Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

10 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

20210428_092610.jpg

mrs ozd  has just walked out and off to whyalla mate     she hasnt had a feed of blueswimmers for a few years now

i told her they would be eaten by the time she gets there but said i'll make hgim get more for my effort

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well after moving some stuff around in the garage, I’ve stumbled across three big bottles stashed behind the dryer, under some other crud. Three bottles of a stout I made this time last year.  Fairly standard dry Irish type stout but after primary ferment I racked half the batch onto some staves that had been soaking in Irish whiskey. Initially I wasn’t over stoked on them. They were ok but I preferred the non Oaked version. Well after a year of solitary confinement, I can confirm Theyre bloody fantastic. Light roast, light coffee, light oak, light whiskey. Velvety mouthfeel. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, MitchBastard said:

Well after moving some stuff around in the garage, I’ve stumbled across three big bottles stashed behind the dryer, under some other crud. Three bottles of a stout I made this time last year.  Fairly standard dry Irish type stout but after primary ferment I racked half the batch onto some staves that had been soaking in Irish whiskey. Initially I wasn’t over stoked on them. They were ok but I preferred the non Oaked version. Well after a year of solitary confinement, I can confirm Theyre bloody fantastic. Light roast, light coffee, light oak, light whiskey. Velvety mouthfeel. 

IMG_3788.MOV

AWESOME @MitchBastard  a great find, pity there was only 3 bottles. 

• Haha 1

My comparison between two wheat beers.  One standard size batch, split into two craft fermenters.  One done with Lallemand Munich Classic and the other done with Fermentis WB-06.

MUNICH CLASSIC

WB-06

Been in the kegerator a week longer.

Spicier clove aroma.  Just a little more tang in the nose.

Better carbonation in the glass 

Interestingly has a smoother flavour 

Also reviewed this one 10 days ago.  The sourness it had then, that the WB-06 has now, has gone away

Still has a clove aroma, but a bit smoother

Although more foam on pouring, it eased off 

Spicier flavour, with a tinge of sourness.  No banana.  It will be interesting to see if the sourness fades like in the Munich Classic version.

IMG_2377.JPG.d6faf44c683ffc24f9e137c3f7a458a3.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

@Shamus O'Sean where do u get all these cards from?

Hi Jamie,

I make them up myself.  I usually google images of the type of brew I am doing and see if I can find an existing label that I can use as a base.  I add the brew name and the ABV.

I print off a sheet and put the sheet through my $20 K-mart laminator.  Cut up the cards, punch a hole in them, elastic band through the hole and then over the top of the bottles I fill.  It is a bit of phaffing around, but so is a brew day.  I think it adds a nice touch to my bottles.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

My comparison between two wheat beers.  One standard size batch, split into two craft fermenters.  One done with Lallemand Munich Classic and the other done with Fermentis WB-06.

MUNICH CLASSIC

WB-06

Also reviewed this one 10 days ago.  The sourness it had then, that the WB-06 has now, has gone away

Spicier flavour, with a tinge of sourness.  No banana.  It will be interesting to see if the sourness fades like in the Munich Classic version.

WB06 no banana??? I'm truly shocked!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Houdini couldn't get banana out of WB06.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

MUNICH CLASSIC

WB-06

Great looking beers @Shamus O'Sean I love experiments, the craft fermenters are great for that.  Cheers.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Houdini couldn't get banana out of WB06.

I once did the Coopers English Bitter can with the kit yeast.  I brewed it at ambient, which in that case was a bit warm.  It produced lovely banana flavour.  Luckily it suited the beer.

It might be a case for doing a wheat beer with co-fermentation at say 23°C using a sachet of kit yeast and a sachet of WB-06.

Hey @CLASSIC, I feel another experiment coming on.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I once did the Coopers English Bitter can with the kit yeast.  I brewed it at ambient, which in that case was a bit warm.  It produced lovely banana flavour.  Luckily it suited the beer.

It might be a case for doing a wheat beer with co-fermentation at say 23°C using a sachet of kit yeast and a sachet of WB-06.

Hey @CLASSIC, I feel another experiment coming on.

Sounds good, I have 2 brews going at ambient in 30l FV both sitting around 20-22 degrees although the Draught with s-04 is slightly higher.

Today I will be getting stocks for my Mr Beer Craft Kit & I want to crank that up to 11litres - maximum with LME & good yeast.

Tomorrow the Coopers FV 23l will go in the brew fridge with temp control - haven't worked out what yet.

I have been having a lot of luck at ambient for the last few months.

Cheers.

18 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

MUNICH CLASSIC

WB-06

Love the cards @Shamus O'Sean, might give that a go 🤔🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Graubart said:

Changing things up.... herewith on Friday Evening from Graubartigebräu the Hibiscus Pilsner:

image.thumb.png.9edf820b0704352e88dc9f19ebaf0039.png

Graubster, your beer images are a true delight, I for one would definitely sneak into your Ponderosa whilst you are totally consumed in your alcoholic state & nick some of your lovely beers.

But I feel that you would have a 410 or some sort of Shot Gun poking out of your residence window to deter me. Having said that, Cheers Mate.

• Haha 2