Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

Had my first beer last night after two weeks of antibiotic break. A Woodforde’s NOG Ale. Still a bit young (2 weeks in bottle) out of memory I know that it will be far better in a few weeks time. Nice bitter sweet, nearly liquorice flavour. Love it. Would really like to get my hands on an original bottle of this award winning brew. Any ideas?

A796E8E2-7DA8-4412-B17D-F88186ED53F3.jpeg

• Like 7

Single hopped ale - with citra. Quite drinkable AG batch that came in at 5.5% ABV. I didn't dry hop and maybe I should have as although it is a nice beer it lacks a hit of hops that us craft beer wankers seem to like.

Probably a perfect lawnmowing beer, even though it is a little high in ABV for that genre of beers.

2280e.jpg

• Like 11

On 10/28/2022 at 4:50 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

This is the first pour of the Coopers Draught that I kegged 2 days ago, apart from being nicely 'carbed up' after 48 hours on 30psi, it doesn't taste green but I do realise it will taste better each day - I wonder how many days it will last 🤣

20221028_163805.thumb.jpg.b7286f3151fd0d7853d6efeafe1e8f0e.jpg

20221028_163948.thumb.jpg.1e352fdc2b7d6b9d59d89cd65363053f.jpg

Kegging is great hey fella 🙂

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yep, I have to agree.

Since I have been kegging, I have been making less brews & probably getting a bit lazy & just popping out k & k's purely to get stock into the fridge, as they taste twice as good out of the tap compared to bottles. ATM I am juggling with just 2 kegs although I have an AG ready to go but I don't want to bottle it.

I have budgeted for 2 more kegs etc but I had to put this on hold temporarily as I also want a grain mill & some grain & of course eventually a drill.

This will be done before xmas but for the moment I will just battle on.  It is amazing when you work out the how quick the 19l in the keg disappears, I am not drinking more but I suspect is the neighours & friends who drop in who help diminish it. 

I would say for those who are thinking about it or have reservations & can afford the extra equipment, go for it. You won't be sorry.

I was fortunate as you know @Pale Man to have help in setting up/suppling my gear by our good friend Hoppy, @Hoppy81

I cannot wait to have the 4 kegs in place as I have 4 taps & intend to ramp up my brewing volumes very soon.

• Like 6

Today must be anniversary day. After I had a bottle of a one year old delicious Apple Cider I cracked this bottle of ROTM Mr. Sinister Ale, version 2 made with Morgan's Dark Ale and Chocolate Malt. Bottled a year ago it is really nice. Doesn't keep its head, but the flavor!!! This one is in my top 3 of all the 64 brews I made so far. Not the best picture, but with two long necks of more than 7% what do you expect 

Chocolate Malt.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Today must be anniversary day. After I had a bottle of a one year old delicious Apple Cider I cracked this bottle of ROTM Mr. Sinister Ale, version 2 made with Morgan's Dark Ale and Chocolate Malt. Bottled a year ago it is really nice. Doesn't keep its head, but the flavor!!! This one is in my top 3 of all the 64 brews I made so far. Not the best picture, but with two long necks of more than 7% what do you expect 

Chocolate Malt.jpeg

I used to make Morgan's Ironbark Dark Ale with a tin of Black Rock Creamy Brown liquid malt blend and fermented it with S04. I always liked that beer.  

• Like 2