Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

14 minutes ago, stquinto said:

It's a lovely beer Coopers team. Lots of hop going on. It's an early drinker. Bitterness gets you young, but the rest of hops take over. The only thing that let's this beer down is EBC. And that's nit picking.  Maybe use a lighter can for base malt. I'm not sure.

Looks pretty good to me @Pale Man you are right about the colour but taste is more important !

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Ive been schooled by @disgruntled many times. The whole point here is home brewing is for your own taste.

The man has narrowed down his skills to brew what he loves. And putting up his recipes. Thats passion for brewing.

And showing a glass of his finest. You may or may not agree for personal choice, but its all about accepting wider views and characters.

Thats why i post here often. There's some cracking characters, and ideas.

While I completely agree with your post, I have no idea why u quoted my post mate 😂 🍻

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, jamiek86 said:

@Aussiekraut do you.ever use yours? mine is cheap and nasty and it just fills with foam but scold!

Eclipse pale ale but we will call it Viking ale I really need to try and ale with juniper berries

20211211_232702.jpg

Have you tried putting it in the fridge/freezer before filling it, that may help with the foam?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@Aussiekraut do you.ever use yours? mine is cheap and nasty and it just fills with foam but scold!

Eclipse pale ale but we will call it Viking ale I really need to try and ale with juniper berries

20211211_232702.jpg

What did ya think of the eclipse PA Jamie? Done a few of these now - bit of a megaswill beer really. I don't mind it at all

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

20211211_232702.jpg

Yeah, every now and then I do. You need to coat the inside in bees wax. Those horns aren't necessarily water proof and can leak. The wax seals them and keeps the festy stuff away.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Have you tried putting it in the fridge/freezer before filling it, that may help with the foam?

yes it was before this fill the narrow bottom guarantees the foam it settles after a while but taste good out of it.

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

What did ya think of the eclipse PA Jamie? Done a few of these now - bit of a megaswill beer really. I don't mind it at all

not sure if would call it megaswill or not but yes I've done about 4 with it as the only hop addition it's nice. I remember when it was a new hop and I first tried an all grain version at high country hops in Beechworth. I remembered it for when started brewing again.

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

Yeah, every now and then I do. You need to coat the inside in bees wax. Those horns aren't necessarily water proof and can leak. The wax seals them and keeps the festy stuff away.

Only about the 4th time I've drank from it this was cheap when I got it they all appear to be expensive but better made now. The cups with handles is what I'll get next but $50 and up for cheapest is bit dear. $80 for good ones will wait a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamiek86 said:
2 hours ago, Mickep said:

not sure if would call it megaswill or not but yes I've done about 4 with it as the only hop addition it's nice. I remember when it was a new hop and I first tried an all grain version at high country hops in Beechworth. I remembered it for when started brewing again.

Megaswill for me that is.🤣 Doesn't last long that's for sure. 

• Like 2