Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

Just now, CLASSIC said:

Looks nice Jamie, I just knocked over 2 x PET Classic Bitter's with a mate myself. I realise different recipe & you keg, but similar looking.

this one was bottled I figured I spent so much money on.bottles before decided to keg so should use them sometimes. Also good way to do 2 at once bottle ones brewed at ambient why fridge busy cold crashing.

2 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

this one was bottled I figured I spent so much money on.bottles before decided to keg so should use them sometimes. Also good way to do 2 at once bottle ones brewed at ambient why fridge busy cold crashing.

Sorry just realised you said 6 weeks in bottle. Enjoy, Cheers.

5 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

6 weeks in bottle

• Like 1

IMG_7458.thumb.jpg.a8f104ab2583ab867318625c4a893625.jpg

pale ale kit, kilo and partial done with verdant yeast.

1kg 2 row 60 min mash, 30 min boil, coopers draught can, brew enhancer 2 or 3. cascade, centennial and citra hops (boil), cascade and citra (dry)

still a bit on the fence about using verdant. it does make a very tasty beer, both batches i've done with it have been among my better ones. it's just both times i've used it its left a layer of foam on the top of the FV even after 2 weeks and my bottles get a ring around the neck. none of these are dealbreakers but have occurred over both batches.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Well sipping on my Founders Breakfast Stout Clone,  the flavour is amazing and I feel pretty relaxed after one and a half small 330 ml bottles at over 8%. I don’t think it’s ready yet but I still want more. There is no head retention what’s so ever, I think that might be from the either the coffee, chocolate or cacao nibs as there is what looks like maybe an oil slick. Any one with experience or tips with this would be appreciated as to which one it might be. But to be honest I am enjoying it and will make again. It is really rich but not over the top. Please see recipe and photo of the beer. 

F5922CC7-9F2D-4D1B-B253-C12707466422.png

91ACF5EA-6125-4EFC-AA1C-F9A36D18B133.jpeg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Nice sounding recipe.  Shame about the head retention.

I did the Belgian Chocolate Stout a while back.  It has 100g of Cacao Nibs that you hot steep.  My brew had reasonable head retention.  Maybe the chocolate or coffee beans are more of a factor in your case.

Cheers I will count out Cacao then, it could be the Aldi Coffee I used then, I also used dark cooking chocolate 🍫 ??? It still tastes good though!

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Green Blob said:

My money is on the dark chocolate.

Thanks any suggestions on what to substitute it with eg different type of chocolate, forget about the chocolate, more cacao or cocoa?

Edited by RDT2

22 hours ago, Graubart said:

And this was the last of the tour - of Graubartigebräu's offering... The Hefeweizen... the Lallemand Munich Classic seems a good cloudy wheat beer yeast 🙂

image.thumb.png.420ce981c348bc582dfe5f715620b481.png

Hey GB,

Does the Munich Classic give any banana?

Was planning on doing a Hefe soonish and I like the banana gear in a wheat, not so mad on the clove flavours though..

Cheers

James

Edited by James Lao
  • Thanks 1

Taste test for a Coopers Draught + BE2 + 25.5 lt filtered rainwater at 8 days in the bottle using 6gm white sugar as primer. I am gob-smacked at how well this beer tasted at young age, and having got 34 PET 740ml out of the FV.  It tastes every bit what Coopers describe this beer and I am not sure I can wait 2 weeks before tasting another bottle. Well done Coopers. 

Barramulla Brewery Coopers Draught 1.jpg

• Like 9

Just now, CLASSIC said:

Well done @Barramullafella looks like everything you want in a home brew ! I agree it is hard to wait once you get a taste, but it will improve if you leave it longer. Cheers.

Thanks, Classic but all I did was combine the ingredients with water and nurtured and loved it and kept at 24 deg with swamp cooler 🙂 I have some Dark Ale, and Woolager left to see me over till week 2 taste test lol. Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barramullafella said:

Taste test for a Coopers Draught + BE2 + 25.5 lt filtered rainwater at 8 days in the bottle using 6gm white sugar as primer. I am gob-smacked at how well this beer tasted at young age, and having got 34 PET 740ml out of the FV.  It tastes every bit what Coopers describe this beer and I am not sure I can wait 2 weeks before tasting another bottle. Well done Coopers. 

Barramulla Brewery Coopers Draught 1.jpg

BMF, nice beer and nice labelling. 

• Like 1

Just trying a Country Breer 'Wals Lager'  only been in the bottle for 3.5 weeks - still a bit young but got potential, 2nd pour was a lot better without the small bubbles & a little lacing on the glass.

I am convinced Coopers still come out on top for a basic extract brew compared to this brand as well as Morgan's & the others. I reckon Mangrove Jack's put a little more effort in their kits.

As some of the more learned brewers on this forum have pointed out to me adding Malt Extracts, small grain additions/hops etc  to your brew, it will improve.

A few weeks ago I decided that NO brew I make will be without them as it definitely lifts your beers to the next level.

Cheers

Phil

WALS LAGER.jpg

• Like 5