Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

54 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

150 Lashes Clone vs Commercial Version 

‘One in the Pike Glass is the commercial version.

‘One in the Man Utd glass is my clone.

Mine has come out a little darker, but taste wise there’s not much difference 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

1F31E157-B31C-480F-8CE1-E641C2E3BE55.jpeg

Pretty good effort @Red devil 44  Dark, Cloudy whatever it's a beer & it's good, who cares. 😃

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

@CLASSIC Nice looking beer, glasses and drip tray mate 👍

Cheers RD I picked up that drip tray yesterday from a LHBS who took over old stock from a former Home Brew Shop he used to supply, he has boxes full of Stainless Steel trays as well, all new.

Glasses I have millions of & oh yes, the beer does taste nice. Cheers.

34 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Cheers RD I picked up that drip tray yesterday from a LHBS who took over old stock from a former Home Brew Shop he used to supply, he has boxes full of Stainless Steel trays as well, all new.

Glasses I have millions of & oh yes, the beer does taste nice. Cheers.

What’s his price on the steel trays ? 

4 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

What’s his price on the steel trays ? 

He isn't charging much it is clearance stock, if you send me a personal message I will give you his Number/Details etc, he may take some photos give you the measurements.

Otherwise ring Bill  08 8369 3649   brewmaker.com.au   brewmaker@esc.net.au

• Like 1

A Mangrove Jack Classic Bitter done in the Craft Kit 4 weeks in the bottle, not bad makes a pleasant change but as much as I still have to bottle in some PET bottles, I am leaning towards glass more, especially the 450ml Grolsch & German Style 500ml bottles, Coopers Longnecks are fine as well. 

If this beer last long enough it should age well. 🙄

20210502_153028 (2).jpg

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Nice glass. I’ve got one of those! What did you make of the deuce? Would you do it again?

Cheers Tone.  This was my all grain recipe that I called Deuce.  I did not realise that Coopers have their own Deuce Lager.  Is that the recipe you thought I meant?  I have not made that one.  The two recipes have no relationship, other than sharing a name. 

I would make my all grain one again.  But there are still so many recipes and only so much beer I can drink.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, stquinto said:

A bit lively this one

still nice and hoppy though - Coopers Celebration, 4 months in the bottle

Maybe overcarbonation, maybe diastaticus.  Search for it on the Forum.  There is a topic thread dedicated to it.  Done any Saisons lately, specially with harvested yeast?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Cheers Shamus, it is pretty good, given that it is only a can of Extract 1.3kg with 250kg LDME & of course supplied yeast.

Agreed.  Your stories and pictures make me want to revisit some of those extract only brews. so I can better appreciate what Coopers has created for us in the cans.

• Like 2

Tanqueray and tonic (half-and-half) for a change. Had to go for an alternative to beer, had a gout attack 😳🤪

Maybe I’ve been overdoing the liver and seafood 🤔

Naturally SWMBO’s reaction was “told you so!”

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

A Mangrove Jack Classic Bitter done in the Craft Kit 4 weeks in the bottle, not bad makes a pleasant change but as much as I still have to bottle in some PET bottles, I am leaning towards glass more, especially the 450ml Grolsch & German Style 500ml bottles, Coopers Longnecks are fine as well. 

If this beer last long enough it should age well. 🙄

20210502_153028 (2).jpg

I’m with you on the glass Phil- I use mainly Belgian Duvel bottles (33cls), some 1/2 litre English ale ones, and a few swingers. Plus these: 600gm 75cl. Could start a revolution if you filled’em with petrol 🤣1DF41538-D607-4B37-A952-3FD8DDFC0078.thumb.jpeg.108f0de5565016d6e2e34c6b64e017b4.jpeg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I did not realise that Coopers have their own Deuce Lager.  Is that the recipe you thought I meant? 

Yes Shamus that is the one I had in mind...Glad yours turned out well. Agree there are so many recipes, so little time

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Agreed.  Your stories and pictures make me want to revisit some of those extract only brews. so I can better appreciate what Coopers has created for us in the cans.

Cheers, I agree Shamus, it certainly is very easy to make beer these days as it is all done for you, but as we have all said that is only a foundation to build on - enter grain, malt, hop additions.
I love experimenting with different brands, types & also make as many different beers as I can.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stquinto said:

I’m with you on the glass Phil- I use mainly Belgian Duvel bottles (33cls), some 1/2 litre English ale ones, and a few swingers. Plus these: 600gm 75cl. Could start a revolution if you filled’em with petrol 🤣1DF41538-D607-4B37-A952-3FD8DDFC0078.thumb.jpeg.108f0de5565016d6e2e34c6b64e017b4.jpeg

Rather fill them with beer & then drink them.

• Haha 2

Further to my 150 Lashes Clone, this beers going down really well, fermented in my Fermzilla @30PSI.

‘For a Kit & Kilo kit this is up there with one of the best I have done. Fermzilla to keg was 8 days, perfect carbonation 👌

I can highly recommend this Kit to all the K & K guys out there.

‘Give it a whirl lads 🍻🍻

‘Cheers RD44

082EA68B-8038-4D56-88AC-1BA8488F7E3D.jpeg

879E4A22-A0B1-42AA-925E-296FED83F73D.jpeg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Further to my 150 Lashes Clone, this beers going down really well, fermented in my Fermzilla @30PSI.

‘For a Kit & Kilo kit this is up there with one of the best I have done. Fermzilla to keg was 8 days, perfect carbonation 👌

I can highly recommend this Kit to all the K & K guys out there.

‘Give it a whirl lads 🍻🍻

‘Cheers RD44

Worth knowing RD, looks good, I will try it. Cheers.

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2021 at 7:26 PM, DeviantLogic said:

I haven't tried this. Are there any particular tins you have in mind that go well with the addition of WLM? 🙂

I would try Coopers Liquid Wheat to begin with ; )  and really any Coopers Ale Kits....  Real Ale, Pale Ale, Dark Ale, Stout... And I would add as well as, a kilo of Coops dry Malt - BE3 I think it is... 

The Coops Kit + Wheat liq malt extract + BE3 will deliver you nice mouthfeel, head, and head retention... in 23L or so... your normal volume... and 18 deg - and maybe be careful - might need the kraussen collar as it might be a bit of a frothy ferment... 

That liquid wheat malt will be the best twelve bux you have spent for a while : )

But then again - there are many ways to the top of the mountain.

I think it is definitely worth a go though @DeviantLogic DL.

image.thumb.png.facead7f16c29b72d7867c5bc567f863.png

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 5:30 AM, stquinto said:

A bit lively this one

still nice and hoppy though - Coopers Celebration, 4 months in the bottle

AF9A39E8-9C87-40AF-B319-51DF670FA2C9.jpeg

Looks like a scene out of Gremlins🤣

• Haha 3

On 5/2/2021 at 1:22 PM, Red devil 44 said:

150 Lashes Clone vs Commercial Version 

Red a quick question for you esp as you are the King of Kegging and the Guru of Beer Gas - mate the commercial on the left has a nice set of rising bubbles.  Yours on the right does not appear to have the rising bubbles.  I suspect yours does taste good - I am just interested in that 'rising bubble phenomenon'... As you can see in this Amber Ale below  - and which looks good.  Not long after - a few weeks - with my keg on around 18PSI I reckon I went into over-carb territory - maybe as the keg fill volume reduced too... And at the moment - though the Amber tastes great - I am not getting that rising set of bubbles thing happening...  and was having foaming on the pour.  

So it seems to me that there is a stage in the keg when the below happens really well... but as the volume of beer reduces in the keg... that it is easier to overcarb... and then pouring with an overcarb does not generate the below bubble column Fest... 

Any suggestions @Red devil 44 Reddler - and any other Keg Lords - suggestions - most welcome... 

image.thumb.png.86a41448ff5bc24e9d50dc9a4b15af0b.png

• Like 2