Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

22 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@Barramullafella surprised how good it actually looks you watered it down a bit at 25.5 litres. Your obviously only after a midstrength?

I was  surprised how good it tasted, Jamiek86. I was/am chasing a full bodied beer with an alcohol level around 4%. This seems to be the closest I have come. I am looking for additive, if needed, to give that full body without having to increase malt, or hop taste, and this combination draught + BE2 may be the ticket without needing to add maltodextrin or similar.

2 hours ago, Barramullafella said:

I was  surprised how good it tasted, Jamiek86. I was/am chasing a full bodied beer with an alcohol level around 4%. This seems to be the closest I have come. I am looking for additive, if needed, to give that full body without having to increase malt, or hop taste, and this combination draught + BE2 may be the ticket without needing to add maltodextrin or similar.

I have found that just using either BE 1/2/3 with the 1.7kg extract & supplied yeast it produces an acceptable but somewhat ho hum beer.

Even adding 250gm-500gm of LDM or LDME would in my opinion increase the body.  As you know Dextrose will increase the ABV.

However each brewer will do as he/she pleases until they find the right combination.

Cheers.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2021 at 9:11 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Looks good O' Grey One.

From the keg?  How did the first couple pour?

From memory I threw in half a cup of sugar into the keg - secondary ferment in keg at ambient for 3 weeks at 17-18 ish degrees C - and when I hooked up the Gas it was around 20PSI... and everything went really well...  pretty much from the start... first half a schooner always a little more cloudy on first few mls and frothy coming through the line and then settles down... and seems all good.  Would do the same again unless in dreadful hurry... here I didn't have room in the Keg Freezer anyway... and it's now occupying my brew fridge so will have to drink it first ; )

ALL:  sorry all about the lump of posts following ... Telstra Tower was down for a while so no coverage no internet...  @jamiek86 maybe that helped the quiet a bit? 😬

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 2:37 PM, Green Blob said:

White spirit

Did you make the white spirit yourself Blobski?

Am wondering whether I could use my spent grain to get a bit more out of it.... try to ferment that and then distill off white spirit?

On 4/13/2021 at 3:41 PM, James Lao said:

Does the Munich Classic give any banana?

Was planning on doing a Hefe soonish and I like the banana gear in a wheat, not so mad on the clove flavours though..

Hey mate yeah look to me it tastes like a nice Bavarian style Hefeweizen...

I find it a little hard to differentiate and identify specific banana or clove aroma-and-or-flavours in the Bavarian commercial brands as well.... I think there was something more going on with strong aromas during the rapid frothover ferment maybe a little more quiet now after secondary ferment...  but as a good HW Yeast I would use it again!  

Sorry mate as I really have not answered your question @James Lao JL - but I reckon this yeast is definitely worth a try... and I think the guns say ferment warm for more funk?

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 1

Just now, Green Blob said:

Of course...

Not. It is not allowed unless excise is paid.

Ah yes truly spoken.  I am thinking that I might need to distill some oils off my herbs so maybe that is a another opportunity in the pipeline ; )

3 minutes ago, Norris! said:

Wow that is a quick turnaround, especially for a stout! Kveik? Looks good, how does it taste, green or about right?

Notto, and it is lovely actually. Good mouthfeel, got down to 1.012 or something, 7% +

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

Notto, and it is lovely actually. Good mouthfeel, got down to 1.012 or something, 7% +

Man Nottingham is a beast! Excellent brew and results from the picture.

Because you asked I will test out my carbonation cap just for you and I will get one ready for Graubert, as I told him I would send something down his way...awhile ago....yeah I am that guy always late. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

We use a homeless guy as courier so perhaps he drank it?

I might send it through him. I just bottled a couple, it seemed to go well, we will see how carbonated it is when you all get them. I dont think too much oxygen got in, I purged the bottles and filled so we will see.

• Like 1