Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

10 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

no wooden fence or sun dropping in back ground

Hey Jamie, great looking beer, the good thing is is no Blue Wren droppings in the photo, however it is unlikely that they would be in your kitchen.

Having said that the Graubster does post good photos. Just needs to patrol the fence in case of incoming bird s ....to spoil his portfolio, Joking Graubster Mate,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First pour on the new  Kegerator tonight, my Marmalade Saison with generation III belle, not sure if I am getting any orange, it’s all Saison yeast esters I think. I did ferment at 26 but it is delicious and warming at 6.2% I am very excited to be kegging🤩 and look forward to learning my routine with cleaning etc. It was nice opening the tap and filling the keg. Cheers and have a good weekend 🍻 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

First pour on the new  Kegerator tonight, my Marmalade Saison with generation III belle, not sure if I am getting any orange, it’s all Saison yeast esters I think. I did ferment at 26 but it is delicious and warming at 6.2% I am very excited to be kegging🤩 and look forward to learning my routine with cleaning etc. It was nice opening the tap and filling the keg. Cheers and have a good weekend 🍻 

Woops  forgot the photo🤦🏼‍♂️

CB5314A8-2B4F-40C0-8860-A89235E06604.jpeg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I found 2°C too cold.  It made my teeth numb.  Like an ice-cream headache.  I have mine set on 4°C now.

No worries cheers for the advice will see how it goes only turned it on at lunchtime seems okay at the moment only had 3 beers though see what it’s like when it’s been on for a while. 🙏

• Like 1

@RDT2 you will find what works for you I had mine on 2 or 3 degrees in summer maby need bump up to 4 now but afternoon sun hits mine and warms taps. well done nothing like going to kegging will just need figure out gas time and pressure etc for different beers and depending on.how fast want drink. I prefer set and forget on 12 to 14 psi but just blasted a IPA on 24 psi for 24 hours then dropped back to 14 will give findings when current PA keg blows 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DeviantLogic said:

This was the first time I used BE instead of straight LDM

Have you tried including a Coopers Tin of Wheat Liquid Malt?  If not may be worth considering at some stage... but there are many ways to the top of the mountain ; )

• Like 1

Seemed like an IPA Day today.... and apologies to all brewers who think it should be cloudy... but has been in keg for some time and is tasty.  Nice bitterness but sadly loss of aromatics due to hop fade... was brewed in a pressure vessel and everything smelled amazing (Galaxy) while brewing.... probs better drunk young....  still very taschty tho... and funnily enough the keg just blew 😝

image.thumb.png.a81a7b1b9cfbff4aae659bfd30c2bc0a.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Graubart said:

Wow RD what an Amazeballs colour mate - luvyerwork!!

Thanks man it’s actually quite clear as well after nearly two weeks of cold crashing due to waiting for the kegerator to arrive, i didn’t want to bottle it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Seemed like an IPA Day today.... and apologies to all brewers who think it should be cloudy... but has been in keg for some time and is tasty.  Nice bitterness but sadly loss of aromatics due to hop fade... was brewed in a pressure vessel and everything smelled amazing (Galaxy) while brewing.... probs better drunk young....  still very taschty tho... and funnily enough the keg just blew 😝

image.thumb.png.a81a7b1b9cfbff4aae659bfd30c2bc0a.png

West Coast IPAs can be clear can’t they, I had one in America that was clear, I still dream of that beer it was from the Angel City brewery it was on tap everywhere. I’ve tried to clone it but I have a feeling it was heavily dry hopped with Nelson. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graubart said:

Have you tried including a Coopers Tin of Wheat Liquid Malt?  If not may be worth considering at some stage... but there are many ways to the top of the mountain ; )

I can definitely vouch for that, the Graubster put me on to that a while ago & I haven't looked back, beers have so much more body, it makes an amazing difference. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graubart said:

I haven't tried this. Are there any particular tins you have in mind that go well with the addition of WLM? 🙂

5 minutes ago, DeviantLogic said:

I haven't tried this. Are there any particular tins you have in mind that go well with the addition of WLM? 🙂

Mangrove Jacks have a great range of LME in different size pouches, very easy to get every last drop out. They really do make a difference to your Beer.

19 hours ago, DeviantLogic said:

I'm drinking Coopers Irish Stout. It's okay, but not great. This was the first time I used BE instead of straight LDM and I would not rush to do so again. Very sessionable beer, but a bit light on flavour. 

Well that assessment gives me my direction.  I was tossing up between doing an all grain Irish stout and the Coopers Stout.  Long brew day with AG.  Quick brew (mixing) day with hopped extract.  No doubt the Coopers Irish Stout is quite good.  However, I think I can get to another level with an AG version.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

A bit lively this one

still nice and hoppy though - Coopers Celebration, 4 months in the bottle

AF9A39E8-9C87-40AF-B319-51DF670FA2C9.jpeg

hmmmmmm  i dont mind a good head on a beer   , but  i think thats alittle over the top 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1