Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

Graubartigebräu Berghaus Brewery's next offering on the festive fencepost... Autumn Amber Ale. 

Gentle delectable amber creaminess, EKG...and this will clear up - very first Pint out of the Keggler... was definitely worth the wait:

image.thumb.png.c6c12f37682981cb3b1996eb1f394f69.png

• Like 11

@Graubart thanks mate I didn't think the 200 gram dextrose would have thinned it too much I think next time I'll try the EB plus malt tin and 500 grams light dry malt. I don't want it coming out much over 5%.

Lucky you got rid of that bat it could have been carrying the Rona.

Congrats on finally having a beer I've actually just bottled an Irish stout with similar ingredients to my next EB and have a good feeling about it.

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Graubartigebräu Berghaus Brewery's next offering on the festive fencepost... Autumn Amber Ale. 

Gentle delectable amber creaminess, EKG...and this will clear up - very first Pint out of the Keggler... was definitely worth the wait:

image.thumb.png.c6c12f37682981cb3b1996eb1f394f69.png

Looks bloody awesome mate. 

• Like 3

And the lovely @Green Blob Blobski inspired Rye - such an amazing creamy texture the Rye adds - think I would add more Rye Malt next time... all the same - it is a lovely more-ish brew.  And am looking forward to the Nitro gassed other mini-keg of the very same brew... if I can get the PSI gas pressures right : |   In the meantime this is a lovely lovely drop:

image.thumb.png.a4de531e8828539e31bdb3ad197f5ceb.png

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Graubart said:

And the lovely @Green Blob Blobski inspired Rye - such an amazing creamy texture the Rye adds - think I would add more Rye Malt next time... all the same - it is a lovely more-ish brew.  And am looking forward to the Nitro gassed other mini-keg of the very same brew... if I can get the PSI gas pressures right : |   In the meantime this is a lovely lovely drop:

image.thumb.png.a4de531e8828539e31bdb3ad197f5ceb.png

Another creation by the Gray Bearded One AKA the Graubster @Graubart looks really nice mate, enjoy & get stuck into the 🦙 I know that's an Alpaca but I couldn't find a lamb. 🍷🍖

• Haha 2

Parity ale in front of the magnolia tree. Gonna have to rake up the flowers pretty soon, should get the kid onto it if I can get the little bugger off the damn x box, or whatever cost me a fortune a cuppla Christmases ago 🥵

6B6CDB48-130B-46C3-A717-80E3927FB32E.jpeg

• Like 7

English Bitter, a few months old, and quite happy with it. 
The other one is a Capital Pils, only a month in the bottle but not too bad. Quite hoppy - the recipe has a good dose. I’m surprised how dark it is, considering it’s only really two cans of 86 in it

74D931E5-3FAF-4E74-BCC9-38EF80516D12.jpeg

CC60DF6D-0949-40D0-B317-2EB46C1DD95C.jpeg

• Like 8

Since I’m on a roll, this one is the Czech Pils, about three months old. Now this one is just about right, lagered enough, will defo go for this again. Lasts about the right time for “Freebird” on the album track, for those of you of the same generation...

38A119F6-965F-4D00-9FD1-C9229BD2D2AB.jpeg

• Like 8

Irish Red Ale, aptly named Leprechaun Blood 😀 dropping some of the roasted barley lightened the beer without compromising on the taste. Lovely brew. I should make it more often. 🍻

47B154EF-EA50-41A2-8DB0-18666511A087.jpegNot the best pic I noticed. How about this one?

90279AB9-A302-46B6-9CC1-958A5733A146.jpeg

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 10

47 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Irish Red Ale, aptly named Leprechaun Blood 😀 dropping some of the roasted barley lightened the beer without compromising on the taste. Lovely brew. I should make it more often. 🍻

47B154EF-EA50-41A2-8DB0-18666511A087.jpegNot the best pic I noticed. How about this one?

90279AB9-A302-46B6-9CC1-958A5733A146.jpeg

Interesting colour @Aussiekraut I haven' t tried anything like that yet, must give it a go.

• Like 2

The beautiful brewing journey continues on Easter Monday 2021 🥳

This one is Penitence Pilsner and apologies for the condensation on the glass... but you get the gist of things ; )

This baby coming in at a meagre 7.3% ABV and is an absolute crisp cracker of a brew 😋

Lots of Wyermann Pils Malt and some Munich and Wheat from Voyager NSW Riverina... Rainwater... Dubbya 34 our old mate... and the reliable Hallertau Mittlefrüh.. Wow...  this beer has some GO in it hahaha!  Reminds me a little of Einbecker Urbock Helles ; )

image.thumb.png.e6b1c47e29e71f5f3ff368ed234baa74.png

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Graubart said:

The beautiful brewing journey continues on Easter Monday 2021 🥳

This one is Penitence Pilsner and apologies for the condensation on the glass... but you get the gist of things ; )

This baby coming in at a meagre 7.3% ABV and is an absolute crisp cracker of a brew 😋

Lots of Wyermann Pils Malt and some Munich and Wheat from Voyager NSW Riverina... Rainwater... Dubbya 34 our old mate... and the reliable Hallertau Mittlefrüh.. Wow...  this beer has some GO in it hahaha!  Reminds me a little of Einbecker Urbock Helles ; )

image.thumb.png.e6b1c47e29e71f5f3ff368ed234baa74.png

Hey Graubster, I trust you had a good day yesterday, looks like if if you are still on the sauce !! 🤣 Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

What are you drinking there @CLASSIC ?

It's a Country Brewer Wal's Lager to the recipe, they have it listed as a Carlton Draught clone;

1.7 Wal's Lager

1kg Brew Booster

12g Willamette (Inf)

I reckon next time I will add 1kg Malt as head retention is not brilliant, nice clean taste ( no CC )

• Like 2

Any of you pundits have an accurate method of determining the ABV on a freshly bottled brew ?

I did Mangrove Jack's Classic Bitter to 23l

BE 1

LDME x 250gm

Supplied yeast x 5gm

The SG was 1040    FG 1016

Yield was

13 x Coopers Longnecks 750ml

14 x Grolsch bottles 450ml

9 x PET bottles 

Total Volume 22.65litres.

I split the mix with either 1 x full measured scoop of white sugar, & 2 x carb drops in the other half.

Cheers