Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

13 hours ago, disgruntled said:

Berry soure, was supposed to be cherries but there weren't any so I bought 1 kg of the dark berry mix.
BEAUTIFUL beer, just what I was after. Tart clean crisp and berry. around 6.5% which is the prefect lawnmower beer. 

REALLY bloody easy drinking.

PXL_20211228_070022388.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.e59655668aaae10dd4d5c3fd8146664e.jpg

Looks awesome mate 👍

Is that an AG or based on a kit?

I fancied trying the Summer Berry ROTM , not sure how long it would keep. Maybe get sourer over time? 

First sampling - the latest variant of my "go to' Amber ale - "Amberillo".   I've done AG and extract versions and now this partial mash variation based on a Coopers lager can.  This lite variant uses Pacific Jade for some 'top-up" bittering and a 50/50 Amarillo/Cascade blend as flavour hops.  In the past I've used 100% Amarillo but thought I'd mix things up a little this time.  All versions to date have been great and this one is no exception! 

😋

AmberLite_Dec2021.jpg

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 10

12 hours ago, stquinto said:

Is that an AG or based on a kit?

AG, Pale and Wheat.

12 hours ago, stquinto said:

Maybe get sourer over time?

No, it's a yeast only, no other bugs, the sour is a by product of the fermentation, once complete there is no more sourerereeererrrrrr

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've started to drink my first batch that I quickly put on six weeks ago since getting back into the game. It was a Coopers Canadian with BE3 and the kit yeast. It's been bottled a month now. No photo here but it looks like a beer, tastes like a beer, holds some head and tastes very nice.

Also put some of my Coopers APA kit made with 1kg LDM and US-05 in the fridge to try tomorrow, it's three weeks old.

I'm also feeling good about saving some coin, restocking my fridge from the cupboard and not having to race off to the BottleO when I run low 🙂 

• Like 8

18 hours ago, BlackSands said:

First sampling - the latest variant of my "go to' Amber ale - "Amberillo".   I've done AG and extract versions and now this partial mash variation based on a Coopers lager can.  This lite variant uses Pacific Jade for some 'top-up" bittering and a 50/50 Amarillo/Cascade blend as flavour hops.  In the past I've used 100% Amarillo but thought I'd mix things up a little this time.  All versions to date have been great and this one is no exception! 

😋

AmberLite_Dec2021.jpg

Now you're just showing off BS. Great pic of a really decent looking beer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Agreed, IT is a master brewer.

IP ya mean, Phil, but you are forgiven due to house moving workload, glad that went well for you.  Enjoy the salt air matey.

Yes very good to see him sneak back in here and "post" a pic of one of his beers (pun intended).  Happy New Year IP - all the very best bloke.  Happy New Year to you too Phil, have a great big house warming party, make a big mess, you deserve it.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

IP ya mean, Phil, but you are forgiven due to house moving workload, glad that went well for you.  Enjoy the salt air matey.

Yes very good to see him sneak back in here and "post" a pic of one of his beers (pun intended).  Happy New Year IP - all the very best bloke.  Happy New Year to you too Phil, have a great big house warming party, make a big mess, you deserve it.

Hey Al, Cheers for that, I did mean IP, I still think he is the Graubster ☠

I am very happy here & I love the sound of surf crashing in the beach, seagulls etc.

We will have a big slosh up by the ⛱ tomorrow,  all the best to you for New Year Mate.🍺💥

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Al, Cheers for that, I did mean IP, I still think he is the Graubster ☠

I am very happy here & I love the sound of surf crashing in the beach, seagulls etc.

We will have a big slosh up by the ⛱ tomorrow,  all the best to you for New Year Mate.🍺💥

Cheers Phil, wish I could gate crash but I think you lot in SA have copped more than your fair share, in fact more an unfair share lately, so I will stay put over NY to keep everyone else in good nick.  Have a good time.  Stay safe and enjoy the sex (err I mean) beers on the beach. 👍

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Cheers Phil, wish I could gate crash but I think you lot in SA have copped more than your fair share, in fact more an unfair share lately, so I will stay put over NY to keep everyone else in good nick.  Have a good time.  Stay safe and enjoy the sex (err I mean) beers on the beach. 👍

👍🍺🍷

• Like 2