Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

28 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am enjoying this lovely weather outside & then one of the Neighbour's turns up, but that's OK it is all about sharing & enjoying so that's a good thing. Bring on the Summer. ☀️

20221105_175349.thumb.jpg.f3d376eabc150361736241e1921ad580.jpg

Where's Annie🌞

• Haha 5

My last from this batch (well I had three but their gone now), one of my better Pale Ale's, will have to do this again.

A cracker of an afternoon sitting in the sun on the balcony, after Golf, sucking hard on a few Beer's

Life is good.

20221105_154905.thumb.jpg.5d2290a3f1d5a1535ea61104f6a06b39.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

First try of my Coopers Vintage Ale 22. It is darker than the Original ( so was my Regency Park Ale), nice hoppy bitter, less floral and fresh than the original, 14 days in the bottle. My wife prefers it, I like the real thing more, it’s more complex. Let’s see later how it will taste after 15 days.

89DDD424-9F60-48BF-BF3B-6B40ED092120.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

New Batch of Pale Ale:

Very Nice, Too Easy to Drink..

Dry hoped with Pride of Ringwood 🍻

20221107_163421.thumb.jpg.f65f2d91b172c37ae52d3997c8a45fb6.jpg

What do you think of the PoR dry hop, David?  What are its features?  I have never done a PoR dry hop.  It can be one of the less expensive hops.  So it might be a good way to get some cheaper aroma into a beer.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

What do you think of the PoR dry hop, David?  What are its features?  I have never done a PoR dry hop.  It can be one of the less expensive hops.  So it might be a good way to get some cheaper aroma into a beer.

I use a lot of POR & I have dry hopped a few times, it really does bring something to the beer, as you know Coopers use it in the commercial version of Pale Ale.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I use a lot of POR & I have dry hopped a few times, it really does bring something to the beer, as you know Coopers use it in the commercial version of Pale Ale.

Yes.  But I don't think they dry hop their staple beers with it though.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I'm still playing with Hops, I'm not scientific enough to give you a detailed answer

This one was dry hoped late, day 6, bottled day 8.

Awhile back I dry hoped PoR early and left it for 5 days, not so good.

My more normal use is to add PoR at Flameout and let sit for 20min. also good.

Hope that helps

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I'm still playing with Hops, I'm not scientific enough to give you a detailed answer

This one was dry hoped late, day 6, bottled day 8.

Awhile back I dry hoped PoR early and left it for 5 days, not so good.

My more normal use is to add PoR at Flameout and let sit for 20min. also good.

Hope that helps

David this is not meant to be criticism but I am curious why you would bottle a Pale Ale at day 8.

My personal opinion is Pale Ale is best left for 14 days as it seems to develop more flavour/body & also clear up significantly.

I realise Pale Ale is meant to be hazy, but I am finding mine has been clearing up even more in the bottle, more so with kegging.

I have found the various forms of hopping differ & also the length of time in the FV make a difference in the flavour as even with little as 24 hours some aromatics will have been released into the beer, changing its flavour profile. After 72 hours, all of the essential oils will have been released from the hops. The longer hops stay in the mixture, the more the flavour profile changes as the oils continue to diffuse into the beer. 

I found this article to be very helpful.

https://learningtohomebrew.com/how-long-should-you-dry-hop-bag-pellets-whole/

• Like 2

On 11/1/2022 at 8:39 PM, Malter White said:

I really loved that hairstyle. Unfortunately I no longer have the assets to do it now. 👨‍🦲

Back in those days I owned a hairdressing salon near an army base (ASR Bendigo) and I can do a flat top in my sleep as a result of doing about 30 each day before parade for the enlisted blokes. When I moved to Melbourne I got a few of the "security"  boys from the inner north many of whom made the news as flat top clients. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cult Of One said:

Back in those days I owned a hairdressing salon near an army base (ASR Bendigo) and I can do a flat top in my sleep as a result of doing about 30 each day before parade for the enlisted blokes. When I moved to Melbourne I got a few of the "security"  boys from the inner north many of whom made the news as flat top clients. 

My barber was a guy named Michael. He had very steady hands and did my flat top free hand ie. without a comb as a guide. Which I thought was rather skillful, especially when you consider he had slightly crossed eyes.
I also liked the sign in the shop window - TWO CHAIRS, NO WAITING. And of course I'd walk in and there'd be a couple of blokes getting a haircut and one or two waiting. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

David this is not meant to be criticism but I am curious why you would bottle a Pale Ale at day 8.

My personal opinion is Pale Ale is best left for 14 days as it seems to develop more flavour/body & also clear up significantly.

I realise Pale Ale is meant to be hazy, but I am finding mine has been clearing up even more in the bottle, more so with kegging.

I have found the various forms of hopping differ & also the length of time in the FV make a difference in the flavour as even with little as 24 hours some aromatics will have been released into the beer, changing its flavour profile. After 72 hours, all of the essential oils will have been released from the hops. The longer hops stay in the mixture, the more the flavour profile changes as the oils continue to diffuse into the beer. 

I found this article to be very helpful.

https://learningtohomebrew.com/how-long-should-you-dry-hop-bag-pellets-whole/

No Worries, I've found that most of the brews I do are finished at around day 5, I let them sit till 8 or 9 even 14.  But I find no difference.

Most of my brew are also a Mid Strength at around the 4.2-4.5 (That's a Light for some of You here)

Usually the day I bottle is the Rest day after Golf, so I brew/bottle Thursday and Sunday, depending on what else is going on, so my timing varies.

Clear beer was never my aim but as you can see this beer above is very clear (not as clear as some of the Lager's and Pilsner we see).

Still learning and with hops I'm just guessing, I've done long dry hops and short, some good some not, Flameout is easier, then short hop late. But i'm still trying different things.

I've read a lot and some of it I can follow but others I'm lost..

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

most of the brews I do are finished at around day 5

That is interesting @DavidM, I am finding the same thing with my extract brews : several times now I have checked the SG at day 3 or 4 out of interest, and found that the brew is just about done!

• Like 4

Quite an old Brew A- several months old. The alcohol burn is mellowing out but it’s quite darker than the pictures in the recipe. Really nice drop.
Followed by a Duvel AG clone, but bottled with some F2 yeast. Not Duvel, too malty. I’m thinking of kegging most brews and bottling some with a pressure gun thingie. Anyway, that’s for another day

😁

4A5857BA-0887-480A-9988-B1246A1403D5.jpeg

9D7E9F98-B568-412C-AFE2-00F1481BDE70.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

Quite an old Brew A- several months old. The alcohol burn is mellowing out but it’s quite darker than the pictures in the recipe. Really nice drop.
Followed by a Duvel AG clone, but bottled with some F2 yeast. Not Duvel, too malty. I’m thinking of kegging most brews and bottling some with a pressure gun thingie. Anyway, that’s for another day

😁

4A5857BA-0887-480A-9988-B1246A1403D5.jpeg

9D7E9F98-B568-412C-AFE2-00F1481BDE70.jpeg

I love the Brew A but it's never lasted several months at my place. Do you think the aging improved it markedly, @stquinto?

• Like 2