Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Just having a drink outside with my neighbour a Pale Ale, with this weather why wouldn't you.

20221017_175711.thumb.jpg.1d048ee19c6cdf58ad33cdea3ceb23bd.jpg

Geez mate... give a bloke a chance, just saw him on "Australias Most Wanted" 😁

BEER THEFT

Edited by JoeB7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, ozdevil said:

both kegland mill and keg king mill are very much similar mills  ,  in ways its only the asthetics of the mill  that is very different  and that it comes with the board mounted

both kegland and kig king rollers are knurled   

to be honest with you   either  one of the mills will do a fine job  

if you go the Keg King  mill everything is bundled already
but you may have to assemble it

i dont think you will be disappointed either way 

13 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah Cheers Paleo, I have done it in the past with a rolling pin for partials until I got it milled for me however I would agree straight out of the bag, milled & brewed would make a vast difference.

I splashed out on the MillMaster and with postage, I practically had to sell a kidney for it (wouldn’t get much for it, the liver either…)

But it is an amazing piece of kit. It takes me longer to weigh out the grain than to mill it. The settings I choose stay the same each and every time. Fluted rollers are the way to go. They ain’t cheap - but faffing around until 02:00 trying to mill and being caught in “flagrante delicto” by SWMBO is not something I wanted to repeat 😁

Bought the mill with the child support money anyway 😆

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Haha 5

Bitsa Pale Ale. 3 days in the keg and it’s looking very promising. Nice apricot and peach aroma and flavours. Verdant makes a beer smell so good and the Azacca hops do the rest. It pours with a good creamy head that sticks around for a bit. Not a bad beer I’d say, considering it was just thrown together from leftover grains 😀

C560E141-8356-485C-B54E-69B89F3B35EE.thumb.jpeg.18601b8756fac589ef256e0bd80c3036.jpeg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

Bitsa Pale Ale. 3 days in the keg and it’s looking very promising. Nice apricot and peach aroma and flavours. Verdant makes a beer smell so good and the Azacca hops do the rest. It pours with a good creamy head that sticks around for a bit. Not a bad beer I’d say, considering it was just thrown together from leftover grains 😀

C560E141-8356-485C-B54E-69B89F3B35EE.thumb.jpeg.18601b8756fac589ef256e0bd80c3036.jpeg

Nice one AK. Never used Azacca hops before - must put them on the long list of things to try.…so many beers, so little time!😵💫

Glad it turned out well for you. Cheers 🍻

• Like 3

"Coopers Stout and lemonade,

Mix them up you'll be amazed.

That's a Portagaff you've made.

Coopers Stout and lemon-aaade."

I hadn't tried a Portagaff in years until now and I can't work out why I left it this long. A nice change for the palate.

Footnote: The beginning of this message is the lyrics to a Coopers radio jingle back from the 70s or 80s. Please don't ask me why I can remember things like that but not the password to my Netflix account.🤦‍♂️

IMG_20221019_170018.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Malter White said:

I hadn't tried a Portagaff in years until now and I can't work out why I left it this long. A nice change for the palate.

Footnote: The beginning of this message is the lyrics to a Coopers radio jingle back from the 70s or 80s. Please don't ask me why I can remember things like that but not the password to my Netflix account.🤦‍♂️

IMG_20221019_170018.jpg

Join the club Muzzy ... Malter ... thanks for the memories but I will take mine straight.

BTW nice coffee table. 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malter White said:

IMG_20221019_170018.jpg

Why don’t you just make your Netflix password the portagaff jingle?
here to help no thanks required 

• Haha 2