Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

The German Weissbier (Munich Classic Wheat Yeast) half of my Hefe Weizen split batch.

Nice haziness.  Good carbonation.  Head retention is okay.  I added 100g of table sugar to the 9.5L in the keg.  It has been conditioning for just on a month.

Noticeable clove aroma.  No banana to speak of.  My independent judges also said a little bit smoky.

Clove flavour, spicy.  There is also a slight sourness, but that could just be the low bitterness poking through the malty and wheaty taste.

I am pretty happy with this beer, especially for my first crack at an all grain wheat beer.

IMG_2373.JPG.2560382572e201de97d9ba3d66e02aed.JPG

• Like 13

All Grain XPA courtesy of @Hoppy81

He chucked me a taster.

Bloody delicious. Malts and hops meld in together to make a very easy drinking but very tasty beer. My wife is not a beer drinker but said she would have this anytime. That to me is a gauge of how good a beer is.

20210419_203259.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Another of Hoppys beers. All Grain Lager. 

Unbelievably delicious. The boy needs to give this a name. It's fckin* dangerous at 5.8%. 

There's clean, tasty malts in this one, with a beautiful something on the palate that a normal boring lager doesnt deliver. Delicious lager with a kick for sure. I'd just knocked off from work and Hoppy thought he'd treat me since I'm so hard working. 

20210419_203421.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well I have said this before, the valuable help I have had from the more experienced members on this forum has turned my beer making experience totally around.

I cannot believe how good this tastes & pours also head retention than it did a few years ago.  It is bloody great, I cannot thank you guys enough.

If I thought I was qualified to give any newbie advice I would suggest read the topics on this forum, ask questions & follow the advice available

it will take your home brewing experience to the next level.

This is a Pale Ale bottled in a 500ml German style bottle with 2 carb drops with EXTRA MALT/HOPS.

It is only 4 weeks old & I am wrapped. 

Cheers

Phil

20210420_172855 (2).jpg

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, Stickers said:

looks tasty, nice work 🍻

Cheers, I realise the Ag Brewers/ Partials etc would be on the next floor, however I am slowly working up the ladder, I don't mind bottling & all that It is all part of the journey.

But I am going to move in to the extra effort soon & I can see daylight as some of the images posted on here are awesome.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Graubart said:

50:50 Malt Bill QK?

Did you sprinkle or use a starter?

Looks nice - keg or bottle?  whatever it is.... looks the goods ; )

Hey Graubart, pretty much 50/50 plus some melanoidin and oats. Just sprinkled and  bottled.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2021 at 6:48 PM, Graubart said:

Honestly mate I brewed KnK for many many years and then when I had the time and headspace to look at improving - I fortunately got onto this our Coopers Brewing Sociability site - and it has been legendary... And I wanted to go to brewing with only malt hops water and yeast... so just started to phase in dry malt and then liquid malt and then eventually AG... I have read plenty and looked into things as best I could... but this site has been absolutely essential... and then you see some of the Brewers I sorta started out with on the site like @MitchBastard award winning Mitchie and I go wow - how far have they gone forward in brewing 👍

Too kind mate, too kind 😂

• Like 1

I went to Thirsty Camel to browse the Craft Beer Specials, these are reduced to $2.00 each, they had 6 left so I bought them all. Upon opening you get a wonderful hop aroma but I think it would take a bit of getting used to, at 7% ABV the flavour is lost by the taste of alcohol - to me it tastes more like a bitter than an IPA but I can't complain it was 2 bucks.

A West Coast IPA that packs a punch. That’s right, our Union Jack is a big, bold IPA that’s full of flavor and is not for the weak. At 7% ABV, this beer stands out amongst the crowd. There is no shortage of styles of IPAs, from session IPAs, hazy IPAs, Brut IPAs, Double IPAs and so on, a classic West Coast style is what helped catapult this category to being the go-to beer.
But let’s take a step back. The year was 2007 and light lagers ruled the beer world, until suddenly, a hoppy, bitter beer known as an India Pale Ale emerged and quickly became craft beer’s darling. Enter Union Jack. While it wasn’t the first widely available IPA on the market, it certainly had a large impact on shaping the world of beer. With notes of grapefruit, pine and tangerine, this beer was jammed with hoppy flavors and stood out amongst the rest.

20210422_141946 (2).jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Yep that looks pretty good, it must be cold where you are, nothing wrong with a fire. 🥶

Phil it is really cold today. I live in a very old house and my only heating is the wood fire. I’m lucky enough to be able to cut all my own firewood so I get it cranked up when we get a cool spell. Nothing like a wood fire to warm the bones. Cheers 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tone boy said:

Phil it is really cold today. I live in a very old house and my only heating is the wood fire. I’m lucky enough to be able to cut all my own firewood so I get it cranked up when we get a cool spell. Nothing like a wood fire to warm the bones. Cheers 

I totally agree, some of the houses I have lived in over the years have had log fires, unfortunately unless you are blessed with a combustion/pot belly style stove, we are forced to pay the rip off merchants for power/gas etc. Having said that I am still grateful to have a roof over my head in a safe environment. 

But there is nothing as good as relaxing looking at flames in the cold weather. Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stickers said:

had that horrible moment on the train into work where i realised i've got 100+ full bottles in the cupboard.. and only 2 in the fridge. might have a scotch later 🍻

As soon as you get home wrap the warm bottles in damp kitchen towel. Put in the freezer. Shower and change into the comfy clothes. By that time about 20 mins would have elapsed. Out of the freezer and enjoy!!!

Edited by Greeny1525229549
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1