Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

My Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Subtle citrus aromas.

Similar flavour.  Bitterness fairly well balanced.  It has been a while since I have had a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.  So I do not remember exactly what they taste like.  However, this one tastes pretty close to what I remember.  I guess it should because I took the recipe from their website.  Although I used Maris Otter instead of American Ale Malt. 

I do not brew the same recipe more than once too often.  However, this could be a re-do-er.

IMG_3307.JPG.1b7fa1e721e65947e7bfe6d82e93b575.JPG

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Subtle citrus aromas.

Similar flavour.  Bitterness fairly well balanced.  It has been a while since I have had a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.  So I do not remember exactly what they taste like.  However, this one tastes pretty close to what I remember.  I guess it should because I took the recipe from their website.  Although I used Maris Otter instead of American Ale Malt. 

I do not brew the same recipe more than once too often.  However, this could be a re-do-er.

Looks pretty good Shamus, SNPA is one of my favourite beers. THROTDO. 

• Like 2

Just now, Shamus O'Sean said:

Gee Phil, that's not much more than 1.5 hours. Does not seem an appropriate reward 😁

Alright, seeing tomorrow is Monday & you probably have to go to work (I don't 🤣) let's say next weekend can be a long weekend for you, you can choose whether it is Friday or Monday. No need to thank me.

• Haha 3

First tasting of a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Brewed on the 8th October, cold crashed 20th, and just got back from my trip so I put a pluto gun on the kegzilla just for a bit of quality control. My oh my! Any doubts I had about the last-minute yeast swap (I only had MJ 54 - Californian lager, and not MJ44 - American West Coast ale), or 138g of cascade, have vanished like the morning dew (I know, I should have been a poet…)

Bit darker than yours @Shamus O'Sean, but hey!

I’ll post the recipe up tomorrow if anyone is interested 

D2517048-677F-4522-8FF0-971CDF42A145.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2

FWK, All in brewing IPA that Hoppy gave me

I'm not sure what to make of this beer. It was tasty when i kegged it yesterday but now is a bit grassy. Dry hopped with Cascade and Amarillo. Its really murky too. I guess I'm impatient. Two days in the keg is too short a time to judge.

20221024_152840.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

FWK, All in brewing IPA that Hoppy gave me

I'm not sure what to make of this beer. It was tasty when i kegged it yesterday but now is a bit grassy. Dry hopped with Cascade and Amarillo. Its really murky too. I guess I'm impatient. Two days in the keg is too short a time to judge.

Looks good @Pale Man what is your procedure for carbing the keg, do you whack up the psi to 30-40 for 24 hours ?

I am kegging a beer in the morning & was going to do 30 for 24 hours.

Cheers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks good @Pale Man what is your procedure for carbing the keg, do you whack up the psi to 30-40 for 24 hours ?

I am kegging a beer in the morning & was going to do 30 for 24 hours.

Cheers.

I usually carb at 12 psi for a week and a bit. But this one I chucked on 20 psi as the Hoppster is coming over Wednesday for a crack. I'll leave it on 20 psi tonight aswell and should be carbed enough. 

30 psi for 24 hours should also do the trick. But your beer will be green. I'm used to green beer 😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

I usually carb at 12 psi for a week and a bit. But this one I chucked on 20 psi as the Hoppster is coming over Wednesday for a crack. I'll leave it on 20 psi tonight aswell and should be carbed enough. 

30 psi for 24 hours should also do the trick. But your beer will be green. I'm used to green beer 😆

Yeah, I hear you but as soon as it pours with a head, I am in 🤿 but it does get better each day. Say G'day to Hopman for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Parity Amber Ale

Stashed away a few of these for later..

Now, it's time, 86 days in the bottle, I don't think it got any better!

Great Beer, one of my better ones but the Trendy Trousers Amber that I did after this one, is definitely Better!

Second place in the Amber stakes. Very happy with it.

20221024_161240.thumb.jpg.52d39f00b5b858f1e4e5b2f19303c0bc.jpg

20221024_164449.thumb.jpg.0640da9b10bdba8df4bb78d5c3f32514.jpg

• Like 10

On 10/23/2022 at 9:10 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Subtle citrus aromas.

I’d bet yours tastes better mate. Certainly compared to what we get here. While I’ll always be a fan of the SNPA and would hold them up there as the originator, a recent revisit of the beer left me a little disappointed. Not sure if it’s just because we have such a great variety of beers to choose from these days or imported beers like that just don’t have much life in em by the time they get bere.  Would love to try the beer fresh from the source. 

anyway, Great looking beer and I bet it tastes fab.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks good Stquinta, I should investigate the web for a similar recipe book, I have an old brewing book of his.

I’ll post it for you Phil. It’s a keeper (like my mother in law said to my future wife when she set eyes on me. Or maybe my memory is playing tricks on me…)

• Haha 4