Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

Which is my Bent's Poke Cranking Shaft IPA and which is the Bentspoke Crankshaft IPA.

...And why?

IMG_2816.JPG.cd12ab2e09e60ffaa61d092d67a50b54.JPG

Mine:

• Caramel sweetness, citrus and berry aromas.  Lots of aromas, but mine is only 15 days in the bottle.  So dry hop is still very fresh.
  • Similar flavours.  Really nice.  Bitterness is on the stronger side.
  • When you go for a sip you get a brilliant hit of fruity aromas.

Theirs

• Has the caramel sweetness but not much else.  Theirs is about 3 months in the can.
  • Caramel, malt and more balanced bitterness.
  • Both retain their head for the whole glass.

Of course I am biased, but mine is much better.  Freshness probably counts for a lot.  A Bentspoke Crankshaft from the tap at their brewery might be another thing.  For the time being, the couple of bottles I kept of this will have to do.  My brother in law got the keg worth and I understand that he has already knocked a hole in it.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Which is my Bent's Poke Cranking Shaft IPA and which is the Bentspoke Crankshaft IPA.

...And why?

Mine:

• Caramel sweetness, citrus and berry aromas.  Lots of aromas, but mine is only 15 days in the bottle.  So dry hop is still very fresh.

Theirs

• Has the caramel sweetness but not much else.  Theirs is about 3 months in the can.

Of course I am biased, but mine is much better.  Freshness probably counts for a lot.  A Bentspoke Crankshaft from the tap at their brewery might be another thing.  For the time being, the couple of bottles I kept of this will have to do.  My brother in law got the keg worth and I understand that he has already knocked a hole in it.

Well Shamus IP has started something hasn't he, I would guess yours is on the left due to the rich colour & creamy head. You go to a lot of trouble with detail making your beers so it looks more like one of yours. I know nothing about this beer so I will be interested to hear the outcome.

• Like 4

On 1/23/2022 at 5:40 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well Shamus IP has started something hasn't he, I would guess yours is on the left due to the rich colour & creamy head. You go to a lot of trouble with detail making your beers so it looks more like one of yours. I know nothing about this beer so I will be interested to hear the outcome.

Needs a separate thread!! 😃

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

So here is the answer:

🙂

image.thumb.png.a83626ebf1f428e3dbb7cd657606cef1.png

Surprised! I thought that the head gave it away but I was wrong. Were both the beers and glasses chilled to the same degree? If the XPA and glass on the left were colder then the haziness could be condensation on the glass.

• Like 3

On 1/22/2022 at 11:04 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

...And why?

Mine:

Theirs

And for those who were wondering

IMG_2816a.jpg.9f2338b9d4c52de201be11f2acb71a69.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

My turn:

Coopers Pale and my attempt at  @ozdevil‘s version

09FB34F7-0F8B-4852-93C9-89C7A8300BCE.thumb.jpeg.742e86de0d072e86854f90895fbd369c.jpeg

@stquinto , My guesses are:

1. Its not an @ozdevil version its an ibooz2 version.
  2. Its not a Coopers pale ale clone its a Coopers sparkling ale clone.

Now that is clarified lets see if that changes some of the responses ha ha..😁

Well done with that beer BTW glad you are happy with it.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

I can’t source PoR here. Bloody happy with it, even if it’s only a fortnight in the bottle.

@stquinto , I will look into sending you some PoR as I just purchased another 400 g.  They should be ok to post as they are in their cry-vac packs.

I wonder how long it would take and if there would be any quarantine issues at your end?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, iBooz2 said:

@stquinto , My guesses are:

1. Its not an @ozdevil version its an ibooz2 version.
  2. Its not a pale ale clone its a sparkling ale clone.

Now that is clarified lets see if that changes some of the responses ha ha..😁

Well done with that beer BTW glad you are happy with it.

@iBooz2 $@*# my old boots sorry mate 😢

had lots of advice concerning AG, BIAB and kegging the authors “fermented” together so to speak …

Well, you’re all right BTW.  I have another 19 long necks left of the brew so I can see how it develops.

So far so good on the AG BIAB journey  I still have a cuppla kits to make up - last month’s recipe of the month for the sour, I’m going to make it so it’s ready for my summer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Surprised! I thought that the head gave it away but I was wrong. Were both the beers and glasses chilled to the same degree? If the XPA and glass on the left were colder then the haziness could be condensation on the glass.

Glasses n Beer Temps pretty much same @kmar92 and the XPA is a bit cloudy in itself... both glasses w condensation w La Niña induced ongoing wet.... my AG brew from keg had slightly smaller bubble structure and creamier texture  (I think due to both the wheat malt as well as the full bodied brew style) and is slightly darker...but was poured earlier and probs slightly under-carbed from what I would normally do a HW... anyway both were lovely brews on the day 🙂

image.thumb.png.87bd250f3e11e3ec595049b89ae28289.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A reasonably clear Wheat Beer & I don't Cold Crash ! It was clearer but I had chilled the glass & it fogged up a bit before I could take the photo. Tastes good too, Cheers, Phil.

Well that should make it a Kristallweizen then @Classic Brewing Co Phil - weißbier to begin with - and if no yeast - then Kristall not Hefeweizen...  so maybe you could try stirring up the yeast in a bottle and comparing it - as stirred up and drunk with the yeast then you should by rights have a Weißbier but this time Hefeweizen woohoo 😋

(noting that Hefe = Yeast and Weizen being wheat.... and well Kristall probs no explanation needed 🙂)

I think you favourite Weihenstephan makes a nice Kristall which I suspect you probs have already tried ; )

Cheers mate and good brewing 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2