Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

9 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Hey all

my "ALL Inn double hopped IPA  known as the Stronghold Assasin"

i'm not overly impressed with this beer at all but i am growing to it slowly

i love the colour and the nice  white head

used us-05 for the yeast.

abv is around 5% 

Fine looking drink OD nice white head, nice plant in the background but you used the bin as a background, next time I expect to see a clean cloth on a table for the backdrop. 😁🍻

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Fine looking drink OD nice white head, nice plant in the background but you used the bin as a background, next time I expect to see a clean cloth on a table for the backdrop. 😁🍻

you need to go to specsavers    i had the beer sitting on a bbq lid which was sitting on the bbq

I'll see what i can do for next time about a clean cloth  on a table   

😀

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

Any late additions?

That’s my question. If both of you used the same hop, one gets lemon and the other not really, does it come down to timing? As in flameout, or 5 minute addition? Or is it perception? 
Personally my tastebuds ate a bit knackered - maybe too many ciggies as a young fella - and I find some flavours and aromas hard to pick/describe…

it might come down to the freshness of the hops as well…

thanks for the feedback though guys 👍✌️🍻

Edited by Tone boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

Personally my tastebuds ate a bit knackered - maybe too many ciggies as a young fella - and I find some flavours and aromas hard to pick/describe…

Everyone is different, some people get catpiss from Citra. Not having drunk catpiss I don't.

Lemon drop and Sorachi Ace are lemony for me

• Haha 4

My 3.7% beer with  simcoe, cashmere, mosaic and citra nice little fruity dash with just enough bitterness to balance it out. It’s even clear after a month in the keg. This was also following a Tripel (hence the glass) so it’s a very refreshing tasty beer with enough flavour to satisfy especially today very hot in the west!

E20CD997-4924-46ED-8EBD-8F8F0FD04D73.jpeg

• Like 7

An Old Speckled Hen clone, extract version. About 6 months old now. Mighty fine drop apart from the hop fade. 
Not overly malty, good amount of body, decent head, well balanced. Getting some caramel and toffee overtones. Reminds me of running naked through a corn field on a summer evening… ok, I’ll stick to making it and leave the tasting notes to someone else 🤔

1D75F8D0-BBE4-4408-9BC4-D189B8191E21.jpeg

F2A713FF-6491-4343-B257-570F97CC5DDA.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Ella/Munich Smash AG 

‘Came in a little high with an ABV of 6.3%, ( steady drinker this one )

Used Gladfield Munich Malt, and Ella hop additions in the boil and dry hop, 110g all up.

Fermented for 8days@18 degrees, 2 days@22 degrees, CC for 4 days. 
US-05 Yeast 
Kegged on Friday. 

Cheers RD44🍻🍻🍻

ADCA648B-B47A-454A-AC89-D34A8C800D48.jpeg

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Ella/Munich Smash AG 

Used Gladfield Munich Malt, and Ella hop additions in the boil and dry hop, 110g all up.

US-05 Yeast 
Kegged on Friday. 

Cheers RD44🍻🍻🍻

Looks good mate, obviously you are happy with it, good one. 👍  The old AG trick seems to be suiting you. 🍻

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Ella/Munich Smash AG 

US-05 Yeast 
Kegged on Friday. 

Cheers RD44🍻🍻🍻

ADCA648B-B47A-454A-AC89-D34A8C800D48.jpeg

Interesting beer. Sounds tasty.

• Like 2

Drank the last of my bottled kit beer today.  This is a side by side of a 3 year old Morgans "Golden Czech Pilsner" and an AG German Pilsner that was brewed in July.   The bottle has been sitting lagering in my beer fridge for over 12 months and the AG is the second of two kegs that I did at the end of July and has been in the keezer since then.   The AG has a stronger yeast smell and has more hop characteristics while the kit Pilsner is dryer and has heavier carbonation.  The colours are identical.  The AG is definitely sweeter.  Both brilliant beers. One took 30 minutes and about  $25 to make 48 stubbies.  The other 4.5 hours and $30 to make 2 19 litre keg or about 100 stubbies.   Left is the kit and right is the AG.   Bugger just realised the auto  focus was on the disk in the back. Can't take another one as I drank it.  

20211128_174553.jpg

Screenshot (11).png

Edited by Marty_G
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

Not drinking home brew as I am just getting back into it and fermenter #1 is ready for bottling tomorrow. Also picked up a brew fridge off gumtree today, it was only a few streets away so I'm back in the game with the warmer weather here.

But I am having a Coopers sparkling as I need to replenish my empty bottle stock. In fact I think I've depleted all the stock of that in my closest supplier stores 🙂 So I may grab a box of pale tomorrow and give that a crack.

• Like 7