Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

found a bottle of the first brew i did this year (using saison yeast)

IMG_8924.thumb.jpg.76351bc6e913ae426799bef8abf38095.jpg

still a really nice taste, a lot of lolly banana i'd describe it as. safbrew BE134 yeast.

clear, carbed with OG @Muzzy method. i need to do something like this again.

Saison-smaller.jpg.07664d516ae06b6f5991e3f78a67b484.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A quiet Tuesday afternoon slurp of the MV Blonde Dry getting closer to the mark, easy drinking this one, I have 4 x Cartons bottled as I did a double batch.  A very nice fridge filler still only 3 & 1/2 weeks old but getting better by the day. Cheers. 

1438121861_BlondeDry14122021.thumb.jpg.3c603df6549faf15132c702610d7de30.jpg

Ive noticed my beers get noticeably better between the 3 and 4 week mark. Seems like a sweet spot. They don't last much longer than that tho 😁

Edited by PintsAtMeLocal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Ive noticed my beers get noticeably better between the 3 and 4 week mark. Seems like a sweet spot. They don't last much longer than that tho 😁

Agreed, a few weeks make a lot of difference, the head retention, mouthfeel & overall quality of the beer improve immensely, even better if you have multiple FV's & brews backed up as you can continue to try different batches every other week or so.

• Like 2

Just started tapping this brew on the weekend. Was trying to use up some Eldorado and Denali hops. It is coming into its own today. I like it! Not citrusy, but somehow fruity, and piney. Nice change. Glad to have it as I my last batch, an English Bitter, didn't turn out well (too much crystal). 

El Dorado & Cascades APA
Nov 25, 2021

1.7kg Coopers APA
1.5kg light LME
650g Vienna 17%
300g Superior Pilsner malt 7.8%
200g Crystal 15L 5.2%
125g Carapils 3.3%
10g El Dorado x 20 min
15g El Dorado x 5 minutes
13g Denali & 23g El Dorado @ FO for 20 minute hop stand 
30g Cascades  DH x 4 days
10g El Dorado DH
10mL Clarity ferm
23L
7g Coopers Ale yeast & 7g Euro Lager yeast dry pitched @ 19C. 

Edited by ChristinaS1
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, ChristinaS1 said:
Just started tapping this brew on the weekend. Was trying to use up some Eldorado and Denali hops. It is coming into its own today. I like it! Not citrusy, but somehow fruity, and piney. Nice change. Glad to have it as I my last batch, an English Bitter, didn't turn out well (too much crystal). 

El Dorado & Cascades APA
Nov 25, 2021

1.7kg Coopers APA
1.5kg light LME
650g Vienna 17%
200g Crystal 15L 5.2%
125g Carapils 3.3%
10g El Dorado x 20 min
10g El Dorado DH
10mL Clarity ferm
23L

I just got some El Dorado hops and looking forward to using them! Never tried them before.  
I’ll try them in a pale ale I think. 
Glad to yours turned out well 🤟🍻

• Like 2

The long awaited first ever Coopers Bootmaker Pale Ale, I must say this is a fine drop, a beautiful tasting Pale. It has a very angry head which was hard to compose a worthy photo but I am a Happy Camper !! 🍻 Cheers.

The house move is now underway I am going closer to the sea, one street away down at my beloved Glenelg Beach. Lot's of brewing & fresh sea air, what more could you want. 🏖️1676241409_COOPERSBOOTMAKERPALEALE15122021.thumb.jpg.b180b628bbae698eae378bad3b3a43ae.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The long awaited first ever Coopers Bootmaker Pale Ale, I must say this is a fine drop, a beautiful tasting Pale. It has a very angry head which was hard to compose a worthy photo but I am a Happy Camper !! 🍻 Cheers.

The house move is now underway I am going closer to the sea, one street away down at my beloved Glenelg Beach. Lot's of brewing & fresh sea air, what more could you want. 🏖️1676241409_COOPERSBOOTMAKERPALEALE15122021.thumb.jpg.b180b628bbae698eae378bad3b3a43ae.jpg

Closer to your beloved seafood too Phil. Good on you. Hope the move goes smoothly. 
Any hops in that one? I haven’t cracked my first Bootmaker yet, should be ready about Christmas time…looking forward to it though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

Closer to your beloved seafood too Phil. Good on you. Hope the move goes smoothly. 
Any hops in that one? I haven’t cracked my first Bootmaker yet, should be ready about Christmas time…looking forward to it though.

Hey Toner, Cheers yes 50gm Centennial, nice, I used 1.5 LME & the things just sings to you, only bottled on 27/11/2021, bloody nice beer. 👍

Thanks for your comments, I am organised & have good mates only willing to help where necessary. Cheers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tone boy said:

I just got some El Dorado hops and looking forward to using them! Never tried them before.  
I’ll try them in a pale ale I think. 
Glad to yours turned out well 🤟🍻

Enjoy very nice hop also goes well with Mosaic😋

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ChristinaS1 said:

El Dorado & Cascades APA
Nov 25, 2021

1.7kg Coopers APA
1.5kg light LME
650g Vienna 17%
200g Crystal 15L 5.2%
125g Carapils 3.3%
10g El Dorado x 20 min
10g El Dorado DH
10mL Clarity ferm
23L

Long time no hear, hope all is well mate

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Aah good to know. I might have to get some…I only have Galaxy, motueka, cascade in stock that maybe(?) would pair with el dorado 🤷‍♂️

I think Galaxy just about pairs with anything IMO Never used Motueka it’s also on the to do list and cascade is pretty handy as well.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RDT2 said:
4 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Aah good to know. I might have to get some…I only have Galaxy, motueka, cascade in stock that maybe(?) would pair with el dorado 🤷‍♂️

I think Galaxy just about pairs with anything IMO Never used Motueka it’s also on the to do list and cascade is pretty handy as well.

Ooh ooh, my favourite at the minute is Galaxy and Cascade - besties at least for me.

• Like 3