Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

4 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

First pour of my AG recipe of @ozdevil's American Pale Ale, only 2 days in the keg.  Am very glad I toned the ABV down to 3.6% for a session beer as it certainly is that and it will be very hard to leave this keg alone tonight.

Would have thought with the big dry hop it would have been more "hoppy" but am very happy with the aroma and taste and where it sits.  👍 😋   A couple of weeks or more in the keg will clear it up a bit more.  Most of the haze in pic is condensate on my cold glass.

Its going to be a great Christmas sipper if I can leave it alone for that long.

Beautiful, Curry, Mustard, Lime colours, nah seriously looks really good Al.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

First pour of my AG recipe of @ozdevil's American Pale Ale, only 2 days in the keg.  Am very glad I toned the ABV down to 3.6% for a session beer as it certainly is that and it will be very hard to leave this keg alone tonight.

Would have thought with the big dry hop it would have been more "hoppy" but am very happy with the aroma and taste and where it sits.  👍 😋   A couple of weeks or more in the keg will clear it up a bit more.  Most of the haze in pic is condensate on my cold glass.

Its going to be a great Christmas sipper if I can leave it alone for that long.

OzDevil's American Pale Ale - first pour - resized.jpg

cheers mate .....  it certainly was a ripper beer for me and i brewed it to its real strength lol

mate pull the disconnect off  and let  it settle  mate and condition  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

@BlackSands it looks like you have joined a few of us that have changed our avatar, are you really a bank robber or did you just get caught ? 🤣

Yup, I really am a bank robber and I have yet to be caught.  Times are tough in these COVID times so... 'needs must'  😉 

• Haha 2

Took OzDevils advice tonight and pulled the plug on his USPA until next month so hence moved over to taste test a 5.1% AG batch of Pacific Summer Ale which I had brewed for my old man for Christmas.  Cannot have more than a couple of these as I promised him the whole keg.  Its the Galaxy and Summer hops which really sets this recipe up for some real easy summer drinking.  Luckily I have another FV of a slightly lesser ABV of this recipe for my own consumption which is just about ready to keg so happy days. 

Bring on the heat I say, am damn sick of the cold and the wet.

PSA for Pops taste test - resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 10

My first stout at 1.5 weeks in bottle. I had to try it. I am loving this one!! I overdid the hops (20g Fuggles at flameout for 30min and a dry hop). Time will reduce bitterness for sure and next time I won't do a flamrout addition. I guess I wanted a more malty sweeter stout. Maybe I should try adding grain. Either way I'm happy ! Next will do a dark ale tin with the remaining fuggles to make a brown ale of sorts

IMG-20211117-WA0011.jpeg

IMG-20211117-WA0013.jpeg

Edited by PintsAtMeLocal
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

My first stout at 1.5 weeks in bottle. I had to try it. I am loving this one!! I overdid the hops (20g Fuggles at flameout for 30min and a dry hop). Time will reduce bitterness for sure and next time I won't do a flamrout addition. I guess I wanted a more malty sweeter stout. Maybe I should try adding grain. Either way I'm happy ! Next will do a dark ale tin with the remaining fuggles to make a brown ale of sorts

IMG-20211117-WA0011.jpeg

IMG-20211117-WA0013.jpeg

Lovely fluffy head. Looks a tasty beer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My first crack at a Belgian Triple just scraped in at 7.5%. I made 23litres so filled a 19litre keg and put the rest in my 10 litre keg.  After one day in the keg it’s bloody tasty. I used the Bastogne yeast which I got for half price and Tettnang hops. Very nicely balanced so happy with this I am definitely a Belgian fan. It’s a very dangerously drinkable beer 🍻 

EB417A1E-B4E6-473D-A35F-825C0D0C2959.jpeg

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, Popo said:

What is this?

beer. I did not have my computer so it was a beer coaster beer, turned out quite well actually.

Ingredients:
------------
Amt              Name                                             Type          #          %/IBU         Volume        
3.00 kg          Pale Malt, Ale (Barrett Burston) (5.9 EBC)       Grain         1          75.0 %        1.96 L        
1.00 kg          Wheat Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.0 EBC)           Grain         2          25.0 %        0.65 L        
10.00 g          Pride of Ringwood [9.10 %] - Boil 60.0 min       Hop           3          10.6 IBUs     -             
50.00 g          Enigma [16.50 %] - Steep/Whirlpool  20.0 min, 90 Hop           4          29.0 IBUs     -             
25.00 g          Galaxy [15.70 %] - Steep/Whirlpool  20.0 min, 90 Hop           5          13.8 IBUs     -             

Hophead yeast

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, disgruntled said:

beer. I did not have my computer so it was a beer coaster beer, turned out quite well actually.

Ingredients:
------------
Amt              Name                                             Type          #          %/IBU         Volume        
3.00 kg          Pale Malt, Ale (Barrett Burston) (5.9 EBC)       Grain         1          75.0 %        1.96 L        
1.00 kg          Wheat Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.0 EBC)           Grain         2          25.0 %        0.65 L        
10.00 g          Pride of Ringwood [9.10 %] - Boil 60.0 min       Hop           3          10.6 IBUs     -             
50.00 g          Enigma [16.50 %] - Steep/Whirlpool  20.0 min, 90 Hop           4          29.0 IBUs     -             
25.00 g          Galaxy [15.70 %] - Steep/Whirlpool  20.0 min, 90 Hop           5          13.8 IBUs     -             

Hophead yeast

Looks a nice easy going recipe fella. The sort of thing i'm after at the moment.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RDT2 said:

My first crack at a Belgian Triple just scraped in at 7.5%. I made 23litres so filled a 19litre keg and put the rest in my 10 litre keg.  After one day in the keg it’s bloody tasty. I used the Bastogne yeast which I got for half price and Tettnang hops. Very nicely balanced so happy with this I am definitely a Belgian fan. It’s a very dangerously drinkable beer 🍻 

Lovely.........yes they are very dangerous.

• Haha 3

On 11/19/2021 at 10:13 PM, RDT2 said:

Looks nice mate. Love the glass too. Never used the bastogne yeast. I think its the only one I haven't tried. They develop well over time too. If they ever last that long to find out 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sneak peek of the Fruit Salad Pale. It only went in the keg yesterday and was fast carbed over night. It needs to improve head retention and formation and also needs to clear up a little more but it’s getting there. Still a little green but quite nice so far. Very tasty and tbh, this is my 3rd 😀 In a week or two, this is going to be a very nice beer. Hope it lasts that long 😂

41776E57-5F22-450B-B36C-4CB59F86C932.thumb.jpeg.22754a1e4915aff2450acbdafa1191f8.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 2