Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

Wow this is seriously good, I need to start exploring recipes to make something like this, I agree with all of the comments below.

I did a bulk buy recently with various Weihenstephan Beers with bonus steins & glasses at a promo in a Liquor store.

Brewery: Weihenstephan

Style: Hefe Dunkel

Format: 500ml Bottle

ABV: 5.3%

''Dunkelweizens' or dark wheat lagers, combine fruity and spicy characteristics of a Hefeweizen with the rich, malty characters of Bavarian dark beers. A superb example of the genre, Wehenstephan Dunkel is soft, malty and full-bodied. This beers great strength is its balance. Pairs excellently with hearty meals.

20211111_172331.thumb.jpg.9ef92c65c69404d6396586b190e0275e.jpg

• Like 8

Flanders Red Ale. This is the 4th batch bottled a couple of months ago and I have yet to nail the style. Either too much sour or too much brett or not enough sour or not enough brett. Anyway this one is very drinkable but I have set the bar very high. Sour is decent but lacking a little. Brett similar. It's there but not enough. This one is about 8 months old

20211112_214910.jpg

• Like 12

On 11/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Wow this is seriously good, I need to start exploring recipes to make something like this, I agree with all of the comments below.

I did a bulk buy recently with various Weihenstephan Beers with bonus steins & glasses at a promo in a Liquor store.

Brewery: Weihenstephan

Style: Hefe Dunkel

''Dunkelweizens' or dark wheat lagers, combine fruity and spicy characteristics of a Hefeweizen with the rich, malty characters of Bavarian dark beers. A superb example of the genre, Wehenstephan Dunkel is soft, malty and full-bodied. This beers great strength is its balance. Pairs excellently with hearty meals.

Here's one of my HW Dunkels Phil @Classic Brewing Co from a a few months ago... Winter beer (like right now?😏)... looks a bit darker than the WSteph one... was creamy rich chocolatey n taschty : )

image.thumb.png.9c4f41a5dd66bad8a1b3b2a362514d28.png

Spring?

image.png.1d24f2639cd27050f469837a54a9b346.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Here's one of my HW Dunkels Phil @Classic Brewing Co from a a few months ago... Winter beer (like right now?😏)... looks a bit darker than the WSteph one... was creamy rich chocolatey n taschty : )

Very nice I do love the taste of all of those, I am going to try & make something similar, Cheers IP.

• Like 2

The last time I had a commercial Theakston's Old Peculiar festive Dark Ale it was at The Lion Inn, Blakey Ridge, Kirkbymoorside in North Yorkshire... the weather is providing a similar scenario at present so I guess it is time to enjoy the lovely all grain TOP2_Theaksty Old Pec Clone Number 2 🏴‍☠️

A bit incongruous in the Deutsche Bundesdruckerei glass... but hey waddyado when all yer straight pint glasses are broken 😜

image.thumb.png.0cfb66152da3f4af3cfd72841cb2b033.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Weihenstephaner Festbier

Hers's one I haven't tried before from the Weihenstephaner range, very nice. 👍

This is a slightly stronger, fest-friendly lager that pours a clear pale-gold with a small, but beautifully clean white head. Those trademark German-lager aromas of grassy, herbal hops and grainy, bready malts are there, but, as the beer warms slightly, it’s the fruity zing of extra hops that becomes apparent on the nose – and is immediately noticeable on the palate. Indeed, the Festbier’s hops deliver a lingering, and quite delicious, honey, citrus fruit and spice aftertaste; making the brew highly drinkable but much more flavoursome than a simple quaffer.

20211113_173200.thumb.jpg.4a7475e89ac8c307221ef482d6f5bceb.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Weihenstephaner Festbier

Hers's one I haven't tried before from the Weihenstephaner range, very nice. 👍

This is a slightly stronger, fest-friendly lager that pours a clear pale-gold with a small, but beautifully clean white head. Those trademark German-lager aromas of grassy, herbal hops and grainy, bready malts are there, but, as the beer warms slightly, it’s the fruity zing of extra hops that becomes apparent on the nose – and is immediately noticeable on the palate. Indeed, the Festbier’s hops deliver a lingering, and quite delicious, honey, citrus fruit and spice aftertaste; making the brew highly drinkable but much more flavoursome than a simple quaffer.

20211113_173200.thumb.jpg.4a7475e89ac8c307221ef482d6f5bceb.jpg

I have never seen that one, but I will be on the lookout for it. The oldest brewery in the world makes some very fine beers.

• Like 2