Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

The last bit of Citra I used had more pine to it than I remember but still nice tropical aromas. It can depend on the crop year and other stuff affecting the flavour but age doesn't help. I had some Amarillo that was really orange like and citrusy and others that were more floral.

• Like 1

Here's a Pale Ale in a Grolsch bottle with 2 carb drops, the sound of the swing top opening was like a Champagne Cork on steroids !!

Beautiful sharp hoppy aroma (POR) & great taste. Isn't that what we want.

In my latest batches I have done some Grolsch bottles with 2 x carb drops & the other half with a full sugar measure of white sugar, it will be interesting to seen the difference.

Cheers.

20210407_150139 (2).jpg

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Here's a Pale Ale in a Grolsch bottle with 2 carb drops, the sound of the swing top opening was like a Champagne Cork on steroids !!

Beautiful sharp hoppy aroma (POR) & great taste. Isn't that what we want.

In my latest batches I have done some Grolsch bottles with 2 x carb drops & the other half with a full sugar measure of white sugar, it will be interesting to seen the difference.

Cheers.

20210407_150139 (2).jpg

Very nice looking beer.  Are to still going to go back to one carb drop instead of two because the result was to sweet.

Just now, Pickles Jones said:

Very nice looking beer.  Are to still going to go back to one carb drop instead of two because the result was to sweet.

I reckon it was at first taste but I don't notice it now, I seem to find a lot depends on the type of glass you pour it in to. This one had a bit of LDME & a hop infusion but from now on all of my brews will have more malt or extract & I can really handle hops, so I will up that too, sorta wipes out the sweeter taste.

• Thanks 1

I reckon for longer storage in half litre swing top one and half way to go sanitized scissors and hands or gloves fresh from packet. I saw post from Pb2 recommend this year's ago to someone in UK. Apparently the UK Beer kits used to not sure if still do came with 40 pint size PET bottles instead of 740ml. The carb drops supplied were still same size as ours. @CLASSIC looks like your doing fine with 2 mate but remember not to let them age too long im sure that you not letting that happen though 🤣

13 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

I reckon for longer storage in half litre swing top one and half way to go sanitized scissors and hands or gloves fresh from packet. I saw post from Pb2 recommend this year's ago to someone in UK. Apparently the UK Beer kits used to not sure if still do came with 40 pint size PET bottles instead of 740ml. The carb drops supplied were still same size as ours. @CLASSIC looks like your doing fine with 2 mate but remember not to let them age too long im sure that you not letting that happen though 🤣

You are right there Jamie, this batch was bottled 15/02/2021 & it's pretty good but I usually do a balance of Glass 750, PET & the Grolsch. It is very hard to leave these alone but I think I will have to drink them within 3 months otherwise 💣

21 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

You are right there Jamie, this batch was bottled 15/02/2021 & it's pretty good but I usually do a balance of Glass 750, PET & the Grolsch. It is very hard to leave these alone but I think I will have to drink them within 3 months otherwise 💣

if u almost made it 2 months that surprising part might even be ok if nice and solid glass.

• Like 1

raised a glass to my other mum who passed away today. ever have that patch of life where you're hanging out with someone so much you have more dinners at their place than your own. lots of good meals and laughs, always a laugh. vale

IMG_7405.thumb.jpg.4f0a026acb1d4f8bd63a5397cc1c73fe.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 9

Just drinking my new batch of Belle Saison bottled on Good Friday just Pilsner malt and east Kent Golding beautiful and clear. I dedicate this glass to Stickers my condolences to you sorry for your loss.

A25BB696-DA71-4610-91F1-5C069981C8CE.jpeg

A6A56431-B926-4F49-BA8B-16D80E296F89.jpeg

• Like 5

86 days pils with 2nd generation dubbya yeast slurry and just under 3 weeks in keg.  still has slight sulphur smell at least unlike week ago not coming through in taste nice and smooth will let it age even more and test weekly.

20210407_215651.jpg

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

86 days pils with 2nd generation dubbya yeast slurry and just under 3 weeks in keg.  still has slight sulphur smell at least unlike week ago not coming through in taste nice and smooth will let it age even more and test weekly.

20210407_215651.jpg

Nice one my last Pilsner had a bit of sulphur in the first week or so then disappeared yes I tried it in the first week🤣

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Nice one my last Pilsner had a bit of sulphur in the first week or so then disappeared yes I tried it in the first week🤣

I try mine every week starting from 1 until think reached a good zone or if have enough stock to get into it.

• Like 1

My Neipa with Azacca and Simcoe over two months old now tastes so good, was fermented with Kveik at 35degrees, my only regret was I didn’t make a big batch, this is the second last bottle🥲

7C7A21E4-F105-4466-AF8F-4E46A8385D8D.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Barramullafella said:

I put root beer into a square cup. All I have now is beer.

Sorry mate i have a bit of OCD. Ol @MUZZY will understand. Plastic Glass??? what is that 🤣

Muzz is ripe on calling lager, larger..........its just one of those things for us OCD sufferers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Pale Man said:

Sorry mate i have a bit of OCD. Ol @MUZZY will understand. Plastic Glass??? what is that 🤣

Muzz is ripe on calling lager, larger..........its just one of those things for us OCD sufferers.

Hey Paley.
Other ones that get to me are  "ATM machines" and "PIN numbers".  That would make them automatic teller machine machines and personal identification number numbers. 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

Hey Paley.
Other ones that get to me are  "ATM machines" and "PIN numbers".  That would make them automatic teller machine machines and personal identification number numbers. 😄 

I had to think about that one Muzz. But it hit me being an OCD sufferer. So then hyphenated, they should be ATMM and PINN. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

the UK Beer kits used to not sure if still do came with 40 pint size PET bottles instead of 740ml. T

Good brown glass Bottles years ago were available from "Boots" the Chemist Chain and they were Pints... they were pretty good glassy boys... probs not as festive as Coopers Largies but still good quality for brewing in ; )

• Like 1