so will be having a slurp (or should I say CIP) any night I like from now on.  Its a pity its a bit of a heavy ABV beer for me as I would like to have a bit of a session on this beer so next batch will tone it down a tad.  Hopefully I don't ruin the overall aroma and taste.  Very happy with it.  Happy Australia Day everyone.🍺

CIPA Australia Day - resized.jpg

• Like 10

10 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Its a pity its a bit of a heavy ABV beer for me as I would like to have a bit of a session on this beer so next batch will tone it down a tad.

That's interesting to hear.  I just revised my CIPA recipe in Brewfather last night with an ABV of 6.6%.  Maybe I should tone it back a little bit. 

The other advantage of doing that, is that I can make a greater total volume of it using my system.  27 litres (into FV) at 6.6% is about my system's capacity.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

That's interesting to hear.  I just revised my CIPA recipe in Brewfather last night with an ABV of 6.6%.  Maybe I should tone it back a little bit. 

The other advantage of doing that, is that I can make a greater total volume of it using my system.  27 litres (into FV) at 6.6% is about my system's capacity.

Mine was estimated to be at ABV 6.2 % and at that level, for me, it becomes a "bedtime beer".

My next batch will be toned down to say 5.3 - 5.5 -ish as I think this beer needs the higher ABV to give it some respect so will aim to keep everything else in balance and aim for that level.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, disgruntled said:

PXL_20220127_080202602.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.56c2ae7e08025b6f126da5a6d1e7a2c7.jpg

Looks nice. I just put some ground up plastic into my mixed berry sour. So far, it's sour, fruity and flat. A little sweetness wouldn't hurt to counter the sourness. Maybe some lactose in the mash might be an idea. She'll go in the keg on Sunday and will be force carbed but won't get a kegerator spot for another 3 weeks, then I'll find out what she's like carbed up and ready to drink.

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, disgruntled said:

Dragonfruit sour.... @ChristinaS1 you may not have seen these things but they are amazing,

PXL_20220105_060249243.thumb.jpg.80410e5f926e1cd8f6d98b3eee007260.jpg

I find it hard to find good dragonfruit where I am. Whereas when I visit Thailand they are plentiful, tasty, juicy and really cheap. I have noticed that there is a dragonfruit farm not too far away from here so I should try those.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

I have noticed that there is a dragonfruit farm not too far away from here so I should try those

I got several Dragon Fruit in pots that brought a couple of years ago one has just, for the first time this summer started fruiting. I think this one is a red one.

The fun/challenge is getting them to grow, flower and fruit.

They are are of a similar texture as Kiwi Fruit, are a bit bland but still good to eat and to grow.

I wouldn't buy the fruit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, disgruntled said:

Dragonfruit sour.... @ChristinaS1 you may not have seen these things but they are amazing,

PXL_20220105_060249243.thumb.jpg.80410e5f926e1cd8f6d98b3eee007260.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful colour. Makes me feel good just to look at it.

You are right, I have never seen one of these. Thanks for thinking of me and sharing.

Cheers,

Christina.

Edited by ChristinaS1
  • Like 5