Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

13 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

How close it if to the original beer @Classic Brewing Co?

nice looking brew 👍

Cheers @Tone boy If I had to choose I would say the Grolsch bottles delivered the goods a little better than the Longnecks, I am very happy with it, to me it is very close to the original but I reckon mine has more of a hop bite & better head retention. My visitors like it so I have to be careful but I have another bottled so it's all OK.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 8:17 AM, disgruntled said:

This was supposed to be red, but is more amber. I probably should start using finings again.
Lovely though, rye, caraaroma and lots of hops with a saison yeast.

PXL_20211029_061257794.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.c296e4f11778c7edc95d658701f15f1d.jpg

Looks a blinder mate, solid head, pretty awesome. I’ve started using finings again, I managed to source recently 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This is the same brew as above _ Mountain Goat Pale Ale but from a Longneck, the Swingtops were carbed up nicely & I was worried these would be lagging but they are also OK. Cheers.

Looks like a fine brew for the beer garden Phil 👍

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

Looks impressive- did you tweak the recipe at all? Extra hops etc?

Yes, added 15g of Wakatu NZ Hops with a 15min boil

Staring small and slow as I learn what will happen as I change things.🙂

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Yesterday Arvo's laaarvely Bavarian Hefeweizen yummo and even got some dare I say it elusive Banana-ish thing going on ; )

And am happy with Lally Munich Classic good HW yeast 👍

Definitely is a good yeast fella, which reminds me. I must start planning another Hefe for summer.

• Like 3

MJ Mexican Lager, definitely not my favourite, to me Lagers have no real lingering flavours, I won't be making this again, I much prefer Ales/IPA's etc, they seem to have a freshness about them. This is drinkable but nothing like the hoppy, fruity Ales I have been making. It might be better in the colder months. Cheers.

1134448732_MEXICANLAGER.thumb.jpg.3fdf885fcaaaf017cbf9d4a85e2d0051.jpg

• Like 7

IMG_8646.thumb.jpg.ff802cf63d3e98509988e3320bf99cd0.jpg

as a little experiment i did one straight up kit and kilo, one toucan and one kit kilo and partial to see whether the extra effort and time was worth it. i can answer my own challenge for my own tastes by saying yes, the time and effort adding a 1kg partial to a kit and kilo makes a world of difference. taste, head, body, lacing, everything improved. the toucan though was a close second on the taste front, it just didn't quite have the same presence that i'm getting with the partial approach.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Stickers said:

IMG_8646.thumb.jpg.ff802cf63d3e98509988e3320bf99cd0.jpg

as a little experiment i did one straight up kit and kilo, one toucan and one kit kilo and partial to see whether the extra effort and time was worth it. i can answer my own challenge for my own tastes by saying yes, the time and effort adding a 1kg partial to a kit and kilo makes a world of difference. taste, head, body, lacing, everything improved. the toucan though was a close second on the taste front, it just didn't quite have the same presence that i'm getting with the partial approach.

Fresh grains definitely add another dimension to a beer. I could never get rid of that so called kit twang until i started partial mashing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tone boy said:

Channeling the great man once again with a fence photo. Coopers lager partial. Last soldier from that batch. I’m with you Stick, the extra effort for a partial is worth it..

87627206-0C63-4A3D-8E44-18132DC3D06F.thumb.jpeg.10ad439b44c233c8f076969f5201f518.jpeg

That looks like a great setting @Tone boy     almost American Wild West 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pickles Jones said:

Good to see the differences.  What was kit and what was kilo you used.  And what two cans did you use in the Toucan.

toucan was really tasty but not a lot of head from the pour and and what did dissipated quickly. lager and amber extract cans with 500g of light dry malt and 2x R007 yeast packets. straight up kit and kilo was mex cerveza with be2.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1