Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

12 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

Nelson Saison

PXL_20210408_043954159.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.7d2ba9301160e607fdc9157f4ccc06c1.jpg

I have a Nelson Saison in the fermenter, your making me feel impatient! Although I feel like I’ve already had a few when looking at your photo  🤪 Looks noice👍 Is that the low alcohol version?

Edited by RDT2

Graubartigebräbrauerei's latest release - the Sunburst Hibiscus Pilsner - in the keggler since 29 Jan and is very mellow, silky smooth and rounded from the 70 days Lagering at 2-3 deg Celsius in the keg freezer. 

Care to be taken at 5.9% being a very easy drinking drop.   I would say that the Mandarina Bavaria and the Hibiscus are not prominent but melded into a lush süffig experience.

Cheers and Good Weekend and Good Brewing All!  🥳

image.thumb.png.ce0e3035ed14de9c8d4b354f8affaea9.png

Mmmm....

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Graubart said:

Graubartigebräbrauerei's latest release - the Sunburst Hibiscus Pilsner - in the keggler since 29 Jan and is very mellow, silky smooth and rounded from the 70 days Lagering at 2-3 deg Celsius in the keg freezer. 

Care to be taken at 5.9% being a very easy drinking drop.   I would say that the Mandarina Bavaria and the Hibiscus are not prominent but melded into a lush süffig experience.

Cheers and Good Weekend and Good Brewing All!  🥳

image.thumb.png.ce0e3035ed14de9c8d4b354f8affaea9.png

Mmmm....

Graubster another creation from the Master, your beer pics always inspire me, as does the beer, I do not have a fence in the country but can put up different pics in my Courtyard. 😟

Aveagoodweekendmate !!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Graubster another creation from the Master, your beer pics always inspire me, as does the beer, I do not have a fence in the country but can put up different pics in my Courtyard. 😟

Aveagoodweekendmate !!

Where was the photo fishing and game collection... you were out there... with beers... need a photo 😋

2 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Where was the photo fishing and game collection... you were out there... with beers... need a photo 😋

OK had a busy day, had to take an old mate shopping & have a few beers with him, but wait, tomorrow I am trying the Mangrove Jacks Classic Bitter & will post on for the hell of it. 😄

• Haha 1

Graubster if I may borrow your expertise for a moment, I have a

1.7 can Coopers Stout

1.5 can Coopers Wheat Malt Extract

Ix 500gm box Coopers LDME

1 x Supplied Yeast

I x Safale s-04

Would you recommend I put the lot in & go for it or make adjustments ? I was going to do 18-20litres.

Your input would be greatly appreciated. 

Ta Phil

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Graubster if I may borrow your expertise for a moment, I have a

1.7 can Coopers Stout

1.5 can Coopers Wheat Malt Extract

Ix 500gm box Coopers LDME

1 x Supplied Yeast

I x Safale s-04

Would you recommend I put the lot in & go for it or make adjustments ? I was going to do 18-20litres.

Your input would be greatly appreciated. 

Ta Phil

In @Graubart's Graubster's absence I say go for it.  I am very interested to hear about the results of using Coopers Wheat Malt Extract in a Stout.  I think a few other brewers on the Forum have one or two going at the moment.  You should get around 6% in 20L or 6.7% in 18L

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

In @Graubart's Graubster's absence I say go for it.  I am very interested to hear about the results of using Coopers Wheat Malt Extract in a Stout.  I think a few other brewers on the Forum have one or two going at the moment.  You should get around 6% in 20L or 6.7% in 18L

Great @Shamus O'Sean thanks for your reply, the owner of the LHBS reckons just the kit yeast but I was interested to see the effects s-04 would have as well.

I will go with 20l as it will yield enough to offset the cost. I will probably get it going this afternoon & will record the progress.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

Keep it warm enough, that yeast can stall and die.

The brew will be done in an ambient temperature of around 20-22 degrees, the room temperature dosen't vary much so I could insulate the FV if required. It actually sits in a cupboard ( usually with the door open ) so I could keep a close watch on it during fermentation as it will sit around 22 degrees unless I connect the heat belt to the Mangrove Jack STC-1000.

I have been told this temp would be safe enough, however I am open to other opinions.

Cheers.

I just tried my Mangrove Jack's CLASSIC BITTER

This is exactly 2 weeks in the bottle, I am a happy camper, Wow what a taste !! I have currently got 2 different batches of this bottled with slightly different additives, if this is any indication of what's to come I will be maturing some of these for a rainy day. I get at first the bitterness, not a lot of malt/hops presence but a lovely after taste.

Should have put 2 bottles in the fridge. 😟

20210410_144424 (2).jpg

20210410_144457 (2).jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

I just tried my Mangrove Jack's CLASSIC BITTER

This is exactly 2 weeks in the bottle, I am a happy camper, Wow what a taste !! I have currently got 2 different batches of this bottled with slightly different additives, if this is any indication of what's to come I will be maturing some of these for a rainy day. I get at first the bitterness, not a lot of malt/hops presence but a lovely after taste.

Should have put 2 bottles in the fridge. 😟

20210410_144424 (2).jpg

20210410_144457 (2).jpg

That does look yummy, Classic. Now I only have 1.5 hrs to go before I knock off for the day and have an ale myself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barramullafella said:

That does look yummy, Classic. Now I only have 1.5 hrs to go before I knock off for the day and have an ale myself.

Hello Old Chap,

I do remember a couple of weeks ago you were p....... off with the Pale Ale pics while you were still at work. I really am sorry but I just cracked something else, a Munich Lager & it's good

but I won't torture you anymore. 😊

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

It does look very tasty Classic. Looks like you’re putting out some good brews lately 👍

@Tone boy  nice of you to say that, I have upped my game even though extract but starting to lean towards the grain additives & extra hops, since I have moved into Liquid Malt Extract I have noticed a hell of a difference. I will add some of the better known 'Gun Brewer's' on this forum have not only motivated me but offered invaluable advice & tips.

I dare not try to name them for the fear of leaving someone out but I am truly grateful as I can see a marked difference over the last few months.

So thanks Guys.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

@Tone boy  nice of you to say that, I have upped my game even though extract but starting to lean towards the grain additives & extra hops, since I have moved into Liquid Malt Extract I have noticed a hell of a difference. I will add some of the better known 'Gun Brewer's' on this forum have not only motivated me but offered invaluable advice & tips.

I dare not try to name them for the fear of leaving someone out but I am truly grateful as I can see a marked difference over the last few months.

So thanks Guys.

Cheers

Phil

I feel the same way Phil. I’m an extract brewer too and adding some hops and grains but have been helped enormously by the beautiful souls on this site. It’s great to see so many people generously giving their knowledge and time. Cheers 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tone boy said:

I feel the same way Phil. I’m an extract brewer too and adding some hops and grains but have been helped enormously by the beautiful souls on this site. It’s great to see so many people generously giving their knowledge and time. Cheers 

It's funny because I called in to my local ( across the road ) at lunchtime which has been a tradition for years with a dozen or so of us & Happy Hour is all day Saturday- $5.00 Pints, I was only drinking West End Draught but the the thing is, I cracked the Classic Bitter when I got home & that was great. I am now having a Pale Ale with added POR hops & it's awesome.

I didn't get that taste sensation at the Pub !!  While I was there they said where have you been ? I said making home brew, they said YUK. I said see you later. 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

The brew will be done in an ambient temperature of around 20-22 degrees, the room temperature dosen't vary much so I could insulate the FV if required. It actually sits in a cupboard ( usually with the door open ) so I could keep a close watch on it during fermentation as it will sit around 22 degrees unless I connect the heat belt to the Mangrove Jack STC-1000.

I have been told this temp would be safe enough, however I am open to other opinions.

Cheers.

I normally ferment it at 22 with no problems I normally use it for my stouts and porters latest stout starts at 1073 and smashed through it, it was the harvested yeast cake though from a 1055 oat meal stout.

• Like 1