Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

34 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

a slight tart taste which not only compliments the bitterness/hops used, but the damn glass is working overtime.

The Tart aspect --> Cidery taste maybe from the cane sugar @CLASSIC Phil?     ... guess some would like... I am happy to pursue the grain not the cane... but the carb drops are probs same so maybe what I am suggesting is all woolly nonsense anyway...  I reckon at the end of the day - what works for each Brewer and their Clients is the biz... and cost-effective is even better : )

Enjoy your festive brews mate, well done on the experimentation and research, and how good are our brews compared to megswillage??!!

Edited by Graubart
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Graubart said:

The Tart aspect --> Cidery taste maybe from the cane sugar @CLASSIC Phil?     ... guess some would like... I am happy to pursue the grain not the cane... but the carb drops are probs same so maybe what I am suggesting is all woolly nonsense anyway...  I reckon at the end of the day - what works for each Brewer and their Clients is the biz... and cost-effective is even better : )

Enjoy your festive brews mate!!

Hey Graubster, I understand what you mean about the cidery taste but in this case it is actually better than the sweet taste I get with carb drops, well in a smaller bottle anyway.

I have got a couple of kit grain packs with the malt/hops etc all ready to go, so I am about to take off to a higher level, Cheers.

• Like 1

AG IPA with a little better carbonation this time...  am enjoying this beer more out of the Schooner rather than the fancy glass... but also may be due to more carbs.

image.thumb.png.d4504832fbf3e6c8947eeedb6130fa23.png

And as for colour... all beers seem to go quite amber w setting sun ; )

• Like 9

On 4/20/2021 at 5:51 PM, CLASSIC said:

Well I have said this before, the valuable help I have had from the more experienced members on this forum has turned my beer making experience totally around.

I cannot believe how good this tastes & pours also head retention than it did a few years ago.  It is bloody great, I cannot thank you guys enough.

If I thought I was qualified to give any newbie advice I would suggest read the topics on this forum, ask questions & follow the advice available

it will take your home brewing experience to the next level.

This is a Pale Ale bottled in a 500ml German style bottle with 2 carb drops with EXTRA MALT/HOPS.

It is only 4 weeks old & I am wrapped. 

Cheers

Phil

20210420_172855 (2).jpg

Just catching up on this thread. @CLASSIC  you have head on your glass, head in your bottle. That is halfway to a great beer. i bet that Pale Ale is delicious. That photo makes me very very thirsty.

27 minutes ago, Graubart said:

AG IPA with a little better carbonation this time...  am enjoying this beer more out of the Schooner rather than the fancy glass... but also may be due to more carbs.

image.thumb.png.d4504832fbf3e6c8947eeedb6130fa23.png

And as for colour... all beers seem to go quite amber w setting sun ; )

That's the clearest IPA ive ever seen GB. No critism I'm betting its delicious. Kegs do seem to clear up when you dont want them to. 

A delicious looking glass, but i'd never pick it for an IPA. The quirks of home brewing.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Just catching up on this thread. @CLASSIC  you have head on your glass, head in your bottle. That is halfway to a great beer. i bet that Pale Ale is delicious. That photo makes me very very thirsty.

Well @Pale Man  Spider person, It really does taste nice & you can probably tell by the colour Malt was added, I enjoy it so much, I am lucky to have a variety of beers bottled ( I will keg one day ) the thing is each brew tastes better & better due to the added adjuncts & I will continue to do so.  I have 4 fermenters going & it is a full time job. Cheers.

5 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Looks nice, I am not fussy about clear beers but isn't a Neipa meant to be like that ? I love hop kick myself.

Has 20% wheat and oats in the grain bill which gives it the haze.

New England IPA: An American IPA with intense fruit flavors and aromas, a soft body, and smooth mouthfeel, and often opaque with substantial haze. Less perceived bitterness than traditional IPAs but always massively hop forward. This emphasis on late hopping, especially dry hopping, with hops with tropical fruit qualities lends the specific ‘juicy’ character for which this style is known. Category 21B

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

as 20% wheat and oats in the grain bill which gives it the haze.

New England IPA: An American IPA with intense fruit flavors and aromas, a soft body, and smooth mouthfeel, and often opaque with substantial haze. Less perceived bitterness than traditional IPAs but always massively hop forward. This emphasis on late hopping, especially dry hopping, with hops with tropical fruit qualities lends the specific ‘juicy’ character for which this style is known. Category 21B

I would definitely drink that.

3 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

And tonight a green neck lager. With a coconut fish curry. About 11 weeks in the bottle and very nice. 5B5E29CF-12B1-4C99-AF15-63013C936FE7.thumb.jpeg.15cc9d0ac132878fecadc62116607f61.jpeg

I trust the Fish Curry has Lemongrass/Chilli/Tumeric & served with Jasmine Rice & Coriander served with A Sauvignon Blanc ? Beer looks nice, but white wine with fish. 😟

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

That's the clearest IPA ive ever seen GB. No critism I'm betting its delicious. Kegs do seem to clear up when you dont want them to. 

A delicious looking glass, but i'd never pick it for an IPA. The quirks of home brewing.

Yeah guess I am not BJCP but it is in that IPA domain and am thinking IPA can be clearly or cloudy anyway?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

I trust the Fish Curry has Lemongrass/Chilli/Tumeric & served with Jasmine Rice & Coriander served with A Sauvignon Blanc ? Beer looks nice, but white wine with fish. 😟

A nice dry Saison perhaps 🤔 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Kiwi Wonder, featuring Riwaka and Kohatu hops. It’s been brewed with Brewers Clarex and as such it is a low gluten beer. SWMBO had a few sips and it didn’t harm her, so that’s a good sign.3C555009-E5FC-4A88-85F0-30C7229AADCF.jpeg

Nice one AK. NZ hops and brewed in Oz - the perfect choice for ANZAC day. Cheers 

• Like 2

Same lush AG Keg IPA different Day different Glass different Light...  same full body, hop wallop and creamy texture ; ) 

Apologies if too clear.... has been in keg for quite a while.... Anyway... herewith:

An ANZAC IPA 👍

image.thumb.png.6440dced7b0fad914ca7e0334d98d181.png

• Like 10

Bright Idea Hazy XPA

Very nice citrus, pine and herbal aroma.
Even more noticeable in the flavour.  Really quite juicy
Bright bitterness, kind of mouth-watering.
Nicely hazy, not clear but not cloudily murky.  You can see how the colour deepens as the glass gets wider.
This is a really nice beer. 9/10, possibly my best beer ever.

Done with the Verdant IPA yeast.  If this has contributed to the fruity flavour, it will be a popular yeast.

IMG_2376.JPG.909f60650aa298fa1dfb660d84bab3ea.JPG

• Like 13

Another beautiful Saison with Pilsner Malt and East Kent Golding. It has amazing head retention, had to pour it slowly to keep it under control, nice and fluffy with a nice Saison twang. Had to put brewing on hold at the moment cause I am getting a keg orator on Thursday 😁 so I have another Saison cold crashing in the brew fridge waiting for the arrival can’t wait feel like a kid again🤣 COVID better not stuff delivery around🤬 587C8358-B1D2-4AB7-A5CA-4841701B70FD.thumb.jpeg.a0de4c7b9eedc412cab6db98e6f9047e.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Graubart said:

Same lush AG Keg IPA different Day different Glass different Light...  same full body, hop wallop and creamy texture ; ) 

Apologies if too clear.... has been in keg for quite a while.... Anyway... herewith:

An ANZAC IPA 👍

image.thumb.png.6440dced7b0fad914ca7e0334d98d181.png

at the going down of the sun we will remember it lest we forget

• Like 1
  • Haha 1