Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

33 minutes ago, Stickers said:

i've never used carahell, that's about the only thing i can think might throw the colour off

They state a certain EBC for the recipe, you'd think they would have that covered. As i said, doesnt bother me the taste is lovely. Some brewers might be looking for colour aswell.

• Like 2

1st taste of the Mr Beer Northwest Pale Ale only bottled on the 20th Nov from a PET tester bottle, the rest are in glass. Not bad, bit youngish but carbed enough & flavour of Centennial coming through, lots of bubbles too.  It will get better & I have a lot of different beers all within weeks of each other all aging gracefully.

Cheers Phil.

313133450_1sttastemrbeernorthwestpaleale91221.thumb.jpg.7d439391791efe0cbf46621df21b4de1.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

1st taste of the Mr Beer Northwest Pale Ale only bottled on the 20th Nov from a PET tester bottle, the rest are in glass. Not bad, bit youngish but carbed enough & flavour of Centennial coming through, lots of bubbles too.  It will get better & I have a lot of different beers all within weeks of each other all aging gracefully.

Cheers Phil.

313133450_1sttastemrbeernorthwestpaleale91221.thumb.jpg.7d439391791efe0cbf46621df21b4de1.jpg

Looks very tasty Phil.  Great colour. Did u add anything extra, or is it just the extract  ? I have yet to try one of the Mr beer tins. 

• Like 1

First bottle of my first BIAB AG Old Peculier. Three weeks old. Holy cow that’ll do !

Quite rich, malty but a bit less than the commercial version. Hop profile seems correct. Good level of bitterness, and the colour seems to be right. Decent head, don’t know if it’ll last coz I won’t wait to find out. No estery home brew flavours, which I’m surprised about since it’s only 3 weeks in the bottle and is a strong-ish brew. 
Be doing that one again for sure, hope it’s not beginner’s luck

CB9A4E1E-03D8-47ED-B7A4-3B926CEB6FD4.jpeg

E80D653B-675B-446A-8A78-6A0C1B9D6102.jpeg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

First bottle of my first BIAB AG Old Peculier. Three weeks old. Holy cow that’ll do !

Quite rich, malty but a bit less than the commercial version. Hop profile seems correct. Good level of bitterness, and the colour seems to be right. Decent head, don’t know if it’ll last coz I won’t wait to find out. No estery home brew flavours, which I’m surprised about since it’s only 3 weeks in the bottle and is a strong-ish brew. 
Be doing that one again for sure, hope it’s not beginner’s luck

Looks the business to me Stquinto, lovely looking drop well done.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Stickers said:

a cousin has just built an amazing looking bar for his place... and stocked it full of great northerns. suggesting he should look into this homebrew thing, a couple of taps would really set the reno off

What was he thinking ? Great Northern 🤮  The bar sounds good though, you will have to 'edumicate'  him !!

• Haha 3

On 12/8/2021 at 7:11 PM, Pale Man said:

Compared to the advertised product, colour is way out.

The Voyage: American Pale Ale Advanced Recipe Pack (diybeer.com)

Hey Paley, we're looking into this. Can you please provide the date codes from both cans of extract and tell us where and when you bought the recipe pack.  Cheers!

• Like 5

On 12/8/2021 at 8:40 PM, PintsAtMeLocal said:

What kind of dynamics does the saison  yeast give ? Never used one 

Ive been schooled by @disgruntled many times. The whole point here is home brewing is for your own taste.

The man has narrowed down his skills to brew what he loves. And putting up his recipes. Thats passion for brewing.

And showing a glass of his finest. You may or may not agree for personal choice, but its all about accepting wider views and characters.

Thats why i post here often. There's some cracking characters, and ideas.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, stquinto said:

Well done @stquinto , I am keen to give one of these a go, been on "the brew list" for quite a while (since the Old Peculier thread started) and I have be trying a few of the commercial bottles to get a handle on what to aim for.

• Like 1

It's a lovely beer Coopers team. Lots of hop going on. It's an early drinker. Bitterness gets you young, but the rest of hops take over. The only thing that let's this beer down is EBC. And that's nit picking.  Maybe use a lighter can for base malt. I'm not sure.

20211210_165942.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

It's a lovely beer Coopers team. Lots of hop going on. It's an early drinker. Bitterness gets you young, but the rest of hops take over. The only thing that let's this beer down is EBC. And that's nit picking.  Maybe use a lighter can for base malt. I'm not sure.

20211210_165942.jpg

Looks more than decent , and the colour aint bad at all. It would be different if it had turned out green...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Looks more than decent , and the colour aint bad at all. It would be different if it had turned out green...

Its not an American Pale Ale though, its stuck between a hoppy Amber and something else. I'll let it go because its very tasty.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Hey Paley, we're looking into this. Can you please provide the date codes from both cans of extract and tell us where and when you bought the recipe pack.  Cheers!

Maybe a Coopers Mexican Cervica, or the old faithful Coopers Lager can with that lot for colour and bitterness. Very stable base cans.

The rest will follow. Coopers seem to really go overboard with bitterness. 

• Like 1