Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

9 hours ago, kmar92 said:

I have never seen that one, but I will be on the lookout for it. The oldest brewery in the world makes some very fine beers.

They certainly do, I have tried at least 6-7 different types of there beer, their range is enormous. I also have 3 different Steins, tall glasses that are included free in the promos at a couple of my local Hotels.

The Weihenstephaner Fetsbier was nice but I prefer some of their others. I also find the sturdy 500ml bottles great for brewing.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Second taste test of my Royal Lager (Crown Lager clone) recipe which was a partial mash done back in October.  My first taste test really showed up that this beer was a kit tin brew and was different from my AG brews, a background something which I had forgotten about.

It has become better after about 3 weeks in the keg but it’s just a tad malty and maybe a bit on the sweet side for a 5.0% ABV beer, even though I threw 6 kg of grains at the two Coopers kit tins so suspect Coopers use crystal malts in these tins.

In hindsight I should have upped both the bittering hops and the late aroma hops (both Hallertau Mittelfrueh) to get it closer to where I reckon it should be.  Don’t get me wrong it is a great beer to drink but just think I missed the perfect mark by a whisker.  No mash salts where used, just filtered rainwater so probably could have tweaked that a bit to enhance the hop.  Maybe could have used a late PoR in it to give that Crown Lager touch too.

Royal Lager Taste Test 14Nov2021 - resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am sure as as hell enjoying my Coopers Pale Ale.

Nothing wrong with a Coopers Pale Ale Phil, its one of my all time favorite commercial beers.  Funny thing is I have never made one, even K & K so maybe I should to see how close I can get to the real deal one day.   I do make a very good Coopers Sparkling Ale clone (even if I do say so myself). Cheers mate.🍻

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, iBooz2 said:

Nothing wrong with a Coopers Pale Ale Phil, its one of my all time favorite commercial beers.  Funny thing is I have never made one, even K & K so maybe I should to see how close I can get to the real deal one day.   I do make a very good Coopers Sparkling clone (even if I do say so myself). Cheers mate.🍻

To be clear this is not the commercial version, this is mine that I made.  I must try the Sparkling myself. Cheers.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

To be clear this is not the commercial version, this is mine that I made.  I must try the Sparkling myself. Cheers.

Yes Phil, I knew that.  The commercial is a tad more cloudy than yours which is the giveaway.   I (and probably many others) have the utmost respect for your brewing and resultant beers as they always look very good.   Sometimes too good in fact.   You have nothing you need to prove to me as I always admire your recipes and your pics. 👌

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Yes Phil, I knew that.  The commercial is a tad more cloudy than yours which is the giveaway.   I (and probably many others) have the utmost respect for your brewing and resultant beers as they always look very good.   Sometimes too good in fact.   You have nothing you need to prove to me as I always admire your recipes and your pics. 👌

Thank you Al for the kind words & praise, I appreciate that very much. I as many others have learnt a lot from this forum & I am stubborn in as much as I have stuck to extract brewing, with additions & experimenting but I feel at this point there is only one way to go & that is up. By that I mean the move to BIAB/AG but I also have to weigh up other factors as I have my eye on a property which is actually on the same street I am on, in fact, just up the road, so for the present my concentration is on the move as it will give me more room to expand my brewery.

Cheers.

• Like 4

On 11/1/2021 at 10:50 PM, Pale Man said:

Duvel Clone. Golden and delicious. At 8.5% knocks your socks off Uncle Beryl 🤪

20211102_081632.jpg

That looks a beauty @Pale Man 👍

After the initial fermentation did you keep it in the fridge for a while? And did you keg or bottle? 
Looks like you’ve found the Holy Grail of homebrewing.  😇

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 6:35 AM, Smashed Crabs said:

Haven't been able to brew and no signs of a decent beer or anything coopers anywhere .. O well can't complain with the prices 🤟😅IMG20211102161129.thumb.jpg.a50747d99bc3bba53bdcc834db33aa7e.jpg

Holy Sh!t that’s cheap! Turn my liver to foie gras if I had those prices… 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Yeah got some good deals at this place and it wasn't even duty free just stock standard prices … don't wanna walk into a bottle shop after iv returned to Australia and see the prices.

Iv actually got some home made Kraken at home I'm going to do some side by sides with to compare. 

Got some awesome cigars also really cheap to go with it.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Smashed Crabs said:

Yeah got some good deals at this place and it wasn't even duty free just stock standard prices … don't wanna walk into a bottle shop after iv returned to Australia and see the prices.

Iv actually got some home made Kraken at home I'm going to do some side by sides with to compare. 

Got some awesome cigars also really cheap to go with it.

Kind of a activity  for my Bunker. Sorry, Exclusive Gentlemen’s Club 🤣

• Haha 1

I know I shouldn’t post this each time I have a bottle but I am well chuffed with it - Belgian Dubbel from a kit with a couple of tweaks. It’s been in the bottle since about March. 
I have two more 9 litre batches in FV,s but can’t wait to try my own BIAB version 

89FBEE00-F790-42F6-B6EA-CBB50CCFAB38.jpeg

• Like 7

On 11/14/2021 at 10:02 PM, stquinto said:

On 11/14/2021 at 10:02 PM, stquinto said:
On 11/3/2021 at 4:35 PM, Smashed Crabs said:

Haven't been able to brew and no signs of a decent beer or anything coopers anywhere .. O well can't complain with the prices 🤟😅IMG20211102161129.thumb.jpg.a50747d99bc3bba53bdcc834db33aa7e.jpg

Holy Sh!t that’s cheap! Turn my liver to foie gras if I had those prices

Where were these Smashed Crabs mate, what part of the world?

• Like 1