Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

OK this is the 2nd tasting of @disgruntled's lovely beer he sent me, this seems like it would be the Saison, I have to tell you at opening I got an immediate aroma of hops & a freshness, it is perfect, pours really well & a cloudy yet clean looking beer with a beautiful white creamy head. It is smooth & fruity with a nice mouthfeel balanced with a nice hop bite & a lingering bitterness. The carbonation is perfect as you can see in the second photo.  I rate this very high, I could drink this all the time, well done mate.

SAISON.thumb.jpg.12ac8119726d297cc58ea16f424d8fd2.jpg2075880751_SAISON.jpg2.thumb.jpg.a5b814d7692fe52b017ebbc3bd7b8566.jpg

• Like 10

The first one was this Berserker Juice ( I posted this photo the other day but I have been busy so here are a few comments )

This is a whole new ball game, I have never tasted anything like this before - a party in your mouth, wow, thick, murky very citrusy but the hops come through & before you can swallow you are presented with a slightly tart, orangey taste followed by a pleasant bitter after taste, you can definitely taste the alcohol but that's OK as after a couple of glasses you know you are going to feel the effect.

This is something, in my opinion, you would only have now & again but it is certainly very enjoyable.

950778979_DISSABEER.thumb.jpg.86ee0aa91417a33490b5746ac45dca38.jpg

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The first one was this Berserker Juice ( I posted this photo the other day but I have been busy so here are a few comments )

This is a whole new ball game, I have never tasted anything like this before - a party in your mouth, wow, thick, murky very citrusy but the hops come through & before you can swallow you are presented with a slightly tart, orangey taste followed by a pleasant bitter after taste, you can definitely taste the alcohol but that's OK as after a couple of glasses you know you are going to feel the effect.

This is something, in my opinion, you would only have now & again but it is certainly very enjoyable.

Berserker Juice

From your description this sounds like a great title for it!

By the way - fridge door...  👉

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Thank you for your concern @Ceebut that is a brew fridge & it is not turned on, hence the door ajar. It will be shut soon when I get a few more brews going. Cheers.

No wuckaz 🙂

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Now for the RIS - Russian Imperial Stout from @disgruntled

I poured this one carefully as on opening it was like holding a fire extinguisher but I managed to get it in the glass, 

Wow what a flavour, I am still getting different complex roasty malt flavours, caramel, obviously the experienced use of grain & hop additions but I am truly impressed, I have brewed many stouts in my lifetime even in the old days, as basic as you could get them. Stout is very forgiving as it is very hard to stuff it up using kits.

This is the work of someone who truly understands the science of creating a traditional recipe yet able to disguise the obvious high alcohol content, excellent work Dissa I am totally impressed, each mouthful  keeps you guessing which grains & hops were used.

At 8% it is not for the faint hearted - now I need a lie down 🙃

It seems AG has it merits, well done @disgruntled & thanks for sending me your fine beverages, I hope you enjoy your Stubby Coolers ( for Al Holders 🤣 ) I will send you a couple of my Pales when they come off the press.

Cheers

Phil

RIS.thumb.jpg.b5696d5974040de82618818e230c98f7.jpg

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Now for the RIS - Russian Imperial Stout from @disgruntled

I poured this one carefully as on opening it was like holding a fire extinguisher but I managed to get it in the glass, 

Wow what a flavour, I am still getting different complex roasty malt flavours, caramel, obviously the experienced use of grain & hop additions but I am truly impressed, I have brewed many stouts in my lifetime even in the old days, as basic as you could get them. Stout is very forgiving as it is very hard to stuff it up using kits.

This is the work of someone who truly understands the science of creating a traditional recipe yet able to disguise the obvious high alcohol content, excellent work Dissa I am totally impressed, each mouthful  keeps you guessing which grains & hops were used.

At 8% it is not for the faint hearted - now I need a lie down 🙃

It seems AG has it merits, well done @disgruntled & thanks for sending me your fine beverages, I hope you enjoy your Stubby Coolers ( for Al Holders 🤣 ) I will send you a couple of my Pales when they come off the press.

Cheers

Phil

RIS.thumb.jpg.b5696d5974040de82618818e230c98f7.jpg

The write-up alone makes me want one

And then the pic...

ok

It's officially Beer'o'Clock, now

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cee said:

The write-up alone makes me want one

And then the pic...

ok

It's officially Beer'o'Clock, now

Beer'o'Clock is Galactic Lawnmower LagerAle 

PLEASE BE ADVISED - Only 13 days in bottle 

SA-05 yeast for a cleaner, hoppier profile (didn't use the tin yeast)

Galaxy Hops - steeped for 3 different times (experimental)

LagerAle Tin

Otherwise it is the Lawnmower Lager Recipe (Middy)

It is no RIS 😄

Galactic Lawnmower LagerAle.jpg

Edited by Cee
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The carbonation is perfect as you can see in the second photo. 

Looks very good Phil.

I wonder if it was carbed using the Muzzy Method or the secret Fizzy-Dissa Method? @disgruntled?  I don't think I have done an AG and bottled in PET's, always Kegged them and used some glass stubby's so interested on his carb sugar technique just in case.  🤔

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Looks very good Phil.

I wonder if it was carbed using the Muzzy Method or the secret Fizzy-Dissa Method? @disgruntled?  I don't think I have done an AG and bottled in PET's, always used glass stubby's so interested on his carb sugar technique just in case.  🤔

Don't know Al but it was a bloody good drop & it kept working until you got every last bit out of the glass !! 🤤

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's that time of the day, my wheat beer continues to satisfy, I still have over a carton of longnecks left so that definitely is not a bad thing.  Mt first brew APA, in the new place is in week in the FV & it was done with Nottingham so I am looking to bottle in a few days.

Tomorrow another Pale goes down & then I will launch an all out attack to get all 6 fermenters going - have to build stocks up.

Cheers

Phil

wheat.thumb.jpg.b74602f67115bc2ebfc3f91b91df638d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It's that time of the day, my wheat beer continues to satisfy, I still have over a carton of longnecks left so that definitely is not a bad thing.  Mt first brew APA, in the new place is in week in the FV & it was done with Nottingham so I am looking to bottle in a few days.

Tomorrow another Pale goes down & then I will launch an all out attack to get all 6 fermenters going - have to build stocks up.

Cheers

Phil

Looks good, what’s the recipe mate? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

The second last glass of my Coopers Vintage Ale 2020.  As you can see from the photo, bottled just over a year ago.  Still tastes amazing.

This was one I carbonated to half fizz.

IMG_2820.JPG.92e066fb8f9880b12f8c2486d7955b0b.JPG

Shamus if you don't mind me asking I am puzzled slightly with your beer, no doubt it would be an exceptional brew however with the absence of a creamy white head, why is this so ?

Please don't think I am criticising but I needed to ask, Cheers Phil.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Shamus if you don't mind me asking I am puzzled slightly with your beer, no doubt it would be an exceptional brew however with the absence of a creamy white head, why is this so ?

Head in almost empty, last glass.  Do not worry.  It had head, and it lasted.  Not much lacing, but it was a great beer.

IMG_2821.JPG

IMG_2821.JPG

Edited by Shamus O'Sean
  • Like 7

On 1/29/2022 at 1:34 AM, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Dark ale between 4 and 5 weeks old I think, too lazy to check my records lol! 50g fuggles dry hop. Tasty beer meant for aging 

20220128_162632.jpg

Gee your beer looks good PAML, it's sorta got me thinking about doing a dark beer or, god forbid, even a stout (first time for me) for winter drinking, mmm...maybe.  ha ha.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:
8 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Head in almost empty, last glass.  Do not worry.  It had head, and it lasted.  Not much lacing, but it was a great beer.

Fair enough it must have been the angle, as long as it was good.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers

Phil

6 is a Blitzkrieg!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Gee your beer looks good PAML, it's sorta got me thinking about doing a dark beer or, god forbid, even a stout (first time for me) for winter drinking, mmm...maybe.  ha ha.

Go for it mate, can only give it a go amd see if you like it, which I'm sure u will. Will u do AG or K and K?

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 3:57 PM, DavidM said:

I Wonder which one has the "Kit" and which one has the "Kilo" 🤔

Woohoo well done Ash Barty down 5:1 in the second set...  well played and what a down-to-earth Champ Ash is.

And 

Woohoo to the Kit in Kilo Team (Doubles Boys Kokkinakis n Kyrgios) as well!

I think that 

Kit = Thanasi cos he has substance and adds directive flavour to the positive outcome....

and

Kilo = Nickos the loony who adds loadsa grunt and power to the brew 

... but I have been wrong before 😋

• Like 2