• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

You need one of these Belgian Beer Head Cutter, I have one for some reason 🤔

Everyone should have one 🤣

This beer knife ensures you serve up the perfect beer every time
 The skimming process locks in the beer’s delicious flavors and aromas

20221021_175240.jpg

Stella-Artois_2-768x768.jpg

Yeah.. I knocked the top off with my finger, just before I took a sip.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Another happy customer, I just had the Electrician here replacing the motor in my Rangehood & the fan Ceiling Fan in the office/taproom. He is having a Pale Ale out of the tap & he liked it & I have scored a Stubby holder order 😃

20221021_124524.thumb.jpg.8615839d37eaca179ec49e0d858b0c54.jpg

Geez Phil, you say he's a happy customer - I hope you were to mate. Hope he gave you a generous discount. 🍺😂

2 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

How did it turned out? I just bottled mine today. How long did you ferment it? And what was the OG and FG? Just curious. mine was 13 days in the FV with an OG 1062 and FG 1014

Taste great, did approx 12 day ferment. Yep similar but finished slightly higher. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suspect this keg of Pale Ale would be 1/2 full or less, the reason for the jug it was pouring a little heavy but has seemed to have settled somewhat, I am also surprised how much it has cleared up in the keg. 

When I go back to my fulltime bottling days, I remember the difference in the head on the beers, it is impossible to get a nice even creamy, foamy head like you can in the keg.

Cheers.

20221023_164754.thumb.jpg.bf86e796f4f8387074dc0f8338ad14b5.jpg

20221023_164434.thumb.jpg.573ab9181a1165026e7eddf7eb408efc.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I suspect this keg of Pale Ale would be 1/2 full or less, the reason for the jug it was pouring a little heavy but has seemed to have settled somewhat, I am also surprised how much it has cleared up in the keg. 

When I go back to my fulltime bottling days, I remember the difference in the head on the beers, it is impossible to get a nice even creamy, foamy head like you can in the keg.

Cheers.

20221023_164754.thumb.jpg.bf86e796f4f8387074dc0f8338ad14b5.jpg

20221023_164434.thumb.jpg.573ab9181a1165026e7eddf7eb408efc.jpg

Looks great @Classic Brewing Co

3 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Nearly blown this keg, it’s my AG Kolsch, lucky I made a double batch. 😜😜🍺🍺

Added 120g Hallertau Hops to this during boil, worked a treat. 
Fermented at 18 degrees from memory for around 3 weeks, just trying to locate the recipe and my notes on this one. 

81BD1322-CE21-4129-8A67-899AE21736D3.jpeg

Bloody lovely RD, I love Hallertau Hops for their spicy, herby flavours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Bloody lovely RD, I love Hallertau Hops for their spicy, herby flavours.

Yeah @Classic Brewing Co, one of my favourite hops for sure.

‘Mate came around last night (he’s a mega swill drinker), but said this is the best beer I have made by a country mile, it is nice to get compliments sometimes. 🍺🍺

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah @Classic Brewing Co, one of my favourite hops for sure.

‘Mate came around last night (he’s a mega swill drinker), but said this is the best beer I have made by a country mile, it is nice to get compliments sometimes. 🍺🍺

For sure, I get plenty of traffic through here & a lot of my brews are k & k partials but kegged apart from the leftovers we all bottle & as far as I can see no one has complained but we all know if you compare it with mega swill, it's heaps better.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

For sure, I get plenty of traffic through here & a lot of my brews are k & k partials but kegged apart from the leftovers we all bottle & as far as I can see no one has complained but we all know if you compare it with mega swill, it's heaps better.

Usually around April in my neck of the woods there is a brewing competition at the local pub where you can submit your brews for review, might brew it again and submit a sample next year maybe. I am not really interested too much as I don’t brew for sheep stations or glory, mainly taste, cost and it’s my hobby. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Usually around April in my neck of the woods there is a brewing competition at the local pub where you can submit your brews for review, might brew it again and submit a sample next year maybe. I am not really interested too much as I don’t brew for sheep stations or glory, mainly taste, cost and it’s my hobby. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I say go for it, by the look of the beers you post you would sh** it in, I have only ever entered a couple of times over the years, once I got 5th or 6th for a Pale Ale out of about 70-80 entries but it didn't amount to much as usually it is only 1st & 2nd that really count anyway. It's good fun, I would do it again as we have a couple of organisations here in Adelaide.

If I do it would be an AG beer though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I say go for it, by the look of the beers you post you would sh** it in, I have only ever entered a couple of times over the years, once I got 5th or 6th for a Pale Ale out of about 70-80 entries but it didn't amount to much as usually it is only 1st & 2nd that really count anyway. It's good fun, I would do it again as we have a couple of organisations here in Adelaide.

If I do it would be an AG beer though.

Yes @Classic Brewing Cothat is an AG Kolsch, cheers for the kind words mate. 👍
‘Good to hear you’ve entered a few and done ok yourself.

I have come on in leaps and bounds in AG Brewing, my wife is always telling me I am an attention to detail kind of a guy, which serves me well in my brewing journey. 🍺🍺

Always room for improvement and perfecting our beautiful art. 

• Like 1