Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

9 hours ago, RDT2 said:

I think Galaxy just about pairs with anything IMO Never used Motueka it’s also on the to do list and cascade is pretty handy as well.

Motueka is great with Nelson suavin in a pacific ale. Great match. Try it.
Cheers for the feedback RDT2

👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mickep said:

Ooh ooh, my favourite at the minute is Galaxy and Cascade - besties at least for me.

Yep got one of those already bottled Mick. Haven’t tried it yet. Bootmaker pale ale with Galaxy and cascade- due for a Christmas tryout 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

Motueka is great with Nelson suavin in a pacific ale. Great match. Try it.
Cheers for the feedback RDT2

👍👍

I love Nelson suavin so your speaking my language that combination is added to the list 😋

• Like 2

Sounds like it will be a blast at the Xmas parties at these places !! 😲

BHP, Woodside and Rio Tinto have and decided four alcoholic drinks per person was the maximum they would serve staff at their Christmas functions this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/markets/christmas-party-drink-limit-set-at-bhp-rio-tinto-woodside/ar-AARTgfk?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=W022

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Sounds like it will be a blast at the Xmas parties at these places !! 😲

BHP, Woodside and Rio Tinto have and decided four alcoholic drinks per person was the maximum they would serve staff at their Christmas functions this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/markets/christmas-party-drink-limit-set-at-bhp-rio-tinto-woodside/ar-AARTgfk?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=W022

if they are footing the bill  and on their premises then fair enough  make the limit, but if the employee wishes  to buy his own after his 4 drink limit  and not at a work site   then that should be the employees discretion and the venues discretion as well.

no company has the right to stop  people purchasing their own alcohol at a licensed venue  or restricting  that venue from making money

to some 4 drinks is fine  but to some of these workers have work hard for these company's they just want to let the hair down and enjoy

• Like 2

Old Peculier clone, first BIAB, quite happy with it. The original beer isn’t overly hoppy but has a quite a marked maltiness to it, and this seems about right in that respect. I suspect that with trying to clone particular beers can be difficult getting the particular hop profile right. Time will tell. My previous efforts with Tim Taylor’s Landlord clones were disappointing because I think that the whole point with that commercial brew was that is was a special blend of hops, and with HB dry hopping/ hop teas etc. is more of an art than a science so maybe a recipe might be hit and miss. 
As an aside, this is one hell of a rabbit hole to be going down 🤣😭

2D9DEE5C-B9D4-481C-959C-567AB8CEF126.jpeg

• Like 10

On 12/16/2021 at 9:36 PM, Tone boy said:

Yep got one of those already bottled Mick. Haven’t tried it yet. Bootmaker pale ale with Galaxy and cascade- due for a Christmas tryout 

@Tone boy, Toner I must try the Bootmaker....Just about to do a couple of Aussie Summer Lagers and then I'll give it a crack. Any additions you've tweaked it with or just straight from the recipe?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mickep said:

@Tone boy, Toner I must try the Bootmaker....Just about to do a couple of Aussie Summer Lagers and then I'll give it a crack. Any additions you've tweaked it with or just straight from the recipe?

Hey @MickepMick. This is my first go at the Bootmaker. This is my recipe in the photo. I didn’t do a partial mash with this one, but did steep some grains then used that wort for the hop boil. 
8C6779F7-8946-4D9E-91FA-432A6F3CED10.thumb.jpeg.bf7f74fa51df900f84002367f513413f.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 8:09 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

The house move is now underway I am going closer to the sea, one street away down at my beloved Glenelg Beach. Lot's of brewing & fresh sea air, what more could you want. 🏖️

Good luck on all that Phil, making me jealous it’s summertime for you fellas. Winter’s hardly started and I’m p*ssed off with it already 😬

Bloody sun’s down from 4:30PM till 8:15 AM (and 4:30 is a bit early to start drinking…)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Hey @MickepMick. This is my first go at the Bootmaker. This is my recipe in the photo. I didn’t do a partial mash with this one, but did steep some grains then used that wort for the hop boil. 
8C6779F7-8946-4D9E-91FA-432A6F3CED10.thumb.jpeg.bf7f74fa51df900f84002367f513413f.jpeg

Bloody good notes there mate. I got a new notebook so I should transfer over what I’ve jotted down on the phone. Inspirational 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

Stout. 7%, 70 ibu. 9 malts, PoR and saison yeast.

It's AWESOME

PXL_20211218_094916306.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.135d9b9b4e6ebf1762516919af350c3d.jpg

Looks bloody marvelous mate 👍

AG or did you use a base kit? My only stout so far was a bit bland - more of a Murphy’s than a Guinness: a bit thin tasting,  not enough bite. Still got quite a few bottles so that speaks for itself 🤨

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Good luck on all that Phil, making me jealous it’s summertime for you fellas. Winter’s hardly started and I’m p*ssed off with it already 😬

Bloody sun’s down from 4:30PM till 8:15 AM (and 4:30 is a bit early to start drinking…)

4.30 is a late start for me 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Australia is still flexible regarding start times.  You can just pick one that suits you depending on the time of the year!!🍻🍻

Time zones across Australia

UTC+12Norfolk Island Time (NFT)

UTC+11Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)

UTC+11Lord Howe Daylight Time (LHDT)

UTC+10:30Australian Central Daylight Time (ACDT)

UTC+10Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)

UTC+9:30Australian Central Standard Time (ACST)

UTC+8:45Australian Central Western Standard Time (ACWST)

UTC+8Australian Western Standard Time (AWST)

UTC+7Christmas Island Time (CXT)

UTC+6:30Cocos Islands Time (CCT)

• Haha 2