Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

after a night out drinking the best they had on tap, i'm happy to come home to one i've made myself that is cherry ripe and busting with flavour, happy to know i am actually on the right track. still a lot to learn but delighted with the progress i've made.

IMG_8884.jpg

Edited by Stickers
picture
  • Like 12

Meant to post this earlier in the week but got caught up. My Belgian red IPA is gassed an pourin’ 

although not a lot of Belgian character is present. It is there and It’s a really nice beer. The yeast certainly adds something which I favour more so than a US-05 ferment but it doesn’t scream Belgian. 

F3775AED-047E-4653-B02E-6D4D49839D5D.jpeg

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, MitchBastard said:

Meant to post this earlier in the week but got caught up. My Belgian red IPA is gassed an pourin’ 

although not a lot of Belgian character is present. It is there and It’s a really nice beer. The yeast certainly adds something which I favour more so than a US-05 ferment but it doesn’t scream Belgian. 

Looks really nice Mitch, great colour, head, which yeast did you use ? Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks really nice Mitch, great colour, head, which yeast did you use ? Cheers.

Add to that the fermentation temps you used. The Belgian taste tends to be from 3 things. The yeast obviously but also pitch rate and the fermentation temps. Changes to both of those variables will give a different result.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

HW using Gladfield Malts and the ol' tried n true Lally Munich Yeast n HTau Mit a lovely refreshing drop.

Cloudy... and it is raining 🥳

image.thumb.png.1e601eb367a30e139f754aa28b6b7e9c.png

Thats exactly the ingredients i use. Lovely beer. I must do one soon.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah I’ve showed him when I’m making AG beer, but doesn’t really seem interested.

‘He said it’s quicker to go to the bottlo and buy a slab 😂😂

he is not very good at picking  slabs of beer either   

• Haha 3

On 12/4/2021 at 3:40 PM, BlackSands said:

After a 14km run on a warm sunny day what better way to offset the positive benefits of exercise than with a voss-fermented Nelson/Riwaka Pale Ale! 

😜 

IMG_20211202_171856.jpg

14 k’s a solid effort mate. Well deserved refreshment I say !!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

6 month old Duvel Clone. Beautiful beer. The head actually grew for about 5 mins after I poured it. Gave a nice fluffy head

20211130_204925.jpg

Looks nice mate, also cool glass and well done for waiting 6months👍 I have a saison that’s been in the bottle for 6 months and a couple of oatmeal stouts 9months. Probably try them soon or wait till my dads here for a visit. I imagine the saison will be lively! 

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2021 at 5:55 PM, Itinerant Peasant said:

A frothing Pint of Ale as a good mate of mine used to say... 

Here the latest IPA from APB (Amalgamated Peasants' Brewing) and with Enigma shining through it is interesting, nice and refreshing.

🥳

image.thumb.png.16a0d6f77a2b0cc71bd2f8ff15ce9560.png

I'd missed the iconic post shots @Itinerant Peasant, another ripper mate - love it! Hope you're doing okay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

MJ Blonde Dry exactly 2 weeks old today, testing a bottle, this is nice so far, it will get better. The Chinook really come through with a nice bite/bitterness. This is the first batch from the brews brewed in November, 5 in total, so things are looking up for Xmas stocks.

Cheers

Phil

912481630_MJBLONDEDRY051221.thumb.jpg.bc0ef512fa302e05a00a93eb722c2806.jpg

Looks really nice Phil, @Classic Brewing Co might give this one a go.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Looks really nice Phil, @Classic Brewing Co might give this one a go.

It is a good fridge filler, fairly basic but I boost it with 1.5kg Light LME, kit yeast & of course hops to your liking, I ended up with 4 x packs of this brew as they were on clearance 2 for $25.00 at a local LHBS along with 4-5 packs of Chinook at 1/2 price - all within the best before date. It makes for cheap drinking 😀  I could look up a Coopers recipe that is similar & try & make it in the name of good relations. I have 6 cartons bottled so I will stagger it out over the holiday period. Cheers.

mj-aus-bl.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It is a good fridge filler, fairly basic but I boost it with 1.5kg Light LME, kit yeast & of course hops to your liking, I ended up with 4 x packs of this brew as they were on clearance 2 for $25.00 at a local LHBS along with 4-5 packs of Chinook at 1/2 price - all within the best before date. It makes for cheap drinking 😀  I could look up a Coopers recipe that is similar & try & make it in the name of good relations. I have 6 cartons bottled so I will stagger it out over the holiday period. Cheers.

mj-aus-bl.jpg

Thanks mate much appreciated.

• Like 1