Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

12 hours ago, jennyss said:

That is interesting @DavidM, I am finding the same thing with my extract brews : several times now I have checked the SG at day 3 or 4 out of interest, and found that the brew is just about done!

It's not considered "best practice" but yes, I bottle most of my beers between 7 and 10, except for Dark's and high ABV with I leave longer. I have left beers longer than 14 days but could not tell the difference, call me a "Beer Bogan".

As has been said repeatedly, stable readings over two days is the key to "time to bottle".

Many ways to the Top of the Beautiful Brewing Journey. (haven't heard form @Pezzza for awhile)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Malter White said:

I love the Brew A but it's never lasted several months at my place. Do you think the aging improved it markedly, @stquinto?

I have to agree with you Malter I kegged my last lot & it didn't last long, I also got a few litres in bottles too, but they are long gone, I must have got thirsty. It is a great brew.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Malter White said:

I love the Brew A but it's never lasted several months at my place. Do you think the aging improved it markedly, @stquinto?

Hey @Malter White mate, to me it has mellowed out a bit more. It had been quite boozy tasting but I found it softened up a bit. It improved all right, not sure if it’s night and day though. Trying to clear out some stock 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Coopers Vintage 21 (I think that was the year). Marvellous beer. I don’t normally serve it in such a narrow glass but it highlights its reddish colour.

Down to my last dozen I think, the ‘22 is ready but could do with maturing more.

79231FFD-61FF-4FF3-AA70-E9D6DDC713D5.jpeg

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Cutting it very fine - a few bottles of Coopers Pale Ale left; and two days until the next brew, a Coopers Draught, is ready to test!

Yes, the waiting game is what we all have to go through @jennyss I remember we both put down the Coopers Draught about the same time, the only difference is I have been drinking mine for 2 weeks as I kegged it. I also have a few bottles when the keg blows.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

G'day all ye festive Brewers!

The London Pride analogue... couple shots below...

LP line of thinking... but therein a little more ooomph I guess related w more lovely Malt and ABV coming in at the quiet 7.2% sessionable Ale level 🥳

Good Brewing All : )

image.thumb.png.3122d157a197724046550017e4ad552e.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Pezzza said:

LP line of thinking... but therein a little more ooomph I guess related w more lovely Malt and ABV coming in at the quiet 7.2% sessionable Ale level 🥳

That is a couple of Great looking Brews.

Well Done

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pezzza said:

The post is back in all its magnificent glory! 7.2% - sessionable - 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

AG American Pale Ale, first one off the keg.

‘Cloudy as, but bloody lovely. 

20g‘ Hallertau, 15g Cascade, 15g Columbus & 20g Amarillo hops in boil. Dry hop 60g Columbus Day 8. 

‘Fermented with Notty.

‘This is up there with one of the best All Grains I have done. 

CB2274C9-6A41-4786-88BF-F776F30D771D.jpeg

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

AG American Pale Ale, first one off the keg.

‘Cloudy as, but bloody lovely. 

20g‘ Hallertau, 15g Cascade, 15g Columbus & 20g Amarillo hops in boil. Dry hop 60g Columbus Day 8. 

‘Fermented with Notty.

‘This is up there with one of the best All Grains I have done. 

Looks good RD, I like the American Pale Ales, in fact that was my first AG brew, I would do it again, I like your hop profile.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This is Coopers Draught from the keg, I am really enjoying it, no bells & whistles but a good honest beer, as much as I like my Pales/IPA's etc I find this to be extremely satisfying, it is something I could keep making as it is a good beer to have on tap most of the time & it would please most people.

20221111_164642.thumb.jpg.af54055f28f0fee9eee9e02789dc77a8.jpg

Nice looking beer @Classic Brewing Co, legend. 

• Like 2