Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

OK, first the new Grolsch Glasses work & this is the Mangrove Jacks Classic Bitter I bottled on the 5th April with the 2 x full measures of white sugar. @Barramullafella

It is actually great, good carbonation & I think some of the bitterness is lost due to the sugar as I didn't add hops either, next time I will add hops & it should sort it.

Cheers

20210507_135744 (2).jpg

• Like 7

not exactly  drinking at the moment as  these beers are still in the brewery fermenter    so will recieve a 4 pack next friday or following tuesday at the latesthappytears1080x1080_v1_360x.jpg.db81d305e36f1460b81ffd65ea3e0533.jpg

happy tears west coast ipa from blackmans brewry in torquay

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

OK, first the new Grolsch Glasses work & this is the Mangrove Jacks Classic Bitter I bottled on the 5th April with the 2 x full measures of white sugar. @Barramullafella

Is that a PET and you used 2 full teaspoons = 8gm [approx] ? I may try the 2 level teaspoons too to see how it goes, if that is what ya saying, Classic.

1 minute ago, Barramullafella said:

Is that a PET and you used 2 full teaspoons = 8gm [approx] ? I may try the 2 level teaspoons too to see how it goes, if that is what ya saying, Classic.

It is a Brigalow Sugar Measure with 2 ends,  1with 1 teaspoon the other with 2. Yes it is a PET, I also bottled in Coopers Longnecks & Grolsch Bottles 450ml.

brigalow-sugar-measure_2.jpg

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

not exactly  drinking at the moment as  these beers are still in the brewery fermenter    so will recieve a 4 pack next friday or following tuesday at the latesthappytears1080x1080_v1_360x.jpg.db81d305e36f1460b81ffd65ea3e0533.jpg

happy tears west coast ipa from blackmans brewry in torquay

Does that mean you have tried it before or is this a special order for you 🤣  only joking, there are that many craft breweries around these days & more popping up everywhere.

Surely there must come a time when the market will struggle & only the strongest will survive.

14 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

It is a Brigalow Sugar Measure with 2 ends,  1with 1 teaspoon the other with 2. Yes it is a PET, I also bottled in Coopers Longnecks & Grolsch Bottles 450ml.

brigalow-sugar-measure_2.jpg

I thort the measurements on this above was 1 teaspoon and 1/2 teaspoon. I will need to look at one.

53 minutes ago, Barramullafella said:

I thort the measurements on this above was 1 teaspoon and 1/2 teaspoon. I will need to look at one.

Yes but I used 2 scoops x 1 teaspoon. I have a small funnel which I sometimes use with the 3 way measure scoop - same thing with this 2 scoops

Marked for three separate measures (0.33, 0.5, 0.75) for three separate bottle sizes (330ml, 500ml, 750ml).

Cheers.

3 Way Sugar Measurer / Scoop - Mad Millie

Things got a bit busy last night so am posting this only now... 'tis the Hibiscus Pilsner ; )

Pretty much a 5.9% ABV AG Pilsner with an Organic Hibiscus Steep at FO and lagering for three months in keg freezer. 

image.thumb.png.8a75038131cb1cdf177d3f1adc550385.png

• Like 10

It must be my lucky week for bargains, Dan Murphy's have a clearance barrel of discontinued craft beers from all over the world at different barrels, I grabbed about a dozen of these for $1.00 ea.

An Ale made in India described as ...  A beautifully refreshing summer ale this kolsch style beer has a delicate balance between fruity aromas and subtle bitterness.

It is nothing to write home about but a good fridge filler.

Cheers.

20210508_135919 (2).jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Graubart said:

Things got a bit busy last night so am posting this only now... 'tis the Hibiscus Pilsner ; )

Pretty much a 5.9% ABV AG Pilsner with an Organic Hibiscus Steep at FO and lagering for three months in keg freezer. 

image.thumb.png.8a75038131cb1cdf177d3f1adc550385.png

Hey Graubster, The beer looks magnificent, like a proud, majestic almost phallic thing of beauty shooting upwards towards the skies - with bird sh.. on the fence.

Come on old boy drape a bar towel over the rails or something to compliment your masterpiece.

Only joking mate, beer looks great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought I would sneak a try of the Stout with added Wheat Malt Extract etc, it was bottled on 26th April, I am surprised it tastes as good as it does so early, however I feel it will age well.

This was with 2 x carb drops, I did others with 2 x tsp sugar & also same measure in Grolsch bottles 450ml.

Anyway I am happy with the preview, so Cheers. 🤪

20210508_165110 (2).jpg

• Like 12

This is my Verdant IPA with Citra, Simcoe and Mosaic. Maris Otter, Munich, Caramalt and wheat.

Loving the vanillary esters / flavour from this yeast!

Still let’s the hops come through, not muted at all.

It is a hazy beast though, not as murky as  Kveik, I think it will clear if it had enough time in the keg.

But I don’t normally give them so much time unless I am working away too much.

Anyway cheers everyone Happy Satdy 👍🍺

James

Edited by James Lao
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Looks nice, Classic.  Can you taste the wheat malt through the stout?

Hey Shamus, you know what I actually can taste a distinct difference to the normal Stout taste, it really is there, so far I haven't figured how to describe it but I like it.

Given the age of the drink, it still leaves a nice aftertaste & I know this will get better.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Coopers 2020 Vintage Ale.  Side-by-side taste test.  I also did this about two months ago.

Mine has wood and pine aromas. The commercial has a bit of citrus too.

Woody, earthy flavour. Some smokiness. Piney slightly fruity aftertaste. Good bitterness. Good carbonation but virtually zero head retention. 7.5/10.

Commercial is similar all round but smoother. The smoky flavour lingers.

I am happy with how close these are to each other.  But their differences are noticeable too.

Photo on keg and cube cleaning day.  I had litres of sodium percarbonate and StellaSan flying all over the place.

IMG_2408.JPG.c2ac70a756715c62e91103c6a06059ec.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG.618a804d72591af201d79bbbd9a8ff74.JPG

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1