Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

1 hour ago, kmar92 said:

1st AG attempt. Pale ale hopped with generous centennial, cascade and citra. US05 because I had it and needed to use it, not my favourite yeast. Quite nice but I hope to improve.

1775e.JPG

Beautiful. The all grain journey is never ending. We all hope to improve. That perfect beer is just out of grasp.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

That perfect beer is just out of grasp.

Nah, mine is in my hand.

Went to the new house the other day, bottled homebrew from the fridge, 35°c outside, 1600, 4 hours of work done outside, the loveliest crisp clear refreshing beer I have had.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 12/5/2021 at 7:56 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks really nice Mitch, great colour, head, which yeast did you use ? Cheers.

Hey mate, used white labs abbey ale yeast. It’s a great yeast. Just not overly out spoken. It’s meant for quads and dubbels so tends to prop up beers with more of a malt backbone

• Like 2

On 12/5/2021 at 8:45 AM, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Add to that the fermentation temps you used. The Belgian taste tends to be from 3 things. The yeast obviously but also pitch rate and the fermentation temps. Changes to both of those variables will give a different result.

Yeah I certainly had the pitch rate more catered towards an American beer rather than a Belgian. Ferment temp was 20 and slowly raising to 25. The pitch rate I dunno, I didn’t do a cell count 😅

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kmar92 said:

1st AG attempt. Pale ale hopped with generous centennial, cascade and citra. US05 because I had it and needed to use it, not my favourite yeast. Quite nice but I hope to improve.

1775e.JPG

Nice one mate! Looks pretty damned fine to me ….

My first AG (ok, BIAB) is just over two weeks in the bottle. Really tempted to crack one but they are 50cl bottles so I’m hesitant as there are only 40 - it’s an Old Perc clone so being stronger than many I know it’ll benefit from being left. 
But I know I’ll give in at the weekend. Sigh…

Going to be quite a journey this AG I can tell

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

An AIPA from a while back. I had kegged 10 litres and bottled the rest. Bit of a gusher which is a shame as the bottle was exceptionally clear. For some reason there is still a metallic taste off it, as if the water had some dodgy chemical composition  but it’s the same stuff out of the tap as for all of the other brews. 101BEB83-9338-47DD-B9E0-D6CA645620E6.thumb.jpeg.15bf7f0ac0ed57c2540129e1de30dc6a.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1