Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

Coopers English Bitter tin w' liq. light malt extract. I shouldn't have opened this bottle because it's only been down for 12 days but I couldn't wait to try it as it's the first beer I've ever dry hopped (Cluster).

There is a very nice aroma and flavour difference but with the shortened conditioning time it tastes a bit sharp. I'm sure it will mellow in time and I'll be drinking a pretty good beer.

IMG20210402185905.jpg

• Like 11

Partial 11 Viking Celdorazamos IPA
Citra, Eldorado, Azacca Mosaic IPA with Kveik Voss

This is my 2nd(?) go with Voss Kveik and I definitely think it goes better bottled than in the keg.

This is one from the keg, very orange citrus peel and woody vibe from the Voss for me, maybe overtaking the multitude of hops in the brew perhaps..🤔

Still not a bad drop, but prefer my US-05 IPAs

Cheers legends

James

CBA105EB-D128-4621-A7F3-4A9203DA35BB.jpeg

Edited by James Lao
  • Like 10

Well a bit of science going on here I am drinking my standard Saison with 100% AG Pilsner Malt, East Kent Golding and also had my dad’s Pilsner 86days and black and gold sugar both fermented with Belle Saison mine with controlled temp starting at 22 and rising to 26. His was fermented out of control 🤣 in the shed max temps of 35ish. Mine tastes awesome with some body and a nice Saison citrus tang. His is surprisingly not bad, I thought it would be Saison out of control, not as much body as mine but definitely drinkable maybe not as much flavour as mine, (am I biased???) better than his normal original lager anyway sorry dad🤣 But I must be a real Saison fan cause I like them both. It would be interesting to see his with malt instead of white sugar. Mine is the top one ☝️ 

5F6D567E-671A-4DE0-A1C1-07AEB5214C95.jpeg

D96A5494-5B11-47D4-9344-C6ED225FA78A.jpeg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Well a bit of science going on here I am drinking my standard Saison with 100% AG Pilsner Malt, East Kent Golding and also had my dad’s Pilsner 86days and black and gold sugar both fermented with Belle Saison mine with controlled temp starting at 22 and rising to 26. His was fermented out of control 🤣 in the shed max temps of 35ish. Mine tastes awesome with some body and a nice Saison citrus tang. His is surprisingly not bad, I thought it would be Saison out of control, not as much body as mine but definitely drinkable maybe not as much flavour as mine, (am I biased???) better than his normal original lager anyway sorry dad🤣 But I must be a real Saison fan cause I like them both. It would be interesting to see his with malt instead of white sugar. Mine is the top one ☝️ 

5F6D567E-671A-4DE0-A1C1-07AEB5214C95.jpeg

D96A5494-5B11-47D4-9344-C6ED225FA78A.jpeg

No offence, RDT2, but Dad's beer looks more appealing to me. Maybe the mood lighting has put me off yours a little. I'm sure it's a great beer all the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MUZZY said:

No offence, RDT2, but Dad's beer looks more appealing to me. Maybe the mood lighting has put me off yours a little. I'm sure it's a great beer all the same.

I agree it’s an amazing colour almost glows but mine was poured after two smaller beers were poured from the same bottle.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

An unenviable situation... this gold has all but gone and the next batch is only 6 days in the bottle...     😬

Seems by tomorrow we might be at opposite ends of the Beer Spectrum @BlackSands Sandman... with your 20kg weight loss as additional inspiration I just am finishing 46 days of the Grogs and kept brewing so am relatively well stocked up...  my biggest challenge I perceive will be on which one to start...  well that is saying there are drinkable of course as have not tried any yet at full completion.   All indications are they might be ok as the system has worked pretty well in the past... 

Today you are still ahead of me by miles as you are having a beer - and I am still on the Tea ☹️

image.thumb.png.67ef6b2f267ed26528b4fbd0e9842f12.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Seems by tomorrow we might be at opposite ends of the Beer Spectrum @BlackSands Sandman... with your 20kg weight loss as additional inspiration I just am finishing 46 days of the Grogs and kept brewing so am relatively well stocked up...  my biggest challenge I perceive will be on which one to start...  well that is saying there are drinkable of course as have not tried any yet at full completion.   All indications are they might be ok as the system has worked pretty well in the past... 

Today you are still ahead of me by miles as you are having a beer - and I am still on the Tea ☹️

image.thumb.png.67ef6b2f267ed26528b4fbd0e9842f12.png

Hey Graubster, Grey Bearded One, I am thinking that should be enough for you tomorrow after 46 days abstinence. I reckon if you get an early start you could do some damage to those kegs.

Might be a bit Brahms & List after though. Cheers anyway Fella. 🍺

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Hey Graubster, Grey Bearded One, I am thinking that should be enough for you tomorrow after 46 days abstinence. I reckon if you get an early start you could do some damage to those kegs.

Might be a bit Brahms & List after though. Cheers anyway Fella. 🍺

Hahaha @CLASSIC Phil truly spoken arghhhhaha...  am hydrating today to make sure I am in good shape for tomorrow Midday for kick-off ; )

And after a brief but important discussion with @Aussiekraut AK think I best stay of the Schnappers for a while as well mate and just focus on (hopefully) luverly AG Brew 🤔

Then maybe later I will be still sunnyside up to enjoy a Barossa Shiraz with Roast Lamb (been off the meat as well so am looking fwd to it) which would be good 🥳

1 minute ago, Graubart said:

Hahaha @CLASSIC Phil truly spoken arghhhhaha...  am hydrating today to make sure I am in good shape for tomorrow Midday for kick-off ; )

And after a brief but important discussion with @Aussiekraut AK think I best stay of the Schnappers for a while as well mate and just focus on (hopefully) luverly AG Brew 🤔

Then maybe later I will be still sunnyside up to enjoy a Barossa Shiraz with Roast Lamb (been off the meat as well so am looking fwd to it) which would be good 🥳

You have done well, I forgot about the meat, I have done the Easter Bunny in a "Classic Brine Marinade tm" ready for cooking tomorrow this one is going to be a Slow Roasted style bunny with all of the trimmings, I will put a few photos in the various stages,

Hopefully you can enjoy a 🍷with Roast Lamb after your Beerfest. Chhers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamiek86 said:

@Graubart. I reckon there a good chance after all this time off grog that you will have a couple and be farked lol wake up out at that fence

Hahaha JK am hearing yer mate!   

Yeah mate tho I have lost a few kilos am still a big pudd so don't worry I hopefully will survive a few celebratory quiet ones haha...  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@MUZZY does it hold the head? little disappointed at my EB had the tin of liquid malt and only 200 grams dextrose in 20 litres holds a crap head even though bottles seem properly carbed

I didn't notice any issue with the head but it is only one bottle I've tried so far. I didn't add any dextrose and I made mine to 25 litres. However I doubt those two variations would have any bearing on head retention though. I'm at a loss why yours is suffering.

6 hours ago, MUZZY said:

I didn't notice any issue with the head but it is only one bottle I've tried so far. I didn't add any dextrose and I made mine to 25 litres. However I doubt those two variations would have any bearing on head retention though. I'm at a loss why yours is suffering.

it's nice at start but goes quick maby I need to drink it warmer like a good pom

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@MUZZY does it hold the head? little disappointed at my EB had the tin of liquid malt and only 200 grams dextrose in 20 litres holds a crap head even though bottles seem properly carbed

Try throwing in a kilo of dry malt... BE3? as well as the other stuff... EB Coopers Kit + Liquid Malt + BE3...  failing that... try a Partial Mash maybe JK?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Graubart said:

Try throwing in a kilo of dry malt... BE3? as well as the other stuff... EB Coopers Kit + Liquid Malt + BE3...  failing that... try a Partial Mash maybe JK?

Hey Graubster ... Breaker ... Breaker ... How's the Beer taste after your break ?? Get into it 🍺 😃

Rabbit tonight, post some photos after, Cheers.

• Like 2

Hey there all ye festive Brewers in Aussie and around the world - Happy Easter 2021!

After the 46 day wait and 8 kegs available decided to crack the lowest ABV beer first ; )

image.thumb.png.689c870980872993a247b585783493c9.png

This is: St Pat's Easy Bat 🥳

An easy drinking Lager it was brewed on St Patrick's Day 17 March and I had to chase a Microbat out of the Brewery as wort was on the Boil and the Chief Brewer did not want said Bat him or her going in... no matter how thirsty they were (no far ken idea how they get in)  Mmm and was relatively easy to get this sucker out (not all as easy haha)... 

So St Pat's Easy Bat seemed to work... is lovely and refreshing with a crisp finish and at a miserely 5% was probs a good light beer to start with after the healthy layoff 😝

Cheers all ye festive Brewers!!!

image.thumb.png.e78c4f7e4dcb7ffec64312e16119e7be.png

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Hey Graubster ... Breaker ... Breaker ... How's the Beer taste after your break ?? Get into it 🍺 😃

Rabbit tonight, post some photos after, Cheers.

Cheers @CLASSIC Festive Phil mate!!  Happy Easter and see the above for progress on the beer front haha!

Roast Lamb later w some festive Rustic Rye now cooling... mmm if not fullasagoog from liquid lunch 🥳

Edited by Graubart
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Hey there all ye festive Brewers in Aussie and around the world - Happy Easter 2021!

After the 46 day wait and 8 kegs available decided to crack the lowest ABV beer first ; )

image.thumb.png.689c870980872993a247b585783493c9.png

This is: St Pat's Easy Bat 🥳

An easy drinking Lager it was brewed on St Patrick's Day 17 March and I had to chase a Microbat out of the Brewery as wort was on the Boil and the Chief Brewer did not want said Bat him or her going in... no matter how thirsty they were (no far ken idea how they get in)  Mmm and was relatively easy to get this sucker out (not all as easy haha)... 

So St Pat's Easy Bat seemed to work... is lovely and refreshing with a crisp finish and at a miserely 5% was probs a good light beer to start with after the healthy layoff 😝

Cheers all ye festive Brewers!!!

image.thumb.png.e78c4f7e4dcb7ffec64312e16119e7be.png

Looks Good Graubster, enjoy, you earned it.   Hmmm, Bat Fricassee or Deep Fried Bat with Asparagus the list is endless. 🤮

• Haha 1